Andrew Harris & Brendan LaBatte

BigBlue

Not a huge Harris fan. He's a whiner and has only one good year under his belt. He may end up with a decent amount of rushing yards this year but it's 100% due to volume. I'd take him on the roster, especially over Cauchy as a starting NI but he will likely command more than he's worth. Especially considering the shelf life of RBs.

I don't think the shelf life of RBs should even be an issue. We aren't signing him to a 10 year guaranteed contract.

I think you absolutely go after Harris. And you pay him the top dollar he commands. After QB, he should absolutely be our #1 target if he makes it to free agency. And I think he's a solid level below Cornish. In fact, I think the gap between him and Durie is smaller than the gap between him and Cornish. That doesn't mean he's not an elite-level NI talent. And we need those. The best offences in the CFL the last half-decade all feature at least one solid receiving threat out of the backfield, and he fills that role quite well.

Not a huge Harris fan. He's a whiner and has only one good year under his belt. He may end up with a decent amount of rushing yards this year but it's 100% due to volume. I'd take him on the roster, especially over Cauchy as a starting NI but he will likely command more than he's worth. Especially considering the shelf life of RBs.

I don't think the shelf life of RBs should even be an issue. We aren't signing him to a 10 year guaranteed contract.

I think you absolutely go after Harris. And you pay him the top dollar he commands. After QB, he should absolutely be our #1 target if he makes it to free agency. And I think he's a solid level below Cornish. In fact, I think the gap between him and Durie is smaller than the gap between him and Cornish. That doesn't mean he's not an elite-level NI talent. And we need those. The best offences in the CFL the last half-decade all feature at least one solid receiving threat out of the backfield, and he fills that role quite well.

He'd be better in Durie's role as a slot with occasional backfield responsibilities IMO.  That's what Wally was grooming him for.

The shelf life becomes an issue when you go from lights out one year to meh the next year, as it doesn't usually bode well for the rest of your career.

Well yeah, that goes without saying. But the Bombers wouldn't be on the hook salary wise if he didn't work out, and RB is one of the easiest positions to backfill with an I if he didn't work out.

BTW, the difference between "lights out" and "meh" is apparently 10.5 yards and 10.1 yards receiving a game, with rush/rec averages down 1.1 and 1.2 yards per, and a difference of one less touchdown every ten games. On a team averaging 30 yards less in rushing and 53 yards less in passing per game vs 2012. So yeah, he's completely fallen off a cliff talent-wise.

The lack of a local flavor on the team is just another sign of how out of touch management was with the fans, let's hope this gets corrected going forward.

yeah cause they're sooooooooo many local players league wide right? 

Well, look at the stir Carter caused.......how many there are isn't the point, not having even one is.

The shelf life becomes an issue when you go from lights out one year to meh the next year, as it doesn't usually bode well for the rest of your career.

Well yeah, that goes without saying. But the Bombers wouldn't be on the hook salary wise if he didn't work out, and RB is one of the easiest positions to backfill with an I if he didn't work out.

BTW, the difference between "lights out" and "meh" is apparently 10.5 yards and 10.1 yards receiving a game, with rush/rec averages down 1.1 and 1.2 yards per, and a difference of one less touchdown every ten games. On a team averaging 30 yards less in rushing and 53 yards less in passing per game vs 2012. So yeah, he's completely fallen off a cliff talent-wise.

umm, 4.8 yards per rush is lousy in the CFL in the current era and yeah 1.1 yards per rush is a pretty decrease in production percentage wise when you're only talking 5-6 yard averages.... More importantly, it's not his stats that i look at, it's actualyl watching him, he doesn't look near as explosive.

umm, 4.8 yards per rush is lousy in the CFL in the current era and yeah 1.1 yards per rush is a pretty decrease in production percentage wise when you're only talking 5-6 yard averages.... More importantly, it's not his stats that i look at, it's actualyl watching him, he doesn't look near as explosive.

The point is his decline, when factored against the decline of the entire BC offence, is not as steep. Which spoke to his unhappiness in BC and why his name is even up for discussion in FA. And he's the only player this season on pace to have 1000 rush/500 rec yards. If he rushes for 1000 this year, him and Cornish will be the third and fourth Canadians to do it more than once. Worst case scenario, we pay him a ton of money, he doesn't work out (a la Sean Millington), and we replace him with an I. Best case scenario, we have a ratio breaker for the next half-decade who consistently churns out 900/400 for us while being a matchup nightmare when paired up with our mobile starting QB.

No problem brining him in, just as long as we still look just as hard for top quality imports at his position, we have a tendency of settlign on players whether they deserve it or not. My issue with him is he started the year so slow that I really doubt he trained as hard as he should of in the off season.

No problem brining him in, just as long as we still look just as hard for top quality imports at his position, we have a tendency of settlign on players whether they deserve it or not. My issue with him is he started the year so slow that I really doubt he trained as hard as he should of in the off season.

Wholeheartedly agree. The best scenario would be to have a solid import (Will Ford at worst) sharing the backfield. Makes him especially dangerous when you don't know which back is getting it, or if Harris is flaring out for a swing pass. Someone else said it earlier, but if he can be a better Andre Durie for us, he's worth the price tag,

Finding truly elite runningbacks is not easy at all,if it was every freaking team would have one, right now onlw sask and calgary have that. 2 out of 8 teams...

yet every team has a guy who can carry the rock well enough to win... many teams have more than one. Finding the truly elite guys at any position is not easy, but finding guys who can play RB for ya effectively? Those are dime a dozen. 

Finding truly elite runningbacks is not easy at all,if it was every freaking team would have one, right now onlw sask and calgary have that. 2 out of 8 teams...

Kackert when healthy can be in that league. Does not get the carries because Ricky Ray is there.

Kackert when healthy can be in that league. Does not get the carries because Ricky Ray is there.

I don't think Ray is the reason - more the offensive mindset of the coaches. From what I recall the Argos didn't run the ball any differently with Collaros in than they did with Ray.