Kyle Walters Expansion Draft Presser

Jpan85

If we consider the moves by what was an interim GM, we can all agree that these were not moves made to awe the fan base but rather, taken as a whole, moves made to slightly turn the roster into more of a usable roster for the now and maybe for the future. To make it more NI friendly and deeper. No where near "for sure" starters but better replacements, as it were.

Parenteau to replace Woodson.

Foster (NI) to displace Pierce.

Neufeld as a move to gain something from losing Hall and just maybe a solid roster player.

Fans were actually shocked to see trades.

Then, some scouting additions were made and seemingly, good ones.

A dynamic Head Coach is hired.

A plan is being followed.

All these moves made the fan-o-meter fluctuate, mostly because GM moves have been rare.

So, for now, give this dog a bone.

No one is going to give out any awards yet, and it will be quite some time before we can figure out what the team is all about.

But for now let the fan-o-meter dance.

Lord knows it's been awhile since it's been used.

Amen to that!

I don't think anyone is saying he will be the next great one just yet, but if he turns out to be average it will be a huge upgrade over what we had.

So thinking he will be average at least brings hope.   Can't speak on the whole IjWT thing, never a fan.  We went from o.k., to bad, to horrid, to OMG under his watch. 

I am not even counting that as Bomber Football anymore.   Except the Banjo Bowl 2013, that was a party.  And the griller likes to party!            

Some revealing comments on Swiston and his reoccurring injuries.

After listening, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Swiston wasn't protected.

My thought as well. I've been thinking they protected Henoc, Watson, Greaves, Neufeld, Pencer and Swiston but now suspect it may have been Kolhert instead of Swiston.

People were just as sure that Mack was on the right track in the first couple of years. Remember IMWT?  Lets see what Walters can do before we pass judgement or assume that he will be the next great CFL GM.

Well in fairness he was on the right track,  didn't blow money on aging vets and tried to rebuild the canadian content and kept the draft picks.     

His downfall was keeping Buck around to long,  hiring the wrong OC's,  not fixing a broken o-line......  all critical errors.   

We might want to wait a little longer then August.  Like August 2015.  The Taman/Ritchie rebuild didn't really kick into success until late in the 2000 season.  A full season and a half after they took over.  

It will take a while to restock these shelves and then see it all gel IMO.  

Not sure if I'm totally on board with waiting for FA for a quarterback... Sure would be nice to have our guy in place before we go after free agents - what kind of D talent is going to want to come here if they feel like they'll have to play three quarters of the game...

It will take a while to restock these shelves and then see it all gel IMO.  

I don't think the team is as talent devoid as it was after Reinbold. I think with good coaching there will be a lot of people surprised. Gotta remember just how little Burke got out of everyone. Even Lapolice got a ton more out of guys than Burke did. 

Some revealing comments on Swiston and his reoccurring injuries.

After listening, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Swiston wasn't protected.

My thought as well. I've been thinking they protected Henoc, Watson, Greaves, Neufeld, Pencer and Swiston but now suspect it may have been Kolhert instead of Swiston.

Precisely what I was thinking as well.

Been there. The team players he brought in were immediate upgrades over the ones Mack had in previously.

You mean guys like Foster? Gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. What other moves were there? The Neufeld trade? Well why don't we wait to see the guy play before we judge that one?  There is really very little to go on for the guy at this point, it will be determined when they play some games next year. 

I still think the Foster for Buck trade was a good one... even if Foster ends up being a complete bust we weren't going back to Buck and it completely eliminates any chance of going back again this year.

Ripping the bandaid

Been there. The team players he brought in were immediate upgrades over the ones Mack had in previously.

You mean guys like Foster? Gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. What other moves were there? The Neufeld trade? Well why don't we wait to see the guy play before we judge that one?  There is really very little to go on for the guy at this point, it will be determined when they play some games next year. 

I still think the Foster for Buck trade was a good one... even if Foster ends up being a complete bust we weren't going back to Buck and it completely eliminates any chance of going back again this year.

Ripping the bandaid

oh yeah it was a trade just to get something for a guy you didn't want, but it's still a nothing trade and foster didn't exactly impress here. 

People were just as sure that Mack was on the right track in the first couple of years. Remember IMWT?  Lets see what Walters can do before we pass judgement or assume that he will be the next great CFL GM.

Mack will always get credit from me for picking Muamba when almost everyone believed he should've went with Mitchell.

Mack will always get credit from me for picking Muamba when almost everyone believed he should've went with Mitchell.

As a friendly reminder, I was the first guy to pump Muamba's tires... I wanted Edem too.  And Coehoorn.

Just sayin'...  I would have protected Kohlert.

People were just as sure that Mack was on the right track in the first couple of years. Remember IMWT? Lets see what Walters can do before we pass judgement or assume that he will be the next great CFL GM.

As a friendly reminder, I was the first guy to pump Muamba's tires... I wanted Edem too. And Coehoorn.

Just sayin'... I would have protected Kohlert.

Yup, nothing more pretentious then just having to pump yer own tires..

As a friendly reminder, I was the first guy to pump Muamba's tires... I wanted Edem too.  And Coehoorn.

Just sayin'...  I would have protected Kohlert.

Everything you say is based off of what analysts have written so I have no idea how you could claim to be the first.