Rumour: Sask Wants Hall

Hall's value is in being the type of player Sask might want when they believe they have a very real shot at a Cup.  They *need* to be playing in that game.  So there is what Hall is actually worth and there is what he is worth to a team that might be put over the top by getting him.  I think we can fleece Taman a bit.

Every other team in the CFL knows he's a pending UFA who won't resign here (at least not before next summer).  His value is only as great as what he can do for the interested team. 

This would be true if there was only 1 other team in the running but the value goes up as teams express their interest.

90% of this thread has been purely comedic.

Really, why? Give us your take.

Well ... the suggestion that Alex Hall is somehow worth Darian Durant is laughable, just for starters.

Well, for one thing, the offer is Hall, Alex, the min. offer....it's not the Max offer.

Well ... the suggestion that Alex Hall is somehow worth Darian Durant is laughable, just for starters.

Not to mention Willy + a second rounder.  I'm laughing because of how much value that is right now to the Riders.  It is the exact same situation as Calgary.  These teams are not giving up their QBs right now.  It's occurred to me that we hallucinating at thinking a QB trade is happening before the end of the season, when it will not in fact happen.  

The fact that if Saskatchewan is asking (if they really are) about Hall, means that they want him, and we could potentially get good value for him if we play the hand properly. But it's not going to be for a first or second string QB.  

I don't think it's a trade for Durant but a trade for Willy. I don't find this trade talk comedic at all but scary. My fear is if we make that trade Walters & Miller will go, "There we got our qb. We're done!" And that'll be it as as far as the team is concerned & they won't go after a guy like Collaros if available. With so little playing time, we have no idea just how good or bad Willy is. yet I'm willing to say that the morons who run this team would be willing to hand him the keys to the team. That's why  I don't want anything done about our qbs until after the expansion draft when the dust settles. Willy should be one of  our options. Not the only one. And if we trade for him, then knowing how the Bombers work, it will be. So, is this thread funny? Not one ******* bit.

You have to take into account how much of a Durant hater he is though

I don't think it's a trade for Durant but a trade for Willy. I don't find this trade talk comedic at all but scary. My fear is if we make that trade Walters & Miller will go, "There we got our qb. We're done!" And that'll be it as as far as the team is concerned & they won't go after a guy like Collaros if available. With so little playing time, we have no idea just how good or bad Willy is. yet I'm willing to say that the morons who run this team would be willing to hand him the keys to the team. That's why  I don't want anything done about our qbs until after the expansion draft when the dust settles. Willy should be one of  our options. Not the only one. And if we trade for him, then knowing how the Bombers work, it will be. So, is this thread funny? Not one ******* bit.

Well your fear won't be realized because Willy is not going anywhere yet, so you have nothing to worry about.  Plus you're not giving Walters very much credit.  It's pretty early to call him a moron.  I mean, it took Joe Mack at least a season to be called one.  

Well your fear won't be realized because Willy is not going anywhere yet, so you have nothing to worry about.  Plus you're not giving Walters very much credit.  It's pretty early to call him a moron.  I mean, it took Joe Mack at least a season to be called one.  

Like I said, live with the qbs we have now & make changes in the off season...

Strange. I don't care anymore. And I don't even know what day the game is on. Sad day for me as a fan.

That's the worst part about things right now, I ain't even mad I'm just apathetic and if even a die hard like me is having trouble caring there's going to be a lot of empty seats in that stadium.