Preseason B Super Saturday OTT@HAM, BC@CGY, SSK@EDM, TOR@MTL

Four games today. 

OTT @ HAM

BC @ CGY

SSK @ EDM

TOR @ MTL

All games on CFL+ : https://www.cfl.ca/2024/05/09/where-to-watch-2024-cfl-preseason-games/.  The Montreal game is also on RDS.

Highlights: First look at Dru Brown in a Redblacks jersey and MBT repping the Elks.  BLM starts for the TiCats.

Hopefully we get the Edmonton radio crew on the Riders/Elks game.  That Regina radio crew is brutal.

Edited by johnzo

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Do we have the only radio crew capable of being even a little objective? This Ticats crew is pretty homery.

Brown hasn't looked great so far but he isn't getting a lot of time to throw.

And he likely wont alot this yr...not like here...and the comfort level of playing with literally the same guys his whole time here...i can see him really struggling all yr

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Do we have the only radio crew capable of being even a little objective? This Ticats crew is pretty homery.

Brown hasn't looked great so far but he isn't getting a lot of time to throw.

They sent 2 starters with brown and Crum. That’s why I’m not surprised watching. They are gonna ruin those kids. 

Crum has looked better than Brown imo. Preseason though

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I'm not sure what you're expecting. DT and Brown can be Homers as well. I heard this hammy crew call out Bo for a bad pass. They complimented Crums td pass...

Edited by Bigblue204

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

DT and Brown can be Homers as well.

I think Derek is a great guy and a huge CFL fan, and is probably going to be on TSN doing national games before long..... but I'm not sure he's really even a Bombers fan, per se. He calls a good game and is a huge CFL fan.... By far the least "homer" of all regional PBP guys. Doug is the perfect regional colour guy. He's clearly a HUGE Bombers fan and passionate alumnus.... But he's not a moron on the air like Mullinder. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

that dude takes so much punishment.  like a long-striding Buck Pierce.

Don't see much progression in Crums's game, he is what he's always been, a white bread and butter sandwich. He'd make a decent backup but that's about it.

Edited by Fatty Liver

23 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Don't see much progression in Crums's game, he is what he's always been.  He'd make a decent backup but that's about it.

One play he was swaRmed by the Hamilton D. So, hard to say... Powell looks ordinary. Ti cat receiver dropped that sure TD pass a=in the end zone even though he had to reach around for it. It was catchable. Hamilton with the nomination for the leasr imaginative & ugliest uniforms in the CFL. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I was watching best of bomber punt returns on YouTube. Friggin demond Washington had some wheels. Made me wonder. Who is the best we have had. Honestly. Jovon Johnson and grant. I’m not sure who is 1 and who is 2 tho. Jovon had several get out the seat returns. Grant tho, just couldn’t be caught. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was watching best of bomber punt returns on YouTube. Friggin demond Washington had some wheels. Made me wonder. Who is the best we have had. Honestly. Jovon Johnson and grant. I’m not sure who is 1 and who is 2 tho. Jovon had several get out the seat returns. Grant tho, just couldn’t be caught. 

Most memorable single game performance in recent memory has to be Moe Leggett in the 2017 Banjo Bowl, though his TD was more of a gadget than anything else

Kevin Fogg was serviceable but forgettable.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Grant has to be the best ever. Stokes was good but as each generation is better than the last, I'm not sure anyone has been as good as Grant.

Yeah. Grant in my opinion. Hit the hole and gone. Jovon made lots out of nothing tho. Not sure what’s more impressive. Hitting the hole and not getting caught like grant or making the entire cover team miss tackles like jovon did regularly. Regardless, we’ve had a few good ones over the years. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Most memorable single game performance in recent memory has to be Moe Leggett in the 2017 Banjo Bowl, though his TD was more of a gadget than anything else

Kevin Fogg was serviceable but forgettable.

That return definitely was on the video. Leggets against Sask. still confuses me lol.  But I think that was it. Same with fogg. Made 1 appearance in the video. Was dominated by guys like Troy stoudemire and Jovon plus Demond and grant. 

45 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ex Bomber RB Ronnie Brown looking super ordinary for the RedBlacks.

Hes extremely fast tho lol

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. Grant in my opinion. Hit the hole and gone. Jovon made lots out of nothing tho. Not sure what’s more impressive. Hitting the hole and not getting caught like grant or making the entire cover team miss tackles like jovon did regularly. Regardless, we’ve had a few good ones over the years. 

Grant was fearless and tough as they come...part of what made him great