Hefney Busted For Pot Possession Day Before Tc

1. #Bombers say they're still gathering information, so they won't comment on Hefney's charge.

2. According to the Herald Online, Hefney has a court date on June 19 in Rock Hill, S.C. #Bombers

#Bombers DB Jonathan Hefney charged with marijuana possession in S.C. the day before he reported to training camp: report.

Here's the story:

Hefney, 28, and another passenger were pulled over by Rock Hill police at 1:20 a.m. after being observed traveling 47 mph in a 35 mph zone. The officer smelled marijuana when Hefney rolled down the window of his white Ford F-150, the report said. The officer searched both occupants and didn’t find marijuana, but a search of the truck discovered 6.2 grams of marijuana in the center console.

Hefney, who has played for the CFL’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers the last four years, was issued a ticket for first offense marijuana possession. His court date will be June 19 at 1 p.m., according to a court official.

Sounds like it's not a big deal.  And the CFL drug policy does not mention marijuana.

So of course this is going to blow up like crazy.

If you are naive enough to believe that is not a widespread issue in society let alone the CFL then have another toke .why do you think the CFLPA would not agree to texting for "recreational drugs". JH issue will now become is admissibility back into Canada if conflicted of a criminal offence, potential terms of parole and the quantity of the drugs.

If you are naive enough to believe that is not a widespread issue in society let alone the CFL then have another toke .why do you think the CFLPA would not agree to texting for "recreational drugs". JH issue will now become is admissibility back into Canada if conflicted of a criminal offence, potential terms of parole and the quantity of the drugs.

It's pretty widespread here in BC that's for sure.  Unbelievable how many losers people here in Kelowna get high all the time.  Maybe Hefney should be traded to the Lions, and then he can get on the BC bud.  At any rate, this isn't much of a surprise.  I'd be shocked if the entire DB corp wasn't getting lit on a regular basis. 

I certainly don't suggest you ignore this. It will be critical how the Club deals with this. This is perceived as another example of potential discipline issues. At some point a harder line has to be demonstrated and an example made. This after the judicial process is allowed to take its course and he does remain innocent until proven otherwise.

In 1980 kicker Bernie Ruoff was convicted of marijuana possession.  Blue Bombers didn't want Ruoff back and were going to trade him.....

Ruoff retired instead - only to come out of retirement a few months later and would end up with the Tiger-Cats......

So if it wasn't for marijuana, we'd never have hired Bob Cameron.

yeah Burke sounds pretty disappointed.  The biggest thing to me is that Hefney didn't disclose this arrest to the team.  Did he honestly think that the Bombers wouldn't find out?

And Burke and Mack did threaten the party guys.  And the DB's.  What message does it send if they don't do anything now?  

meh. possession of pot is a fine here.. and in most states I believe..  hef grew up in a culture that glorified it..  not to mention its pretty popular here as well..

its legal in a bunch of states already and wil probably be here soon as well..  if he was cut/traded cuz of this, I would be disappointed..

yeah Burke sounds pretty disappointed.  The biggest thing to me is that Hefney didn't disclose this arrest to the team.  Did he honestly think that the Bombers wouldn't find out?

that, is a bad thing yes..  Id be rid of Hefney for that before the actual weed incident.. gotta be upfront and honest.