Burke's Lost His Mind

BlueBall

It really drives me nuts all this talk of the importance of vet players - Burke pumpin' JJ, Suber and Januarys tires... except he's the guy that went with Washington over Hef, and Cauchy over Logan, cut our two QBs with even limited experience.  Just ridiculous.

"As a team, at least we've been competitive. We've gone out and given great effort. In some areas, we've gotten better. We do have some personnel deficiencies, and some of those deficiencies are hard to overcome, so we'll try to address those in the off-season."

Edmonton's competitive.  Our team hasn't been competitive for months, and has steadily declined.  The lack of effort put forward by the players should put more than enough nails in Burke's coffin.

I probably won't be renewing my season tickets just out of my general disgust for the Football Club as a whole and my terrible experience as a customer this past off-season before this 2013 team even stepped on the field, but if Burke is retained there is a less than 0% chance that I will keep my tickets.

I'm not even discussing the pros and cons of keeping Burke but any of you fools that think he should say "well I think I should be fired" are crazy. No doubt he'd have a better record with a better team.

Then again we would have a better record if we had kept Lapo and part of the reason for that is Burke would still be our DC

I'm not even discussing the pros and cons of keeping Burke but any of you fools that think he should say "well I think I should be fired" are crazy. No doubt he'd have a better record with a better team.

Then again we would have a better record if we had kept Lapo and part of the reason for that is Burke would still be our DC

/ignore

I did a comparison of Lapos record and Burkes record in another thread, it's pretty easy to see from that that Burke has been as big a dud at head coach as this team has ever had. If the Bombers foolish retain Burke for another season I hope to go they are prepared for an empty stadium. year and a half of blowouts under Tim Burke is having even the diehards not caring about the team, that alone should be enough for them to boot Burke out as soon as the season is over. 

I did a comparison of Lapos record and Burkes record in another thread, it's pretty easy to see from that that Burke has been as big a dud at head coach as this team has ever had. If the Bombers foolish retain Burke for another season I hope to go they are prepared for an empty stadium. year and a half of blowouts under Tim Burke is having even the diehards not caring about the team, that alone should be enough for them to boot Burke out as soon as the season is over. 

Bear in mind this is Burke talking. I am having a hard time thinking anyone else in the organization is thinking this. I suspect Burke will be fired before he walks across the field for the last time.

And we'd be 5-0 in our last 5 if we kept Buck, right????

It's also very comical to see Burke talk about how well he works with Walters and Miller, seems to me in the offseason he was talking about how he worked well with Joe Mack, seems that he was also very happy with the talent on the team, especially the addition of guys like Cauchy and how he felt that Crowton was a brilliant coach who could be a head coach if he wanted to... and how he couldn't wait for Buck to get healthy last season and how he was so confident in him this year, and how great a prospect Goltz was at qb... Burke is full on desperation mode. Not even trying to win games just trying to make excuses to save his job. Put him out of his misery right now I don't care who you give the last few games to but Burke has got to go the sooner the better. They could fire Burke tomorrow and it would be too late. 

It's also very comical to see Burke talk about how well he works with Walters and Miller, seems to me in the offseason he was talking about how he worked well with Joe Mack, seems that he was also very happy with the talent on the team, especially the addition of guys like Cauchy and how he felt that Crowton was a brilliant coach who could be a head coach if he wanted to... and how he couldn't wait for Buck to get healthy last season and how he was so confident in him this year, and how great a prospect Goltz was at qb... Burke is full on desperation mode. Not even trying to win games just trying to make excuses to save his job. Put him out of his misery right now I don't care who you give the last few games to but Burke has got to go the sooner the better. They could fire Burke tomorrow and it would be too late. 

In brown nose mode.