Hefney Busted For Pot Possession Day Before Tc

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.  Burke's harped on discipline and accountability.  Hefney's math is starting to work against him: level of play decreased + goofing off + pot charge.  I said prior to this coming out that I'd be fine with cutting Hefney and now I'm even more in favour of the move.  And again, not just because of the pot charge but I'm sure the media will make that a nice talking point.

Medicinal use perhaps and with a prescription. This will become an issue with Canada Border Services regardless of what yo, or I or the Bombers think. Hopefully this sends a message to some other people. They know they are .......here and across the league.

Unfortunately one of the mitigating factors in these matters is how recent the infraction is. Border Services is less concerned after there has been a period of time after the offence without any other problems. Like it or not they equate time with demonstrating that you have been rehabilitated and become a model citizen. Hopefully they don't monitor Twitter.

I seem to remember a goalie in this town who did not report a DUI for two months. This will blow over (no pun intended)

haha yea thats the first thing that popped up in my mind as well.. If noel of all coaches can get past it.. I cant imagine burke not doing the same unless he uses this as his big pointy stick..

Is it a bit misleading to say he was busted when he was just given a ticket? Since he had such a small amount he'll likely have to pay a small fine and that will be it. It's a misdemeanor so it won't effect his entry into Canada.

exactly..  its peanuts.. small potatoes.  if he has to, his lawyer can get him across but really shouldn't even come to that..

Is it a bit misleading to say he was busted when he was just given a ticket? Since he had such a small amount he'll likely have to pay a small fine and that will be it. It's a misdemeanor so it won't effect his entry into Canada.

You don't know that. Basically up to each officer at the border. We all know there are nice ones & ones that ate a bowl full of nails for breakfast. 

haha yea thats the first thing that popped up in my mind as well.. If noel of all coaches can get past it.. I cant imagine burke not doing the same unless he uses this as his big pointy stick..

Well, drinking liquor isn't illegal. Getting drunk is. Smoking weed is an offense. Being caught with weed is an offense. It'll all depend on the conviction & how it affects his reentry. 

I think the main issue here is not so much that he got caught, especially given the amount and how much of the general population smokes, but moreso that he didn't tell the team on his own what happened.

and I agree.. Hef will need to explain himself and apologize to his team mates and the team i'm sure.. even if he uses the "its not my bag baby!" defense..

I think he will and he will be in blue n gold this season..

your missing the point though iso.  its not a felony. 

http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=19640

makes me think its a fine and a "dont do it again!" scenario..

and I agree.. Hef will need to explain himself and apologize to his team mates and the team i'm sure.. even if he uses the "its not my bag baby!" defense..

I think he will and he will be in blue n gold this season..

We will see, I guess.

We will see, I guess.

yea very true.. I mean, the bombers in the past have made some brash move my supporting people with less then stellar reps (abu-mechrek and Sellers come to mind) while allowing others to try and crack the roster (ontarrio smith) so I think unless burke is going to make a statement, this shouldn't be an issue..

would I be shocked if it went the other way?  No, Burkes trying to put his stamp on the team and set an example of zero tolerance..

From another time... as I said earlier, this brings back memories of Mack Herron & even Bernie Ruoff. Earl Lunsford was a no nonsense GM at the time & he made sure both were cut before their possession cases went to trial. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with both of them.