Andrew Harris & Brendan LaBatte

BigBlue

We all know how we lost Labatte...

Parallel that Harris grew up a Winnipeger....  best, he has a girlfriend and a child here in River City anfd he lives here in the off season 

Harris is a FA Feb 15 and he won't be resigning in BC

He is mad as hell at the BC OC .... seems he insists on using a zone blocking scheme which is totally unsuitable for their type of o-linemen ... its why Harris' production is down so much this year

Now I am sure Andrew would like to test the NFL waters - - he is big enough and the fastest player on the BC club - - but how often does a Canadian RB make the NFL? Maybe he catches on as a punt/kick returner

If the Bomber brain trust is alert enough and willing to pay up, maybe we see Andrew Harris as a BB come July or September

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Atomic" data-cid="26510" data-time="1382693820"><p><p>Like?

Like Saskatchewan being able to sign Geroy Simon... like pretty much any team being able to be loaded with veterans and "superstars" and yet Winnipeg having the youngest and fewest superstars and somehow not being able to acquire free agents because they are "near" the cap. 

He hasn't been very good this year.

Which is why he's pissed that they're running a zone blocking scheme in BC and wants out. 

I shouldn't need to remind everyone that starting a non-import RB means we can start an extra import on either the OL, at receiver, or on defense.  It also means having a suitable NI backup at RB, but that a strategic advantage worth paying for.

Volny is certainly a capable NI backup, so that wouldn't be an issue IMO.

If he's willing to test free agency, we absolutely have to take a run at him! What a treat it would be for our (hopefully) new young QB to have a guy like Harris to dump to when the heat is on. (Plus, the local marketing side of things would be HUGE. Look at how many Harris supporters make it out wearing Lions jerseys in town!)

Not a huge Harris fan. He's a whiner and has only one good year under his belt. He may end up with a decent amount of rushing yards this year but it's 100% due to volume. I'd take him on the roster, especially over Cauchy as a starting NI but he will likely command more than he's worth. Especially considering the shelf life of RBs.

He hasn't been very good this year.

Which is why he's pissed that they're running a zone blocking scheme in BC and wants out. 

I shouldn't need to remind everyone that starting a non-import RB means we can start an extra import on either the OL, at receiver, or on defense.  It also means having a suitable NI backup at RB, but that a strategic advantage worth paying for.

They way things are going may be able to start 23 Canadians next years. ;)

Harris definitely is streaky... I haven't watched a tonne of Lions games... but quite a few of them I noticed they completely ignore him and keep him out of the gameplan which is weird.    Even the TSN panel brings up the fact that he only gets 5 touches and that instead of constantly dropping back and going deep that they should utilize him underneath which eventually will open up the other parts of the offense.  

I definitely think he's worth pursuing and throwing decent coin... it's not like he's a Lumsden who would always get hurt or a Bauman who never even had 1 great season and was given a huge pay day...

What I like about Harris is that he is very good at catching balls out of the back field. A skill that we have not had around here in a long time.

Anyone know if he's decent blocking out of the backfield.  If so it would be nice to have him on the field and Ford come on like Taylor does in Calgary and run the occasional sweep

I'd take Harris in a heartbeat.  He is a good starting NI and we NEED better starting NI's.  The fact that he is from Winnipeg would probably sell tickets and we need to sell tickets, especially after this season.  The fact that he's had an off year, would help in contract negotiations, so he might not even be a huge cap hit.  Even if he is, he'd be worth it IMHO.