NFL tryouts

gbill2004

I don't know why but I don't think it matters if Henoc signs with an NFL team or not. I don't believe he'll re-sign with the Bombers.

I've convinced myself that he will. I think he'll have the ability to earn more outside sources of income here than he would anywhere else, and I can't imagine any other team will outbid us for him. Plus he's been here for three years and would be playing with his brother again.

Seems like a lot of people have a defeatist attitude regarding Henoc.

I think that is a product of the last couple of years.  Losing LaBatte was a huge blow to the psyche of many Bomber fans.  I don't know why but lately I can't help but feel the worst is coming.

Should have traded him last season, like Alex Hall, for NI linemen and/or a QB. We'd be in the same position as now with him as a free agent and an opportunity to re-sign him. Jolt'in Joe missed the boat on that one.

Jolt'in Joe missed an ocean full of boats.

Henoc I believe will be a Bomber if he does not land a gig down south.  Wouldn't call my attitude "defeatist"... but if there is one NFL team that has made a living off of scouting and deploying undersized players well, it's New England.  He likely is not a walk on, onto that defense, but the fact that Henoc has proven a CFL success at MLB, and is a special teams demon, makes NE a scary destination for Bomber fans.  He could certainly be a ST gunner for the Patriots, if they believe he is worth it as a project LB down the road.

I wish Henoc all the best with his NFL try-outs. If he leaves it's not the end of the world. It would force us to go at least 4 NI's on the O-Line and to build Canadian depth at the tackle position. If we find a decent import middle LB I don't see much of a downgrade at the position. I wouldn't want to hold Henoc back either.

That being said, he jumps ship to another CFL team I'll be unhappy. Sometimes **** happens though, look at Fantuz, and of course Labatte.

I think in the CFL it has to be about the money. Players don't get paid like the NFL so if a guy like Muamba or Collaros can cash in, he'll probably take it...There's no CFL team willing to pay Muamba $2 million a season to play but takes a home team discount at $1.5 mill to stay. As far as CFL contracts go, I have no idea what the top linebackers make but he should be at the top of the list & the Bombers should do whatever it takes to re-sign him & not be outbid.

I think in the CFL it has to be about the money. Players don't get paid like the NFL so if a guy like Muamba or Collaros can cash in, he'll probably take it...There's no CFL team willing to pay Muamba $2 million a season to play but takes a home team discount at $1.5 mill to stay. As far as CFL contracts go, I have no idea what the top linebackers make but he should be at the top of the list & the Bombers should do whatever it takes to re-sign him & not be outbid.

The Bombers won't be outbid. Walters has said a countless number of times that the Bombers will match any offer Henoc gets.

My sense is that playing at home isn't that big of a deal for Henoc. There are a lot of very good football programs at universities in southern Ontario but he chose to go to Antigonish and play at StFX.