2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

9 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Looks like the Bombers let go of RB Ronnie Brown as one of their cuts they had to make today. And he is now tweeting about it towards Ed Tait?!?!?! What a joke. Makes me cringe for the player. Must be going through a lot mentally. Hope he gets the help he needs

Chris Jones will bring him on as a DB...no worries.

59 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Looks like the Bombers let go of RB Ronnie Brown as one of their cuts they had to make today. And he is now tweeting about it towards Ed Tait?!?!?! What a joke. Makes me cringe for the player. Must be going through a lot mentally. Hope he gets the help he needs

For sure embarrassing, but it’s pretty clearly his dad - not him

1 hour ago, bluedawg said:

Cutting a guy without the ability to read and understand fastest cfl combine 40 yard time vs. Any other combine probably a good decision by the Bombers. 

Footage of OL/DL one on one action.

As far as I can figure in order of matchups.

#91 Jamal Woods vs. #64 Dobson

#57 Kyle Samson vs. #58 Huge Wallace

#92 Rivers??? vs. #58 Ivy

#5 Willie vs. #60 Keith Khalil

#96 Schmeck with the spin move vs. #67 Kola

#57 Jamal Woods vs. #57 Vlahogiannis

#90 Fox destroying #67 Kola

Little surprised about Waggoner. Brown was a kr and rb. We are thin at rb, but might just be the reality that no imp rb is gonna make it if they aren’t a full time kr. Alston was starting day one of tc which shows all you need to know about how important that is. 
Im guessing most of these guys failed fifo/adaptability to the league checks. 

I wonder if the league would be better off having the first cut after a week of practices. 

21 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Given we know who 4 of our 5 receivers are going to be...gotta figure they are trying to hit a home run with who they pick to complement that group rather than someone that currently knows what they're doing. Says a lot about the skill level of the guys we've brought in too.

Yep. One of the most amazing facets of our WR core, only one guy on the entire roster at WR is 30 years old. Demski is the oldest and still has plenty of time left. Best WR core and a young prime group too. It's really going to be interesting to see who wins the last spot and why. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if the league would be better off having the first cut after a week of practices. 

These guys have either had a week when you include rookie camp or they were here last year.  If other guys have already shown better than them, no point keeping them around. There's also the possibility that some of these are due to injury and they are told not to leave town.

Jared Beeksma - been kicking around the league since 2022 and hasn't stuck yet. Was with Sask & Hamilton (twice) before we brought him in last July.

Ravi Alston - on our PR last fall.

Ronnie Brown - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

John Waggoner - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

Raleigh Texada - on our PR last fall.

CJ Siegel  - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

These guys have either had a week when you include rookie camp or they were here last year.  If other guys have already shown better than them, no point keeping them around. There's also the possibility that some of these are due to injury and they are told not to leave town.

Jared Beeksma - been kicking around the league since 2022 and hasn't stuck yet. Was with Sask & Hamilton (twice) before we brought him in last July.

Ravi Alston - on our PR last fall.

Ronnie Brown - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

John Waggoner - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

Raleigh Texada - on our PR last fall.

CJ Siegel  - had rookie camp & first few days of main camp.

And usually guys who end on our PR and come back the next TC get more time. I'm just saying in general, more time to evaluate might be good. Rookie camp isn't really a strong evaluation tool. Though like I also said, these guys might just be failing at a basic level that they'd be cut any way. 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

For sure embarrassing, but it’s pretty clearly his dad - not him

It's definitely Ronnie... When you look at his Shepherd football bio where it lists parents, it only lists his mother, meaning his dad is out of the picture one way or another

12 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

MCI is replacing Jackson on the roster, not Augustine imo. They’ll be able to use an American somewhere else like we all wanted last season. 

Agree and Kevens is replacing bolo. With all 3 we just have a bit more NI depth and better roster balance. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Of the list Alston surprises me because he was here last year. The rest were just Duane Slays. 

They wish they were the TC legend that was duane slays! lol. Imagine the jersey potential though. Oh, the all time best name team from TC would be soo entertaining. 

17 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

It's definitely Ronnie... When you look at his Shepherd football bio where it lists parents, it only lists his mother, meaning his dad is out of the picture one way or another

I really don’t think so. If it were him, he’d be referring to himself in the third person near constantly. 
Plus that profile is for “Ron Brown” and reads like an over 40. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I really don’t think so. If it were him, he’d be referring to himself in the third person near constantly. 
Plus that profile is for “Ron Brown” and reads like an over 40. 

Either way we've dodged a bullet. I feel like guys who are healthy cuts in the first wave of camp never come back, especially imps. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Augustine did improve a lot on teams over last year as well. I cant see an out right cut of him. He might end up being a scratch some or end up on the pr. 

Yeah....JA isn't going anywhere...he has become a valuable foot soldier....Cutting him on roster for whom?....makes zero sense

MCI was the smartest pick of our draft as it finally allows us to roster an impactful DI on defence now, and have a fullback who is an actual threat out of the backfield, as well be a key piece in a grind em out drive in 4th qi=uarter working with BO

Interesting to hear Osh's comments re: Fox, and highlightiong all the traits he brings in the middle..most of which we were lacking last year...He didn't miracously learn that the last 4 months of the off-season...was there already in B.C....and just an example of a wasted opportunity, and a guy stuck behind another player in the reward system...or the we gotta play a pointless fullback