GDT: 101st Grey Cup

Jacquie

I'm happy for the ex bombers on that team like Taman and KJ and the others (except Labatte, **** that guy) and I'm happy for the diehard rider fans who have been there all along but to hell with all the bandwagon jumpers who started crawling out of the woodwork circa 2003 when TSN started this whole campaign about the best fans ever!!!1!! those people can go to hell. 

Glad the Riders won.  Hope the cats don't make it back to the Grey Cup game for another 14 years.  Henry proves he can't win in the cold again.  Surprise, surprise.  Which is why he will never be considered one of all-time greats (top 10 QBs).

Austin or the Offensive coordinator called a horrible first half.  Ran the ball twice.  How stupid is that?

There's the fair weather burris. it's cold and there's adversity, better pack it in. 

His inability to beat the Riders in the playoffs must just eat him alive.

He threw for more yards than Durant...the running game was the true difference.

Well 60 or so of those yards were in garbage time.  He was also horribly inaccurate and turned the ball over 2 times.  Burris sucks once the temperature goes below zero.

There's the fair weather burris. it's cold and there's adversity, better pack it in. 

His inability to beat the Riders in the playoffs must just eat him alive.

He threw for more yards than Durant...the running game was the true difference.

Burris completing about 40% of his passes sure didn't help either.

That was one hellacious halftime show with Hedley playing tunes & snowmobiles flying in the air behind them. That had to be one of the biggest WTF moments in the 101 years of Grey Cup entertainment history. That it made no sense means nothing as much as having Hedley play the halftime show. Memo to Mark Cohon as he sat yawning beside our Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Hey Commish, the CFL doesn't cater to 12 year old girls unless you sic Eric Tillman after them so quit hiring these **** teeny bop girly boy bands at halftime. As I watched the snowmobiles hurtle thru space, I was hoping they'd try a combine for that jump for a few laughs but aw shucks, they disappointed me.... ;) What was Jennifer Hedger on when she introduced Hedley anyway???  

That was one hellacious halftime show with Hedley playing tunes & snowmobiles flying in the air behind them. That had to be one of the biggest WTF moments in the 101 years of Grey Cup entertainment history. That it made no sense means nothing as much as having Hedley play the halftime show. Memo to Mark Cohon as he sat yawning beside our Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Hey Commish, the CFL doesn't cater to 12 year old girls unless you sic Eric Tillman after them so quit hiring these **** teeny bop girly boy bands at halftime. As I watched the snowmobiles hurtle thru space, I was hoping they'd try a combine for that jump for a few laughs but aw shucks, they disappointed me.... ;) What was Jennifer Hedger on when she introduced Hedley anyway???  

I actually enjoyed his music.  It wasn't flashy but I enjoyed listening.  The snowmobiles were cool too.

No surprise you'd hate the halftime show seen as how you pretty much seem to hate everything.

That being said, the halftime show isn't meant to cater to people already at the game or watching the game on TV. They're already watching, it's not meant as a "bonus" for them. The halftime show IS to cater to, as you put it, the 12 year old girl demographic. Get TV sets that wouldn't normally tune in to switch the channel. Up the ratings, up the ad revenue, it's that simple. And as much as I can't stand Hedley, I'll take them over outdated acts like BTO mumbling out lyrics nobody can understand.

No surprise you'd hate the halftime show seen as how you pretty much seem to hate everything.

That being said, the halftime show isn't meant to cater to people already at the game or watching the game on TV. They're already watching, it's not meant as a "bonus" for them. The halftime show IS to cater to, as you put it, the 12 year old girl demographic. Get TV sets that wouldn't normally tune in to switch the channel. Up the ratings, up the ad revenue, it's that simple. And as much as I can't stand Hedley, I'll take them over outdated acts like BTO mumbling out lyrics nobody can understand.

I understand the idea of trying to get eyeballs on the tv that wouldn't normally be there but I'm going to take great exception to the idea you'd take these guys over the outdated acts... Those acts have staying power for a reason and their songs popularity span across generations. In summary damn kids todays

No surprise you'd pick out something as ridiculous as this to criticize me for. You can be an ass just like everybody else even though you claim you aren't.

I understand the idea of trying to get eyeballs on the tv that wouldn't normally be there but I'm going to take great exception to the idea you'd take these guys over the outdated acts... Those acts have staying power for a reason and their songs popularity span across generations. In summary damn kids todays

Musically? No, I wouldn't.

In a live setting? Some of those acts just don't have the chops to produce a quality live performance anymore.

No surprise you'd pick out something as ridiculous as this to criticize me for. You can be an ass just like everybody else even though you claim you aren't.

In a single post, you called something "one of the biggest WTF moments in a century", made a joke about sexual abuse against children and suggested Jennifer Hedger was "on something" during the halftime show.

Speaking of ridiculous. ;)

Hey Mike, my comments were meant to be a tongue & cheek fun poke at the halftime show based mostly on twitter comments I read going on at the time. Nothing else. It was supposed to be all in fun. Only you seem to criticize whatever I say. Now I can't even make a comment about the GC  halftime show without you showing to do nothing but criticize. From the tweets I read, not a lot of people liked the halftime show... football fans & media types. Then again, not a lot of people like halftime shows nowadays anyway... be it the GC or SB. Why you have to take what I say so seriously all the time, I don't know.

In a single post, you called something "one of the biggest WTF moments in a century", made a joke about sexual abuse against children and suggested Jennifer Hedger was "on something" during the halftime show.

Speaking of ridiculous. ;)

Yeah, so what??? It's a HALFTIME show!! Who gives a **** what I called it??? Chill out,man. You're actually serious????