Bombers plan to hire QB coach

gbill2004

Two of the names that have recently come into focus ... current Hamilton DC Orlondo Steinauer and current Hamilton DL coach Dennis McPhee.

EDIT: for DC, I meant.

Love the fresh names.  Etch would have been a terrible hire IMO... he's run his course.  Marshall I'd take a wait-and-see with, because he might bring some fresh ideas gleaned from improving his craft following his failed HC stint.  Kavis... don't hate him as much as many do.  He's the rah-rah, in-your-face style of guy that Burke and Marshall aren't.  Think that has value in the right places.

Overall though, think I'd prefer an up-and-coming coach to a retread.  Helps in creating a winning culture.

I will say this about Kavis Reed ... if he can coach in an environment where he doesn't have to be THE loud guy, THE noticeable one that wears his emotions on his sleeve ... he might just impress.

And I think that Winnipeg is going to be that type of environment. Kavis struggles with motivating. But he's a good coach.

I will say this about Kavis Reed ... if he can coach in an environment where he doesn't have to be THE loud guy, THE noticeable one that wears his emotions on his sleeve ... he might just impress.

And I think that Winnipeg is going to be that type of environment. Kavis struggles with motivating. But he's a good coach.

You may be right but based on my observations being around the eskiblows far to much is he'd consider that a strength of his.

Buck's not ready.

He hasn't reached  that point in his mind where he recognizes when his mind/body is telling him to do one thing and where the other half of his mind/body is saying - no way, duck, go down.

Can he get over that? Maybe, but IMO he's definitely not ready to coach because that decision has to felt wholeheartedly, not half-assed.

Bravo to the idea of QB coach though and we already we are ahead of last year when we do this.