Round 1 : Game 5 - From my COLd dead hands

Jets lost to a juggernaut. Played their best game tonight. Showed heart and pushback. Really did. They had a solid year but I would hope they recognize that some change is necessary especially on the defensive end. 

Dillon and miller won’t be back. 
pionk should be gone. Schmidt is actually a find 3 d man. Demelo is ufa also 

Toffoli obviously a rental. Think they would move Iafallo and his 4 million cap hit. Perhaps one of Ehlers or Connor also.  Connor prob has more value. Think this series showed that our best game was our last one and it wasn’t good enough. 

ch ch. changes coming. 

gotta wonder if this is the end of Bowness. 

jets didn’t collapse and die tonight so that’s definitely a good sign. 

Pionk really really bad tho. I’d strongly consider using a buyout there because I’m not sure he’s worth anything in a trade. 

Wonder what chipman was thinking 

28 goals against in 5 games. Yikes. The team D got exposed 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets lost to a juggernaut. Played their best game tonight. Showed heart and pushback. Really did. They had a solid year but I would hope they recognize that some change is necessary especially on the defensive end. 

Dillon and miller won’t be back. 
pionk should be gone. Schmidt is actually a find 3 d man. Demelo is ufa also 

Toffoli obviously a rental. Think they would move Iafallo and his 4 million cap hit. Perhaps one of Ehlers or Connor also.  Connor prob has more value. Think this series showed that our best game was our last one and it wasn’t good enough. 

ch ch. changes coming. 

gotta wonder if this is the end of Bowness. 

jets didn’t collapse and die tonight so that’s definitely a good sign. 

Agreed. I think they definitely played better tonight and thankfully didn't just collapse and give up

Comes down to Scheifele and the gang thinking they could hang with rantanen mack and makar. Lowry did an ok job shutting down Mack but tonight they gave up 3 to them. Scheifele non factor Vilardi must be hurt. Ehlers not great. Monahan didn’t play. Toffoli was a bust. It is what it is. PK really killed them also. Did all year. Pionk also. Take Stanley out and pionk turns it over 50 x more. 

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Anyone think we may have lost to the Stanley Cup champions in the first round again?

oh good I'm not the only person who has noticed this pattern, annoying isn't it?

In hindsight, maybe signing Helle and 55 to long terms and not blowing it up a bit allowing youngsters more opportunities to change the make up of this squad while giving LB a place to start wasn’t the best moves. Chevy is ultimately responsible for results because he hires the coach and brings in the players, I guess time will tell. All I can say is that the  definition of insanity is really strong on this team right now 😟

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

In hindsight, maybe signing Helle and 55 to long terms and not blowing it up a bit allowing youngsters more opportunities to change the make up of this squad while giving LB a place to start wasn’t the best moves. Chevy is ultimately responsible for results because he hires the coach and brings in the players, I guess time will tell. All I can say is that the  definition of insanity is really strong on this team right now 😟

Based on the way they played all season and the dollar value of the deals, I commend Chevy on extending the two. But, he's still a middling GM, on a middling team, with middling talent. 

I can't wait for True North to blame the fans. 

Whelp, results aside (the problems this team has have been and will be beaten to death), my boys had a blast at the game yesterday. The crowd was into it so they got the full whiteout experience, and my older son especially couldn't wipe the grin off his face for most of the first period just looking at the spectacle of it all. From that aspect, last night was a success.

The biggest thing to me was they didn’t fold and die. 

you can see we were severely exposed defensively. Pionk was a liability all series. Stan didn’t play last night but was a give away machine when he did. You can teach systems and all this but if a player just makes a dumb play. That’s on the player. This series showed me we need to seriously improve the D. Morrissey Samberg and Demelo are all we got. Only guys who can make a pass. Miller stood out but not cuz he was great. He was solid but stood out cuz he wasn’t pionk or Stanley. 

35 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Whelp, results aside (the problems this team has have been and will be beaten to death), my boys had a blast at the game yesterday. The crowd was into it so they got the full whiteout experience, and my older son especially couldn't wipe the grin off his face for most of the first period just looking at the spectacle of it all. From that aspect, last night was a success.

They are like 7 and 13 in the whiteout or something. They got the full losing experience. That’s what matters.