Round 1 : Game 2 - Colorado

mmqrrx07d7q9tltfgufs.jpg

Streaks: L1 @ W9
Last 10 Games: 4-5-1 @ 9-1-0
Injuries:
 COL - Jonathan Drouin (lower body), Samuel Girard (upper body), Justus Annunen (illness)
 WPG - Barron(lower body)

Notes:  COL sends former Jets draft pick/Moose goalie Arvid Holm to the AHL for Ivan Prosvetov.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Adam Proteau from the hockey News is thinking the Jets are going home early.

Thinks if the the Avs can get good goaltending, their domination of the Jets in the first game and the Jets porous defensive play might be difficult for the Jets to overcome and uses last years Jets first win against the Knights than 4 straight losses as something that might come again.

I'm hoping last years team and this years team are two different beasts that makes his comparison flawed not to mention the fact that we were one of the better defensive teams this year that hopefully can show it's self in game two.

The problem is not just the goaltending. The whole defensive structure of the AVS sucks. 

National media also don't realize that the Jets may not have the top-end league leaders on their roster, but they are deep, and every line can score. I thought the Monahan Ehlers Toffoli line was the best in game 1, and they did not even score. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Thinks if the the Avs can get good goaltending, their domination of the Jets in the first game and the Jets porous defensive play might be difficult for the Jets to overcome and uses last years Jets first win against the Knights than 4 straight losses as something that might come again.

I'm hoping last years team and this years team are two different beasts that makes his comparison flawed not to mention the fact that we were one of the better defensive teams this year that hopefully can show it's self in game two.

He probably also thinks that because Auston Matthews scored in game 2 that Toronto is now going to rattle off 3 more straight wins and beat Boston because Auston Matthews 

Everyone is so eager to throw away the regular season matchups... but the fact is that the Jets dominated the Avs in all 3 meetings.

Also conveniently lost in this, is that the Jets played Colorado's "game" in game 1 and still WON.     Jets play Jets hockey the rest of the series, I'm confident we're going to round 2.

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Adam Proteau is a Leafs fan. In order to be a Leafs fan the prerequisite is that you must have really poor takes on what it takes to be successful in the playoffs with just a touch of obliviousness. Therefore, I take his opinion with a massive amount of skepticism. As others have said, he also thinks Matthews will lead the Leafs to the promised land. That is delusional.

The hockey news has been used for years at my parents house. Just so happens to be an excellent paper to use on the bottom of bird cages. 

I’ve been told I got game 5 tickets if I want them for me and my daughter. Think I may take my friend up on that offer. All I have to do is help him move. 

Samberg a natural left shot d man playing on the right side. Think Stanley’s lack of defensive iq Is a bigger concern. Yes he’s big but he’s very slow and doesn’t appear to be in the right spots on D kinda leaving samberg on an island.