Kyle Walters Expansion Draft Presser

Jpan85

We're in very good hands. It was evident when he took over in August he had a VERY good grasp on things, and it's more evident now.

I'd give it a few more moves before you say he's got a very good grasp on things.  Not saying he doesn't, but let's see how things shake out a bit, eh?  He is saying all the right things. 

Give me ONE move he's made since mack was fired that was bad.

we won't know that until they actually play some games though. 

I like it too, but isn't that exactly the same thing that Doug Berry got raked over the coals on these forums for a few years back?

Except if Walters gets angry he'll be shielded from the cameras on the sidelines unlike Berry was. That's what turned a lot of fans against Doug. He was explosive on the bench. Got tired of seeing that constantly from a HC. Coach the players up not to make mistakes. Don't ratch out all the time.

Yeah, watching Berry lose his cool was uncomfortable to watch, especially when it looked like the person he was "coaching" was actually being bullied.

It would have been more interesting to see Berry try that on, say, Chris Walby.

But I don't think you're going to see the same thing from watching a 'boiling' Walters.

I think it's just his hair that gets messed up.

Been there. The team players he brought in were immediate upgrades over the ones Mack had in previously.

BS.  Granted he brought in a couple of semi decent receivers, but the rest so far haven't shown me diddly so far, including a dud QB, a gimped NI OLman...and was he responsible for our crappy kicker or was that Mack.  I can't remember.

I don't know why you guys are harping on Robyn and IC Khari.  They're just stating that we won't know what kind of GM he'll be until August, and that's the truth.  You guys were the same ones that said there was nothing wrong with Mack and that all the Mack hate wasn't justified earlier this year, and the same ones who said "oh you can't say Burke is bad when he took over in the middle of the year like he did blah blah" back in 2012.  As if any of you know what this guy is going to be like any more then we do.  We all like him so far and what he's saying, and hope he's good.  But no one knows if he's going to **** it up or make us into a winning team just yet.

Geez, stop crucifying people here and acting like they said "this guy was utter **** and OMGZORZ HE'S THE AWFUL!!!111!ONE!!!!"

Been there. The team players he brought in were immediate upgrades over the ones Mack had in previously.

BS.  Granted he brought in a couple of semi decent receivers, but the rest so far haven't shown me diddly so far, including a dud QB, a gimped NI OLman...and was he responsible for our crappy kicker or was that Mack.  I can't remember.

I don't know why you guys are harping on Robyn and IC Khari.  They're just stating that we won't know what kind of GM he'll be until August, and that's the truth.  You guys were the same ones that said there was nothing wrong with Mack and that all the Mack hate wasn't justified earlier this year, and the same ones who said "oh you can't say Burke is bad when he took over in the middle of the year like he did blah blah" back in 2012.  As if any of you know what this guy is going to be like any more then we do.  We all like him so far and what he's saying, and hope he's good.  But no one knows if he's going to **** it up or make us into a winning team just yet.

Geez, stop crucifying people here and acting like they said "this guy was utter **** and OMGZORZ HE'S THE AWFUL!!!111!ONE!!!!"

Oh chill out! This was a good positive thread for a change until the glass half empty folks showed up. Of course no one really knows, many of us just like what we see so far....period!

Oh chill out! This was a good positive thread for a change until the glass half empty folks showed up. Of course no one really knows, many of us just like what we see so far....period!

I don't know why you guys are harping on Robyn and IC Khari.  They're just stating that we won't know what kind of GM he'll be until August, and that's the truth.  You guys were the same ones that said there was nothing wrong with Mack and that all the Mack hate wasn't justified earlier this year, and the same ones who said "oh you can't say Burke is bad when he took over in the middle of the year like he did blah blah" back in 2012. As if any of you know what this guy is going to be like any more then we do.  We all like him so far and what he's saying, and hope he's good.  But no one knows if he's going to **** it up or make us into a winning team just yet.

I could be wrong but I don't think Iso was in that group. ;)

You chill out.  No one said anything about not supporting him, just that there's no proof that he's going to make a difference.  And they have every right after the years of crap we've been dealt with.  In any case, we're all still behind the guy and hoping he does well.  But people are taking what was said out of context and making it into a negative comment.

Berry has had success everywhere he has gone aside from Darian Durant crying liek a baby.    The guy is a good OC... not head coach material.    

Walters is saying the right stuff,   now if he can get a qb and actually address issues when they are presented (such as being weak in certain positions) then he will do much better then Mack.

You mean guys like Foster? Gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. What other moves were there? The Neufeld trade? Well why don't we wait to see the guy play before we judge that one?  There is really very little to go on for the guy at this point, it will be determined when they play some games next year. 

Exactly. I have liked what I've seen since Walters became permanent GM. The scouting dept is a major upgrade. He deserves a chance. I mean, he's been on the job permanently for just 2 weeks.

You mean guys like Foster? Gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. What other moves were there? The Neufeld trade? Well why don't we wait to see the guy play before we judge that one?  There is really very little to go on for the guy at this point, it will be determined when they play some games next year. 

And what other moves would you have made with the season still in progress?

Judge Walters in August, not December. So far so good, yes. Lets see who we get to QB and how active we are in Free Agency. 

As for comparisons to Berry, what Doug said was, on day one of TC: "Some of you guys are here not because you're the best, but cause you're affordable."

While I get thats similar to what Walters is saying, its kind of a lame thing to say from a team building perspective.

Still would take Doug to OC.  

Not the point, point is that there hasn't been enough for us to judge yet so we gotta hold off until there's enough to actually judge. 

Not the point, point is that there hasn't been enough for us to judge yet so we gotta hold off until there's enough to actually judge. 

Ahhh...no premature judging....but but..I really want to judge now....I might be wrong and that would be the worst thing ever! you still didn't answer the question...

If we consider the moves by what was an interim GM, we can all agree that these were not moves made to awe the fan base but rather, taken as a whole, moves made to slightly turn the roster into more of a usable roster for the now and maybe for the future. To make it more NI friendly and deeper. No where near "for sure" starters but better replacements, as it were.

Parenteau to replace Woodson.

Foster (NI) to displace Pierce.

Neufeld as a move to gain something from losing Hall and just maybe a solid roster player.

Fans were actually shocked to see trades.

Then, some scouting additions were made and seemingly, good ones.

A dynamic Head Coach is hired.

A plan is being followed.

All these moves made the fan-o-meter fluctuate, mostly because GM moves have been rare.

So, for now, give this dog a bone.

No one is going to give out any awards yet, and it will be quite some time before we can figure out what the team is all about.

But for now let the fan-o-meter dance.

Lord knows it's been awhile since it's been used.

Ahhh...no premature judging....but but..I really want to judge now....I might be wrong and that would be the worst thing ever! you still didn't answer the question...

cause the question is absolutely ridiculous. Foster for Pierce was just a move to dump the guy but Foster didn't do **** while here so it's a total nothing trade, we can't judge the Hall trade cause the guy they got in return hasn't played a down, the Parenteau trade the guy got hurt right away so it's another nothing trade at this point. What is there to judge? Absolutely nothing. We don't know how good this new staff is because they haven't had a chance to recruit anyone or coach anyone. 

You want questions answered then ask questions that actually have answers. 

Is there an "I'm happy so far with Walters and even pleasantly surprised camp"?

I like who he hired as a head coach.

I like the two AGMs who were hired and the improved front office.

I see how Woodson for Parenteau was a good deal except Parenteau got hurt.

I see the potential of Neufeld and how if he can play RT its a steal.

Is there an "I'm happy so far with Walters and even pleasantly surprised camp"?

I like who he hired as a head coach.

I like the two AGMs who were hired and the improved front office.

I see how Woodson for Parenteau was a good deal except Parenteau got hurt.

I see the potential of Neufeld and how if he can play RT its a steal.

I think most of us here are in this camp.  The only thing some of us were saying is that we can't really judge whether he was a good move or not until the season starts.  But yeah, so far I've liked what I've seen with what staff he's hired for HC and assistant GM's.