2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

O'Shea always seems to have that one pet Canadian that he likes but isnt very good. Sam Hurl previously, now Kramdi.

I mean they needed Hurl because they had no depth.

Kramdi stole an Americans job when he was finally healthy.

They paid Mike Miller hundreds of thousands of dollars for the past 2 years to be not very useful and mostly injured.  That was a bad one.  Trying to make him into an effective player on O was painful.  We've spent basically O'Shea's entire time here trying to shoe horn guys who aren't suited to be a H back into being an H Back.  Tons of guys around if that position is valued both American and Canadian.  See last few years teams bringing more Americans like that up as that "R" spot becomes more about versatility to come in and block but also be able to go out, run a route and catch a ball downfield.  Somehow we used an American spot on a guy who was even more useless than some random U Sports player for that role.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really don’t get the Kramdi hate. He’s solid. Always around the ball. Does his job well. You need the reliable guys just as much as you need the flashy guys, they set the flashy guys up to make those big plays.

For me personally it's not hate it's just nervousness in ensuring we are using him appropriately based on his strengths just like any other player.

Just now, GCn20 said:

In a perfect world you don't, but there may be times when a guy needs to tape a finger or something, or gasses out and needs to miss a snap.

oh i agree...and if u have a dlineman rostered as a DI as opposed to a sexy fullback...that world continued to be perfect...or....Nationalize and American...lol...sorry to rehash old festering wounds, but sure hoping we aren't running thru this song and dance again all yr

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For me personally it's not hate it's just nervousness in ensuring we are using him appropriately based on his strengths just like any other player.

I find it very interesting, because lots of people get caught up in our roster management (myself included) but not many people seemed to notice that Kramdi was very much a rotational guy and was subbed out a lot last year.

They seem to have a pretty good plan for him and his usage and I’m happy to let them keep rolling with it. He didn’t get handed a job last year, he stole it from a trusted veteran American and he only got better as the year went on.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah hopefully we can win more than 4 games this year.

i could care how many games we win as long as we get in palyoffs...and roster the best players to give us our best roster....all the wins the last 2 yrs mean jackshit when come Grey Cup we lost...because...we didnt put out our best roster available to us

Just now, Mike said:

I find it very interesting, because lots of people get caught up in our roster management (myself included) but not many people seemed to notice that Kramdi was very much a rotational guy and was subbed out a lot last year.

They seem to have a pretty good plan for him and his usage and I’m happy to let them keep rolling with it. He didn’t get handed a job last year, he stole it from a trusted veteran American and he only got better as the year went on.

rather have him subbed in to give another player a breather...I dont want him off roster...just not the defacto starter...as he just isnt the best option...nor is he required to meet ratio...thats all...adegaute...solid doesnt cut it with me...when there is better

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really don’t get the Kramdi hate. He’s solid. Always around the ball. Does his job well. You need the reliable guys just as much as you need the flashy guys, they set the flashy guys up to make those big plays.

His Tackling/closing speed leaves a lot to be desired.

Just now, Booch said:

explains a lot Kramdi!! hahaha

Hahaha

honestly, with the way we’ve used that spot I’m definitely willing to give Cole a look and see if he pops off the page but Kramdi is nowhere near the biggest problem we have at LB. I’m also pretty confident he’s only going to continue to get better. He did well for what was essentially a very raw player, not coming in with the NCAA pedigree or history and I there’s still a lot left to develop there in my opinion

That being said, I wouldn’t be upset with three new LB starters when week 1 hits 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

His Tackling/closing speed leaves a lot to be desired.

I come from the land of jobs were a compatition each yr...and were earned...not given due to a myriad of reasons...also if you messed up...you were replaced,...sometimes even off the roster.....and if you earned said job...but someone was showing better....they didnt wait for injury to replace you....you were just replaced....we dont do that here consistantly

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Which is a fine role for him. He may take a step forward and become a more consistent piece and if he does that is great. Though we seem to be paying him as if he was that now, our 2nd highest db. 140/154 for nichols and 125/139 for kramdi is shocking. 86k base with a 25k signing bonus is no joke. It's odd, because we are generally pretty stingy with DBs. If Kramdi rotates with Ford (which I think is what every one expects, at an unknown ratio of snaps) we are probably looking at a minimum of 225k between the two. 

DB is strange up here. Kind of like RB, but players get to cash in and stick around long after their peak. Half of the top paid DBs seem like guys who are past it and getting paid on previous accolades or got by more with reputation than quality of play. 

I'd much rather Kramdi see rotation than either Hallett at this point. 

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hahaha

honestly, with the way we’ve used that spot I’m definitely willing to give Cole a look and see if he pops off the page but Kramdi is nowhere near the biggest problem we have at LB. I’m also pretty confident he’s only going to continue to get better. He did well for what was essentially a very raw player, not coming in with the NCAA pedigree or history and I there’s still a lot left to develop there in my opinion

That being said, I wouldn’t be upset with three new LB starters when week 1 hits 

Quebec is crazy competitive though.  I watch a ton of FCS and D2.  Even in a good conference like Missouri Valley the lower half of that league is full of guys who wouldn't make Laval or Montreal.  Canada West is not a great development league for the CFL anymore.  UBC is strong, no one else really is anymore.  Ontario is somewhere in between.  The guys coming out of Laval or Montreal, even Sherbrooke, Concordia and McGill are ready to go.

Kramdi's biggest issue was injuries since he's been here.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Hahaha

Could be Kramdi is one of the smarter players on and off the field and O'Shea recognizes that combined with his grittiness and work ethic being similar to the skills that sustained his own playing career.  May also be why he sticks with BA year after year instead of replacing him with a flashier, healthier player.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah they really should be using Bighill or Jefferson in that Designated Nationalized American role.  Then you could effectively rotate with either another American LB or Rush end.  With our current roster composition Jefferson probably makes the most sense.  But if one of the American WIL/MAC types jumps of the page it makes sense for Bighill too.

Sure would be nice to have Bighill's future replacement in the building this year getting involved and taking reps. so the progression at MLB is clearly spelled out.  Maybe Biggie would accept a lesser role and help convince O'Shea to use the new American/Natl. rules more effectively as well.  Ease him towards the door before he signs another contract with unrealistic expectations of playing another 3 years.  Same thing for Bryant, get ready just about time to move on.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sure would be nice to have Bighill's future replacement in the building this year getting involved and taking reps. so the progression at MLB is clearly spelled out.  Maybe Biggie would accept a lesser role and help convince O'Shea to use the new American/Natl. rules more effectively as well.  Ease him towards the door before he signs another contract with unrealistic expectations of playing another 3 years.  Same thing for Bryant, get ready just about time to move on.

The pedigree of the American middle type guys they brought in this year is pretty high.  Gemmel, Petrishen, Moses.

Wilson is getting up there too.  Hopefully rebounds 2nd year off achilles.

8 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

How many years of being a CFL fan and engaging on this forum does it usually take until I too start believing I know more than professional coaches and talent scouts? 😂😂😂 You guys get my goat! Can't wait for the new season!

how many years on Earth do I need before I talk like a robot? 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I agree. Kramdi gets crapped on, and I'm not sure why. I thought he was pretty decent once he settled in.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I come from the land of jobs were a compatition each yr...and were earned...not given due to a myriad of reasons...also if you messed up...you were replaced,...sometimes even off the roster.....and if you earned said job...but someone was showing better....they didnt wait for injury to replace you....you were just replaced....we dont do that here consistantly

I agree with that as well. However, Kramdi did take the job from an underperforming Darby, so they were willing to make that change. I would hope if Cole looks better than Kramdi they would do the same. I think Kramdi could be a very useful rep taker in our secondary when needed. I don't even mind him competing at S really, better back up plan than Hallett imo.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, Booch said:

The land where the backup QB is the coach/GM's son in law and most of the personnel staff are related. 😆

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The land where the backup QB is the coach/GM's son in law and most of the personnel staff are related. 😆

not that land lol....but your warm