Bombers @ Argos - GDT

TrueBlue

Etienne in for Foster this week....

"Burke said the rest of his team was present and accounted for in Toronto on Wednesday afternoon. And that included receiver Jade Etienne, who wasn't expected to play this week but was spotted on the ground Wednesday and is now expected to replace non-import Akeem Foster in tonight's lineup."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/late-arriving-watson-still-expected-to-play-tonight-229053851.html

I'm a big fan of eternal optimism, while maintaining the ability to be critical. I will **** on this team when it's called for, but I'm always a fan and I'm always cheering. Sad as it may be, I'm not sure anything gives me as much joy in life as watching a Bomber win with a glass of rye in hand. Even a loss is still a Bomber game on TV....not much better!!

always, Always ALWAYS: Go Blue!!

A rare late season Thursday evening game.  

Where's bluto been lately?

It is odd to have a Thursday night game this late into the season.   Going to have to miss the game due to curling tonight.   Not sure if that is a blessing in disguise or not....

It is odd to have a Thursday night game this late into the season.   Going to have to miss the game due to curling tonight.   Not sure if that is a blessing in disguise or not....

good man. Curling you're allowed to miss football for. 

tumblr_msntovqGWy1rlbsvko1_500.gif

Maybe I'll tune in but with the Jets on at the same time ... gonna be a tough sell.

Not really sure what to root for at this point. I guess I'd like to see Max Hall show as well as possible, but other than that ... maybe a good outing from one of the new guys (McAdoo? Fannin?)

tumblr_msntovqGWy1rlbsvko1_500.gif

Maybe I'll tune in but with the Jets on at the same time ... gonna be a tough sell.

Not really sure what to root for at this point. I guess I'd like to see Max Hall show as well as possible, but other than that ... maybe a good outing from one of the new guys (McAdoo? Fannin?)

I'm sure I know what to root for: a Winnipeg sweep tonight. Here we go Bombers and Go Jets Go!

I'd just prefer that the fans in Winnipeg can comfortably watch the final home game of the year with that 2nd overall pick locked up. No sense winning games to cost ourselves draft position at this point.

I'd like to see a competitive game but like Mike I really want that 2nd overall pick.    Flames are playing tonight so I'll have to figure out what to do.   At least the Bomber game starts an hour earlier, so I can watch most of the first half before the Flames game even starts.   

Can't get on board with that play-not-to-win scenario.

Besides, we got that covered with our present HC.

the fact that we have this discussion in back to back years is disturbing...

but i agree, playing to not win shouldnt even be a consideration... i feel it goes against everything sports stand for.. honesty, fair play, play hard, etc etc..

hey man.

just sending some contracts in to my home office and then heading in to the city for dinner and warm up drinks.

edit: paperwork done early. have time to kill, will be playing GTAV until i leave (4ish)

I'd just prefer that the fans in Winnipeg can comfortably watch the final home game of the year with that 2nd overall pick locked up. No sense winning games to cost ourselves draft position at this point.

I'd prefer the win. I get what you're saying, but it's on management to make that pick work, regardless of if it's a 2nd or 3rd overall. 2nd overall picks historically have not done any better or any worse as a collective than 3rd overall picks. Well managed teams maximize picks, poorly run teams squander them. IMHO, there's always a sense to winning a game. That's why they go out on the field. I'm a fan first, second and third, and I'll let the one who collect a salary from the WFC worry about things like draft position. The heart always overrules the mind when it comes to the Bombers for me. Your reasoning for not wanting them to win makes 100% sense. I would rather they win today, even if it gets the third pick, and worry about the 2014 draft when it comes. Cause solid management drafts Andy Fantuz 3rd overall, and shitty management drafts Daaron McField 2nd overall.

Don't care so much about the draft pick being 2nd or 3rd.  More worried that 2 late wins will allow Burke to keep his job.

Yeah, exactly. It was mentioned today in the Calgary Herald today that Burke is making Bomber management think he deserves to return as HC next season. I can't believe that is even under consideration. If Miller or whoever is President actually does this then we can throw 2014 away as well.

Ya, but if someone took Andy Fantuz 2nd overall, you can't take him 3rd overall, similar to what happened with Westerman.  You have an exponentially better chance of getting the player you want the higher you are in the draft order.

Agreed but no sense having a 2nd pick if the guy picking doesn't do it right. We need a GM who will make good decisions.