NFL tryouts

gbill2004

The Bombers won't be outbid. Walters has said a countless number of times that the Bombers will match any offer Henoc gets.

I can't remember a single time Walters said that.  Can you point me to any link where Walters has said that the Bombers will match any offer Muamba gets?  Thanks.

The Bombers won't be outbid. Walters has said a countless number of times that the Bombers will match any offer Henoc gets.

I can't remember a single time Walters said that.  Can you point me to any link where Walters has said that the Bombers will match any offer Muamba gets?  Thanks.

I remember, Walters said in one of his presser that Bombers will match any offer as long as Henoc/agent will give him the chance. Maybe learning from the Carr FA debacle.

I remember, Walters said in one of his presser that Bombers will match any offer as long as Henoc/agent will give him the chance. Maybe learning from the Carr FA debacle.

the Carr debacle wasn't on management that was on Carr. They had agreed to a deal, but Carr is the one that backed out and didn't give the Bombers a chance to match. 

Not sure why you might think it is all about the money? He might get money and location at the same time.

cause it's always been about money with that guy. He was a tough sign right after being drafted too cause he wanted to get paid, he wants to get paid now that he's a free agent. It's not a slight against the player, he is just looking for money and he'll get it. 

the Carr debacle wasn't on management that was on Carr. They had agreed to a deal, but Carr is the one that backed out and didn't give the Bombers a chance to match. 

agree it's Carr/agent fault, they didn't give Mack & co to match the offer. that's why Walters said they will match as long as Henoc/agent will give them the chance.

agree it's Carr/agent fault, they didn't give Mack & co to match the offer. that's why Walters said they will match as long as Henoc/agent will give them the chance.

How'd that whole scenario work out for Carr?  Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Calgary... and now hanging out with all of you, me and Terrence Jeffers-Harris on the sidelines.

How'd that whole scenario work out for Carr?  Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Calgary... and now hanging out with all of you, me and Terrence Jeffers-Harris on the sidelines.

cant blame Carr to get the extra money. i understand that he has to support his family and his ill father (or mother not sure) at that time.

the only fault he made (or his agent) they didn't notify the bombers so they could counter-offer.

cant blame Carr to get the extra money. i understand that he has to support his family and his ill father (or mother not sure) at that time.

It was his mother who was in ICU at the time FA started. His father and grandmother died a few months earlier. 

Being a Patriots fan I'm ok if he makes it there.  Frankly I'm ok with any CFL player signing anywhere in the NFL.

What I'll be mad about is if he signs in Sask.

EEEEWWW that's DISGUSTING!  I shun thee Patriots fan...SHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

If I'm the RedBlack's GM, I would be drooling at  the chance to sign a ratio-busting all-star potential hall of fame MLB who is an unrestricted free agent. Come to think of it, pretty much all the CFL clubs would be. I expect heavy competition.

I think the REDBLACKS!!!!111!! would be more interested in signing players at more conventional NI positions just because it's easier to build depth there. Can find a MLB who can play and a backup for him anywhere in the states, if you invest big in a NI at that position you better have a decent guy behind him as a NI. 

If I'm the RedBlack's GM, I would be drooling at  the chance to sign a ratio-busting all-star potential hall of fame MLB who is an unrestricted free agent. Come to think of it, pretty much all the CFL clubs would be. I expect heavy competition.

I think the REDBLACKS!!!!111!! would be more interested in signing players at more conventional NI positions just because it's easier to build depth there. Can find a MLB who can play and a backup for him anywhere in the states, if you invest big in a NI at that position you better have a decent guy behind him as a NI. 

You mean like finding the backup that Joe Mack never did... and now left us completely screwed if Muamba leaves....?

Redblacks have Pottinger as backup...  plus they likely already have the roster fexibility not to be hooped if Muamba gets injured.

Muamba is the best NI heading to free agency - every team will have a look...

You mean like finding the backup that Joe Mack never did... and now left us completely screwed if Muamba leaves....?

Redblacks have Pottinger as backup...  plus they likely already have the roster fexibility not to be hooped if Muamba gets injured.

This is the most ridiculous argument I ever see made against Joe Mack.

If Muamba leaves, you don't insert a replacement at MLB. You change your ratio.

You think if Cornish left Calgary, Walter takes over? If Harris leaves BC, who takes over there -- Stu Foord? Shologan just left Saskatchewan and they didn't protect his backup. Why? You juggle the ratio.

This is the most ridiculous argument I ever see made against Joe Mack.

If Muamba leaves, you don't insert a replacement at MLB. You change your ratio.

You think if Cornish left Calgary, Walter takes over? If Harris leaves BC, who takes over there -- Stu Foord? Shologan just left Saskatchewan and they didn't protect his backup. Why? You juggle the ratio.

Well, duh.

But it is a perfectly reasonable response to... 'Ottawa won't want Muamba because they don't have a backup...;

Everybody wants Muamba.

We had a pretty good backup in Labbe

Every team in the CFL will have an offer sheet in front of Henoc if he is an unsigned FA in February who is not NFL bound. Even B.C. They may like Bighill but I guarantee they would still go after Henoc. There isn't a team in the league with the exception of whoever has Emry that wouldn't like a high level NI ratio busting MLB. The level of commitment they show to the pursuit is the difference imo.

The team that worries me most in competition for him is the Riders. They are likely losing Butler, have an aging, injured vet at MLB that they may not want anymore, and a GM with a history of overpaying if necessary. I will suggest that they may be our direct competition for HM if there is a bidding war for him.

GCn11, you mention Bighill but there is also Elimimian in BC as well. Where would Henoc line up there?

Plus teams are still basing their budgets on the 2013 cap so that could affect whether some teams can offer the big bucks. The Riders could be in a tough position to make an offer especially if the rumours are true about their cap situation.