Bombers plan to hire QB coach

gbill2004

Why would we want buck as a qb coach???? Only because he has roots here that's a horrible reason to hire a guy.

Is it because of his stellar play with the Blue.....????

Is it his style which only worked when he would scramble and make a play on the fly with his legs???

Is it because he looked focus on the sidelines when he played and that he never appeared to be dazed or spaced out???

I see zero reason for him to be qb coach.

I'd rather they bring in a guy who with a good reputation for game planning and good with his x and o's and someone who could mentor.

Why would we want buck as a qb coach???? Only because he has roots here that's a horrible reason to hire a guy.

Is it his style which only worked when he would scramble and make a play on the fly with his legs???

Is it because he looked focus on the sidelines when he played and that he never appeared to be dazed or spaced out???

I'd rather they bring in a guy who with a good reputation for game planning and good with his x and o's and someone who could mentor.

Funny, I never saw that ... it's a helmet Buck ...  ;)

buckz1.jpg

buckz1.jpg

I really don't find that a funny picture. That's scary & sad. I worry for Buck's health as well as his family when he's my age in his late 50's. I really wish he'd retire.

buckz1.jpg

I really don't find that a funny picture. That's scary & sad. I worry for Buck's health as well as his family when he's my age in his late 50's. I really wish he'd retire.

Talk about a lot of assumptions being made (not just you iso). There's no indication as to when (during/after the game) that picture was taken.  It's more likely a picture of him upset after losing in the Grey Cup rather than an injury.

Certainly this forum has become very negative and, at times, mean spirited.

Why? Because posters don't want a less-than stellar former QB to be our QB coach just because he's a good guy and pays a mortgage in WPG?

Did I say this thread had become negative? No the forum has. Maybe because there is so little happening right now. But when the talk is football and it's respectful this is the best forum there is.

And because Khari threw a lot of TDs it makes him better qualified to be a coach? What a ridiculous assumption. Often individuals of a lesser skill level have had to work harder in other aspects of the game to be successful. Be it game planning, film work or physical preparation. It also serves no purpose to hire a QB coach just to say we have the same number of coaches on staff as everyone else. Another ridiculous assumption. It is about quality, knowledgable coaches not quantity.

Certainly this forum has become very negative and, at times, mean spirited.

There is nothing mean-spirited or even negative about caring and having an opinion about who your team tabs to coach the most important position on its roster.

Nope I didn't say there was. But there are people who are very personal and insulting when discussing players and/of coaches on here. It's just needed.

Lmao.. So with people telling you its an old picture from one of his best seasons, your still clinging to the "his brain is teh cat fud!" scenario...

I honestly dont know who is more like a dog with a bone when their point is shown to be wrong, you or 17to85..

A dejected look is what i see here.. Not one of "whered i leave my fruit loops.."

SPuDs, the point is we all know that Buck's been hurt multiple times including head trauma. That he plays but he doesn't do with the football the things he used to do because of it. I am concerned about a fellow human being. A guy who sacrificed physically trying to win us games. Yes, the guy was hurt a lot & that set us back but you can't say Buck didn't give everything he could give for the Bombers when he was out on the field. He did. That's all.

Lmao.. So with people telling you its an old picture from one of his best seasons, your still clinging to the "his brain is teh cat fud!" scenario...

I honestly dont know who is more like a dog with a bone when their point is shown to be wrong, you or 17to85..

A dejected look is what i see here.. Not one of "whered i leave my fruit loops.."

As if I've ever had a point proven wrong. 

The saddest thing is you truly believe that.. ;)

There was some positive comments about Buck when he was basically assisting Crowton. I believe it was said he's got a future as a coach. He also said he sees himself coaching one day.

I'm not sure he's ready to retire and if he keeps playing I wish nothing but success and good health for him. As a person of rather he retire and not risk further brain trauma. But he's a good guy, a good QB.

The saddest thing is you truly believe that.. ;)

Because it's true. 

There was some positive comments about Buck when he was basically assisting Crowton. I believe it was said he's got a future as a coach. He also said he sees himself coaching one day.

I'm not sure he's ready to retire and if he keeps playing I wish nothing but success and good health for him. As a person of rather he retire and not risk further brain trauma. But he's a good guy, a good QB.

What were they going to say Buck is injury proned and isn't of any use in the booth with Crowton?