For Those Using Internet Explorer 8

Rich

First, you guys need to get on a modern browser!    :P

Second, I have enabled the default theme that comes with the software.   You will now see a link that says Change Theme in the footer of the website.  (At least I hope IE8 lets you see it).  The link is right beside the RSS feed icon.

If you click the link, you will see the option to change the theme to IP.Board.  The other options there are Disturbance (which is the name of the theme we are using) and the Mobile version theme.

Since I don't have access to IE8 anywhere to test, I have no idea if this theme will be any better or not, but I am sure you guys will let me know.  If it isn't, then I will have to recruit one of you to help me find an alternative theme that does work.

I don't know at this point if theme settings follow your profile from computer to computer.  So if you change for work, it may follow you home, but it is easy enough to switch back and forth.

Rich, on 06 Jun 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

First, you guys need to get on a modern browser! :P

Second, I have enabled the default theme that comes with the software. You will now see a link that says Change Theme in the footer of the website. (At least I hope IE8 lets you see it). The link is right beside the RSS feed icon.

If you click the link, you will see the option to change the theme to IP.Board. The other options there are Disturbance (which is the name of the theme we are using) and the Mobile version theme.

Since I don't have access to IE8 anywhere to test, I have no idea if this theme will be any better or not, but I am sure you guys will let me know. If it isn't, then I will have to recruit one of you to help me find an alternative theme that does work.

I don't know at this point if theme settings follow your profile from computer to computer. So if you change for work, it may follow you home, but it is easy enough to switch back and forth.

I just pulled this up on IE8 and your instructions are good. The only thing is that when you click the "Change Theme" link at the bottom, the themes that pop up are also blended into the background color so you can't see them. The IP.Board is the first theme on the list, so you just need to click near the top of the dropdown list.

For those using IE.... don't.

Some of us don't have that option when at work.....

And also IE is the 2nd best browser out there.... Firefox has been the absolute drizzling poops for the last 2 years and sadly Chrome is also starting to get a bit shakey with each release...

Some of us don't have that option when at work.....

And also IE is the 2nd best browser out there.... Firefox has been the absolute drizzling poops for the last 2 years and sadly Chrome is also starting to get a bit shakey with each release...

Pretty sure Chrome and Mozilla are still one and two.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

For those using IE, change to Chrome. It's way freaking better.

Chrome is garbage.  When it first came out it was great, but now it's nothing but a memory hog, and not only that, it can cause a lot of problems on your system.  And if you ever want to uninstall it, you're going to have a lot of issues with your machine.

Truthfully, I've been testing out all 3 of them, firefox, IE and chrome.  And they're all crap in their own way.  Chrome is a memory hog.  If you leave Firefox on too long it starts to suck processing power for some reason, and then starts sucking memory, so you have to close both of these once in a while and reopen.  IE would be the top if only it was a bit more user friendly like Chrome and Firefox.  I find the tools with those 2 are much better then IE, but I find IE much better for managing the computers resources.

We just can't have it all.

• Rich unpinned this topic