Round 1 : Game 2 - Colorado

lol. Jets got dominated for 2 periods. It’s not just Helle. They won’t win playing Colorado’s game and they have been. Hopefully in Colorado we find our game cuz if we don’t we are done in 5. This is not how the Jets win. This is very high event hockey, that’s Colorados game not ours. Sportsnet is thrilled tho. 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Home ice advantage Avs … not good 😟

Why? Jets are like 9 and 16 in the whiteout or something. They lose more. Jets better suited for the road games. 

My only concern after 2 games is I’m not sure what the game plan is. This isn’t jets hockey. If we don’t get back to playing jets hockey it’s over. If they pull their heads out their asses and realize you can’t go back and forth with the Avs, jets still have a very very good chance at winning the series. It really does come down to playing our game vs playing Colorados. I feel it might be easier on the road. 

Jets were solid for 10 minutes. Played jets hockey the first 10 then got away from it. Think the Stanley experience needs to end. He’s just to slow to keep up. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

lol. Jets got dominated for 2 periods. It’s not just Helle.  

Absolutely. Except that it was 50 min of getting dominated. And the tiring narrative around Helle, the “best goalie in the world” and “shoe in for the Vezina trophy” gets very aggravating when it doesn’t translate into playoff performance.

Like, it doesn’t really matter at all what you do in the regular season if you can’t back it up in the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’d probably sit Toffoli or Ehlers next game for Perfetti. 

Toffoli invisible. Slow.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets need to stop paying Colorado’s back and forth game tho. 

Yeah, except that it’s really just back. Very little forth. Was at the game tonight and we were getting dominated zone time. Really only evened out after the Avs got the two goal lead and sat back to defend. They have been better than us in both ends of the rink.

Physically dominated again, same old song, i just don't think we have the player's for that type of game, what's scary is that Chevy thinks this team IS built for a physical series. Put in Miller, Schmidt hopefully Barron is back will help. But will Bowness do that? 

I just don't understand the difficulty the Jets are having in bringing consistent high levels of structured intensity to their every shift.

Puck battles, forechecking, back checking etc lacks energy that is totally opposite of how the Avs are playing.

To me that means lack of preparation, discipline, focus etc.

9 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Absolutely. Except that it was 50 min of getting dominated. And the tiring narrative around Helle, the “best goalie in the world” and “shoe in for the Vezina trophy” gets very aggravating when it doesn’t translate into playoff performance.

Like, it doesn’t really matter at all what you do in the regular season if you can’t back it up in the playoffs. 

Toffoli invisible. Slow.

Toffoli didn't seem in the game at all. No energy, disinterested.  

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Physically dominated again, same old song, i just don't think we have the player's for that type of game, what's scary is that Chevy thinks this team IS built for a physical series. Put in Miller, Schmidt hopefully Barron is back will help. But will Bowness do that? 

They made it clear Barron won't be ready til game 5 I wish he could make the same recovery progress KConn made

9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

They made it clear Barron won't be ready til game 5 I wish he could make the same recovery progress KConn made

So you hope Barron is a liability for 5 weeks? I don’t get the Connor comparison. Connor absolutely sucked when he came back. He’s playing great now. Actually back checking but don’t get the comparison 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

So you hope Barron is a liability for 5 weeks? I don’t get the Connor comparison. Connor absolutely sucked when he came back. He’s playing great now. Actually back checking but don’t get the comparison 

I think what iHeart was saying is that she was hoping the recovery for Barron would be quicker than the week that we were told.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I understood his comment to mean he’s hoping that Barron can make a quick physical recovery ahead of his timeline, like Connor did. Not necessarily saying he wants him to play like Connor did when he returns. But I could be wrong?? 🙂 

oops! I see someone already addressed this confusion and in a much more concise way than I! I would remove my comment but I don’t know how!

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

24 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I think what iHeart was saying is that she was hoping the recovery for Barron would be quicker than the week that we were told.

Makes sense. Let’s hope. I heard game 5 at the earliest. 

Toffoli needs to sit. So does Stan. Actually pionk should but we all know he won’t. Dude is just a tire fire, leads the league in causing chaos in our own zone, so many turnovers and giveaways and just can’t make a pass the last 15 games now. Major liability. Pionk Dillon are being absolutely caved and owned and it’s their inability to clear the puck that is killing them. 

Josh is playing like a stud. Him and Makar are both such dynamic D men. You can see it. Both such strong effortless skaters. Just 2 stud d men. 

Pionk Dillon = tire fire. Stan Samberg = tire fire. 

samberg Schmidt were like top 3 D pairing this year in the league defensively.  With pionk playing how he is right now less tirefire is better. You can’t have 2 D pairs being caved all night. 

Ehlers picked on cuz he’s the only guy with the puck ever on that line. So his mistakes are more obvious because well, he’s the only guy with the puck on that line. Monahan and Toffoli can’t keep up. 

here’s a try at game 3 roster. 

connor Scheifele Vilardi (no complaints there currently) 

Ehlers Monahan Perfetti 

Nino lowry Appleton 

Gus names Iafallo. 

morrisey Demelo 

Dillon pionk

samberg Schmidt 

Helle. (But if he sucks, it’s bro game 4) 

Edited by Goalie

Poached from the Hockey Writers (Mark Zlomistic):

Avalanche    Statistic    Jets
58.3%    SF    41.7%
59.8%    SCF    40.2%
56.8%    HDCF    43.2%
65.2%    xGF    34.8%

Yikes. Need to flip that script in Game 3 please and thank you.

Toffoli is fine, so is Ehlers. What is killing us is our back end is slow and not moving the puck well at all vs their forecheck. Stanley is simply too slow to play in this series, Samberg and Dillon are both struggling at getting the puck out of the zone. If lineup changes need to be made, I would start by putting in Nate for Stan. We need a defenceman on each pairing capable of beating their speed on the wing back to the puck in our zone. It's killing us right now. Love Big Stan's physical game right now but he can't skate with Mackinnon/Rantanen et al. He is getting turned around way too much and they are getting our zone too easily. Dillon, Samberg, and Pionk are all struggling against the forecheck as well but it is more fixable for them.

Our forwards need to be bogging down neutral ice more as well. We can't let the lanche come with speed. They have elite team speed and that is what is turning this series right now. 

Edited by GCn20