Alex Hall Traded

Rich

17, all you crow about is how bad Burke is & what a hero Mack was. If only Bomber fans were patient. Mack had a plan. He never had a chance to see it through.

I'm pretty sure he's never said that, it's only people like you who imply that simply because he defends Mack from the UNFAIR criticism he takes.

Dave has never suggested Mack doesn't deserve criticism. He's simply suggested that he doesn't always deserve all of it.

17, all you crow about is how bad Burke is & what a hero Mack was. If only Bomber fans were patient. Mack had a plan. He never had a chance to see it through.

I'm pretty sure he's never said that, it's only people like you who imply that simply because he defends Mack from the UNFAIR criticism he takes.

Dave has never suggested Mack doesn't deserve criticism. He's simply suggested that he doesn't always deserve all of it.

Really? Ooookay. LOL! Please define unfair when it come to Mack?

I've never even said that he didn't deserve to get fired either, all I've ever done was try and provide a balance to the piling on that goes on. Some people like Iso spend all their time harping on Mack doing absolutely everything wrong and it's his fault for every single thing that no one else could possibly take any blame and that's just wrong and I won't stand for it. 

I know you won't stand for it. You jump on your soapbox any chance you get & constantly tell us how great Mack was. That no way this mess of a football team was HIS fault. Then you have the gall to get on my case because I dare criticize a player like Jade Etienne who has underperformed after 3 seasons? Somehow in yours & Mike's mind, criticism somehow equates with hatred which makes no sense. Then there's Mike who has a crazy looking picture of Tim Burke as his avy. How insulting is that? I haven't done anything close to that for Etienne other than say he's underperformed. Before you guys throw crap at other people both of you better look in the mirror first.

I know you won't stand for it. You jump on your soapbox any chance you get & constantly tell us how great Mack was. That no way this mess of a football team was HIS fault. Then you have the gall to get on my case because I dare criticize a player like Jade Etienne who has underperformed after 3 seasons? Somehow in yours & Mike's mind, criticism somehow equates with hatred which makes no sense. Then there's Mike who has a crazy looking picture of Tim Burke as his avy. How insulting is that? I haven't done anything close to that for Etienne other than say he's underperformed. Before you guys throw crap at other people both of you better look in the mirror first.

The fact that you'd try and make that claim again really goes to show that you haven't actually been reading what I've written. I have never gotten on a soapbox and told anyone how great Mack was, I have argued with people shitting all over everything guy did, there is a very big difference. 

With regards to you and Etienne you were all over the guy before he even came to training camp, you were all over the guy because he was on the roster but never playing, that's not something to ***** at Etienne for, you have a lot of misguided anger, you should have been critical of the people putting him on the roster when he wasn't ready to be there but no you took every chance to slag the kid. 

The fact that you'd try and make that claim again really goes to show that you haven't actually been reading what I've written. I have never gotten on a soapbox and told anyone how great Mack was, I have argued with people shitting all over everything guy did, there is a very big difference. 

With regards to you and Etienne you were all over the guy before he even came to training camp, you were all over the guy because he was on the roster but never playing, that's not something to ***** at Etienne for, you have a lot of misguided anger, you should have been critical of the people putting him on the roster when he wasn't ready to be there but no you took every chance to slag the kid. 

Yeah, so? Players get called out & criticized everyday. You slag Burke everyday. You've slagged Poblah & Buck. You're no better than me or anybody else here who has an opinion so get over it.

Nobody has ever said anything like that, it's like you've entirely directed your rage (and yeah, it IS rage) at Dave for saying something that you've created in your own mind.

Yeah, so? Players get called out & criticized everyday. You slag Burke everyday. You've slagged Poblah & Buck. You're no better than me or anybody else here who has an opinion so get over it.

I slag Burke cause he's done something no one else has done, he's made me stop caring about this team. Slagging Poblah (well all i've said is he's not living up to the hype and seems to have iffy hands) and Buck was done after they had been given chance after chance and failed. I didn't criticize anyone immediately after being drafted just cause they were off the board.

oh and by the way, I *AM* better than everyone else here.

I remember when MBB was launched and how happy everyone was that we finally had a site where forum discussion didn't eventually devolve into users attacking each other. Even the ones who are so much better than everyone else.

I'm sure we're all a little edgy given that the team blows.

But yeah, you're right.

I remember when MBB was launched and how happy everyone was that we finally had a site where forum discussion didn't eventually devolve into users attacking each other. Even the ones who are so much better than everyone else.

I'm sure we're all a little edgy given that the team blows.

But yeah, you're right.

I'm definitely no happier than anyone else about this awful, awful, awful football team. And the fact that we still have as many people discussing this sad-sack excuse of a team speaks to all of us and our loyalty (some may say misplaced loyalty) to the B&G. Whatever side we land fall on in the Mack debate, the Burke debate, the cut Elliott debate, we should all remember that fundamentally, we're all here for the same reason: we're all huge Bomber fans, and we all hate Shankman.

The mods can definitely address anything that seems to be going over the top.  The state of the franchise certainly pins a negative attitude on a lot of discussion that happens around here.  Regardless, there is always a fine line between condescension and the personal attacking of posters.  Anyone who has any concerns with specific posts or posters, I encourage to PM me or any one of the other mods.

I slag Burke cause he's done something no one else has done, he's made me stop caring about this team. Slagging Poblah (well all i've said is he's not living up to the hype and seems to have iffy hands) and Buck was done after they had been given chance after chance and failed. I didn't criticize anyone immediately after being drafted just cause they were off the board.

Nice you can say negative things about players & coaches but of course no one else can. What have I said about Etienne other than I think he is a bust & was overrated? I didn't attack him as a person.  It wasn't his fault Mack picked him so high but because all he did is set him up to fail. I just questioned why we'd draft a kid so not ready to play so highly as in a first round pick with a guy like Nate Coehoorn ready to be selected. I've never said anything else negative about him except as a football player. As far as #2 goes, no you're not. Not even close.

Nice you can say negative things about players & coaches but of course no one else can. What have I said about Etienne other than I think he is a bust & was overrated? I didn't attack him as a person.  It wasn't his fault Mack picked him so high but because all he did is set him up to fail. I just questioned why we'd draft a kid so not ready to play so highly as in a first round pick with a guy like Nate Coehoorn ready to be selected. I've never said anything else negative about him except as a football player. As far as #2 goes, no you're not. Not even close.

I think the point that Dave is making is that it's very easy to think that you legitimately dislike Etienne because you didn't even bother to wait and see him suit up before you started shitting all over him, you've had your mind made up on him from the minute we drafted him. In fact, I could draw a very similar parallel to that and the way you talk about Kyle Walters as he gets ready to potentially become our new GM. The way you hint at it in your posts makes me think that if we do hire him in the permanent role, it doesn't matter what he does because it's very obvious you don't think he's right for the job.

Your opinion (in my opinion) would hold a lot more weight if it didn't appear to be so based on your personal emotions and was instead based on information.

Mike, all of our opinions are based on personal emotions. Look how much you dislike Burke. Look at how 17 blames him for losing interest in the team. We all get emotional because the team constantly loses. I am emotional yes. I won't deny that. But what I said is true. If Etienne plays well for us I will eat crow here. How will I not be able to?

I say again, I've never attacked Etienne as a person. He seems like a good guy. I questioned Jade's ability after 3 years in the CFL. Yes, I was upset that Mack drafted Etienne instead of other players in that draft that could have helped us a lot more & a lot quicker especially when I look at the teaam today. When Etienne wasn't even seeing the field his second season even on  ST's yeah I got emotional. You bet I did because other players wouldn't have got the chances he did that season.

Etienne was not worth a first round pick & probably would have still been available in the fourth round where he was projected to go. Now, I do not believe he'll be anything more than a player coming off the bench in the years to come. To me, he's a borderline starter.That's my opinion. A year from now he may be playing elsewhere anyway so this argument may be moot. If he does stay here long term & starts to play well, I will be happy because it might mean we're actually winning some games for a change. Whether you choose to believe me or not is up to you. I doubt if most member here care.

your problem is that you make up your mind about things very quickly and without giving things a chance and stubbornly stick to that no matter what. I at least gave Burke a chance before turning on him. For you Etienne was useless the minute he was drafted. 

Etienne hasn't exactly done anything in three seasons to dispute his original opinion of him. And this is coming from a guy who was a big fan of the choice and is still a fan of the player.

your problem is that you make up your mind about things very quickly and without giving things a chance and stubbornly stick to that no matter what. I at least gave Burke a chance before turning on him. For you Etienne was useless the minute he was drafted. 

Etienne hasn't exactly done anything in three seasons to dispute his original opinion of him. And this is coming from a guy who was a big fan of the choice and is still a fan of the player.

He also hasn't had a lot of opportunities to do anything given the problems surrounding the team. I mean a player who was picked and the management came right out and said he's a project shouldn't be judged by his first couple years, and it did appear that there were some glimpses of a good player in there at times this year. 

He also hasn't had a lot of opportunities to do anything given the problems surrounding the team. I mean a player who was picked and the management came right out and said he's a project shouldn't be judged by his first couple years, and it did appear that there were some glimpses of a good player in there at times this year. 

He certainly has shown glimpses, but I think even less has been expected of Kohlert and he's come through. I still think given the right opportunities than JE can be a fantastic player, but, whether it's his fault or not, this is still a results-oriented business.

He hasn't been given a legitimate shot to succeed. His past skillset suggests he just needs room to grow and the right support system around him. He has shown glimpses of not just competence, but excellence. Unfortunately, the results just haven't went his way. This reasoning could be used to defend Jade Etienne. It could also be used to defend Tim Burke.

He certainly has shown glimpses, but I think even less has been expected of Kohlert and he's come through. I still think given the right opportunities than JE can be a fantastic player, but, whether it's his fault or not, this is still a results-oriented business.

He hasn't been given a legitimate shot to succeed. His past skillset suggests he just needs room to grow and the right support system around him. He has shown glimpses of not just competence, but excellence. Unfortunately, the results just haven't went his way. This reasoning could be used to defend Jade Etienne. It could also be used to defend Tim Burke.

Kohlert hasn't done a lot either though, none of the receivers on this team have. The big difference between Kohlert and Etienne is that Kohlert got into more games and had more passes thrown to him. I like him but just how good is he? A few catches here or there don't prove a hell of a lot and that's something that can be said for every receiver on the team. 

Kohlert hasn't done a lot either though, none of the receivers on this team have. The big difference between Kohlert and Etienne is that Kohlert got into more games and had more passes thrown to him. I like him but just how good is he? A few catches here or there don't prove a hell of a lot and that's something that can be said for every receiver on the team.

Kohl et has been money on the majority of passes thrown his way wether they were under thrown, over thrown, in heavy traffic etc. he's the one guy that seems to make clutch catches or big receptions each week.

ettienne isn't even starting

Let's see now, Rory an undrafted free agent........Jade a first round pick..........gee which one should be the stud and which the dud. Given all the screaming around here about that 2nd to 4th round swap with the Riders I can't believe anyone would even be stupid enough or brash enough to bring this comparison up unless they were just trolling.