GDT: 101st Grey Cup

Jacquie

That was one hellacious halftime show with Hedley playing tunes & snowmobiles flying in the air behind them. That had to be one of the biggest WTF moments in the 101 years of Grey Cup entertainment history. That it made no sense means nothing as much as having Hedley play the halftime show. Memo to Mark Cohon as he sat yawning beside our Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Hey Commish, the CFL doesn't cater to 12 year old girls unless you sic Eric Tillman after them so quit hiring these **** teeny bop girly boy bands at halftime. As I watched the snowmobiles hurtle thru space, I was hoping they'd try a combine for that jump for a few laughs but aw shucks, they disappointed me.... ;) What was Jennifer Hedger on when she introduced Hedley anyway???  

No surprise you'd hate the halftime show seen as how you pretty much seem to hate everything.

That being said, the halftime show isn't meant to cater to people already at the game or watching the game on TV. They're already watching, it's not meant as a "bonus" for them. The halftime show IS to cater to, as you put it, the 12 year old girl demographic. Get TV sets that wouldn't normally tune in to switch the channel. Up the ratings, up the ad revenue, it's that simple. And as much as I can't stand Hedley, I'll take them over outdated acts like BTO mumbling out lyrics nobody can understand.

No surprise you'd pick out something as ridiculous as this to criticize me for. You can be an ass just like everybody else even though you claim you aren't.

In a single post, you called something "one of the biggest WTF moments in a century", made a joke about sexual abuse against children and suggested Jennifer Hedger was "on something" during the halftime show.

Speaking of ridiculous. ;)

Yeah, so what??? It's a HALFTIME show!! Who gives a **** what I called it??? Chill out,man. You're actually serious???? 

man you guys make me and Tburg look like old friends.  Yikes.  Give it a rest.  We've got six months now to think up things to talk about, and I already know most of them are going to be about finding new ways to describe how much the 2014 Bombers are probably going to suck almost as bad as the 2013 version.

Best half time show in recent memory was BTO, and it not even close. "Don't have the chops..." Get ******.

I subletted an apartment from Randy Turner about 13 years ago. Thought everyone would want to know that. The messy bastard left guitar picks on the closet floor.

Other than Dan Hill & Celine Dion, Shania Twain is probably the best one they've had. The idea of a halftime show is to get new viewers to watch, & old farts like BTO aren't going to bring new viewers in. In that respect, the Biebs was a pretty good pull last year.

Did we fail to mention the definitive Burris play of the game on that high snap, where Henry looked up and was saying whaaaat instead of going back after the ball to recover the ball?

that was awesome... it looked like he was asking the ref wtf happened, like its his fault his centre snapped the ball..

I didn't know so many of TSN's marketing people were members here, impressive!

Seriously though, how many people acutally turn on halftime just to see the music? And if, some how some way, that number is more than I'd think, how many of those people say to themselves "OMG BFF I SO LIKE FRICKEN LOVE HEDLEY, IM GOING TO BE THE BIGGEST CFL FAN EVER FROM NOW ON!" If 12 yr old girls are the viewers they want, than don't even show the game and just play a Beiber DVD on a loop for 3.5 hrs.

From the celebration of the Nation of Saskatchewan pregame right on thru, the whole thing was pretty unwatchable.

I don't have a problem with getting popular acts. I just don't know Hedley and what I saw yesterday they seemed pretty crappy. The guy can sing but the songs just seemed rather pointless teeny songs.

I'm not a Beiber fan but he's huge so what can you do. I'd always advocate The Guess Who because Burton rocks live and they're a huge band.