GAME 1: Avs @ Jets

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helle deserves a jacket. So does Lowry. Damn near 50 shots given up ain’t a good thing. 

samberg good minus the giveaway which may have been stans fault. Stan slow but not awful minus the giveaway by samberg. He gave him no outlet 

jets played Colorado game today. Not sure why. We won. So yay.  But this isn’t remotely close to how we played the season series with them. 17 to 4. 7 6 today. Gave up more goals today. 

Edited by Goalie

One of the most unsatisfying wins in recent memory but no where but up in cleaning up our defensive assignments and schemes to generate hope that this type of game is one and down for the series. Type of game that non Jet Av fans probably loved to watch.

This is what i have been talking about, toughness, we have to be more physical. The question is do we have the player's to survive a series? We need to match Colorado' s physical play or this series is done. I expect the Jets to be better next game.

Ugly ugly.... But Helle was better than people might think. He made a ton of huge saves. It was just way more "firewagon" than the Jets normally play. I expect 1-0 in G2. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Helle was great. Georgiev sucked. Not good today regardless of 1 0. 

Helle sucked ,Pionk was terrible again. Good things Avs goalie was one goal worse. But we showed we can score with the best of em . Lets get back to pour structure ,well win the series.

Edited by Piggy 1

Garry Galley (whom is my fave color commenter) put it the best, this game never felt safe.

Case in point was when KC put up us 6-3, no way did I feel this game is in the bag.

This game's feeling brought back memories playing the 85/86 Oilers.

We're up 13-1 going into the 3rd period thinking is this enough? Nope, lost 15-13.

I'm exaggerating for effect but not by much.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Garry Galley (whom is my fave color commenter) put it the best, this game never felt safe.

Case in point was when KC put up us 6-3, no way did I feel this game is in the bag.

This game's feeling brought back memories playing the 85/86 Oilers.

We're up 13-1 going into the 3rd period thinking is this enough? Nope, lost 15-13.

I'm exaggerating for effect but not by much.

This statement reminds me of the last 2 Grey Cups :(

Moving-Pictures-Demonstrating-Sad-Images

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The MacKinnon 5-hole goal.

I was enthralled in listening to Jake Allen break that goal down from a Goalies perspective. 

For example, it was not the five hole, it was the triangle spot that was hit by NM. 

I think with seasoning Jake Allen will fit in nicely in the Broadcast booth if that's something he wants to do after his playing days are over.

56 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I was enthralled in listening to Jake Allen break that goal down from a Goalies perspective. 

For example, it was not the five hole, it was the triangle spot that was hit by NM. 

I think with seasoning Jake Allen will fit in nicely in the Broadcast booth if that's something he wants to do after his playing days are over.

As a former goaltender myself I never heard it once called the triangle but it makes sense. I actually put the pads on after I heard him say that and yup there’s a triangle when you go down. Really enjoyed Allen actually. 

We don't want to get into a shootout with these guys....Tighten up defensively and give Helle a lot more support...Too many Avs allowed to walk right in on Helle unimpeded....Like the way we responded in that one every time they one upped us ...good sign....The bad was taking dumb penalties....got to stay out of the box and I think we have a good shot at taking this series