Kyle Walters officially named GM of Blue Bombers

voodoochylde

Winnipeg Blue Bombers President and CEO Wade Miller announced today that Kyle Walters has been named General Manager.

“Kyle is a strong leader with a wealth of knowledge of the Canadian Football League. His professionalism and great desire to win make him exactly what this organization needs in its next General Manager, said Miller.”

“This is a great honour to represent fans across the Province as the General Manager of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers,” said Walters. “This franchise is embedded in our community and I’m very excited to steer us in the right direction moving forward.”

Since August, Walters has been aggressive in creating positive change in football operations, both through trades and signing free agents, something he says will continue into the winter.

“No stone will go unturned, in any regard, in making this team better,” said Walters, who lives in Winnipeg year-round. “My goal for this team is to be competitive on a weekly basis, make the playoffs and be an annual contender.”

Walters took over as the Acting General Manager on August 13, 2013. Prior to that, he served as Assistant General Manager and Director of Canadian Scouting with the Blue Bombers. In total, Walters has 12 seasons of CFL experience as a player, coach and Assistant General Manager.

He played seven seasons in the Canadian Football League with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and won a Grey Cup championship with the team in 1999.

At least Walters is "all-in" on the team, given that he lives here and this is really going to be make-or-break for him... if he fails here I doubt he gets another GM shot elsewhere... at least not for a long time.  Obviously hoping this works out but I still have my doubts...