Main Camp - Day Five Observations

Mike

yup. could easily be a "crap or get off the toilet" type scenario.. give him some rope to see if he climbs up or hangs himself..

That was my initial reaction, too. Then yesterday they handed out a new depth chart and it has several noticable changes:

1) Washington has been moved from nickleback to backing up Hefney at DB,

2) McGee has been moved from backing up JJ at cornerback to backing up Sears at nickleback (hence he's been getting the 1st team reps at the past few practices),

3) Markett has moved up the pecking order and is now backing up JJ at cornerback.

Reading between the lines here, I'm getting the feeling that there's pressure on JJ and Hef.

Honestly when they moved Kent to SAM a couple years ago it was a head scratcher too. He wasn't all that great of a db and most people figured he woulda wound up being cut anyway, but he worked at the position. Just gotta see if a guy can play the position or not.

A few observations from this afternoon's practice:

During the kick-off portion of Brent Cameron was consistently kicking it to the 15 yard line.  Palardy to the 20 yard line.

Etienne made some nice catches and did not look out of place.

Liked C. Muamba at safety.  Nice range from side line to side line.

Buck looked good.

Goltz had some timing issues to the SBs, but sure throws a nice long ball.

This is from the June 5th Depth Chart. (Lucky I got a copy of this because there were't many of them and yesterday they were back to handing out the May 30th DC's.)

Marshall is 3rd behind Sears at nickleback and Dunn is behind Marshall.

Could you do me a huge favor and let me know what the DC looks like for the defensive line?

This is from the June 5th Depth Chart. (Lucky I got a copy of this because there were't many of them and yesterday they were back to handing out the May 30th DC's.)

Marshall is 3rd behind Sears at nickleback and Dunn is behind Marshall.

Thank you..

I'm also interested to know what the chart looks like for the DLine, as well as Mike.

I'm surprised McGee is in the starting slot for SAM right now TBH.

Was talking to a coworker this morning who went to camp yesterday ...

He said Etienne made an absolutely unbelievable catch in tight coverage ... got up and pulled the Geroy pose. Apparently the entire team went nuts for it.

I got there for a bit yesterday, missed the one on ones, but during one of the skellys, they had Jade line up as a full back/running back type blocking position. One of the defenders absolutely pancaked him, sent him right ass over tea-kettle. 

I talked with him a bit once practice wrapped up, he was a bit red-faced by that, but said that if is was a game situation, he just would have cut the defender low, which they obviously don't do in camp. As we were chatting, one of the coaches walks up to him and heaps a bunch of praise on him for his catches in the one on one drills, saying that they really want to see more of that from him, and they are sure he can deliver.

Here is hoping this is his breakout year.

There's no changes on the D-line depth from the May 30th chart.

I've scanned the June 5th Depth Chart but can't figure out how to add it as an attachment to a post.

You can literally just copy and paste an image (you don't even need the img tags) in this board's software.