2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

The post-season is upon us again. All your non-Jets playoff talk goes here.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Washington @ NYRangers
Tampa @ Florida
Toronto @ Boston
NYIslanders @ Carolina

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Colorado @ Frauds
VGK @ Dallas
LAK @ Edmonton
NSH @ Vancouver

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I'm torn on Vegas, because **** Bettman "sun belt" teams, but they're also basically Manitoba-South...... 

...Roy and the Isles? Definitely can go **** themselves. Hard no thank you. 

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I will always cheer on the never won a cup teams. Been so long for TOR I guess I could include them.

On the other hand as long as Bettman is commish, no Canuck team can win. 30 years that streak!

Never. Toronto can go 100 more years and that still wouldn't be enough.

Nashville sucks.  Those jerseys of theirs look like a pee-filled ashtray.  Yellow and grey, what colorblind fuckstick signed off on that  ******* garbage?

Leafs suck the shitpipe like a Skydome sump pump. Forget the equinox -- Leafs Elimination Day is the real first day of spring.  Here's hoping for an early spring this year.  Ideally, the Leafs will move to Salt Lake City this offseason.  In conclusion, **** the Leafs.

Vegas sucks.  Hockey in the desert is stupid.  Pack that **** up and move it to Quebec City.  Plus Vegas stole the Raiders and now they are stealing the A's.  **** Vegas.  They are a thief city.

Speaking of thief cities, the Avalanche suck.  Stole a Stanley Cup from Quebec City.  Je me souviens.  I hope their zamboni crashes.

Kings suck because the NHL has been a **** league since Gretzky landed there. 

Oilers suck because they were so loaded that they could sell Gretzky to the Kings and still win a Cup two years later.  I'm still bitter about 1990.  You should never win anything after trading the GOAT.  Plus, did you know that Peter Pocklington is from Regina?

Vancouver sucks because their fans are manbabies who riot win or lose.  May they be loser rioters this year and every year following.

Dallas sucks.  Everything is bigger in Texas.  Thus, Dallas sucks bigly.

Boston is an interesting edge case in suckage studies. On one hand, it's a **** city, its harbor is made of sewage, its weather is awful and its population is highly contrary. Rooting for the Bruins will put some black mold on your soul. On the other hand, I really truly 100% appreciate how they devise a new heartbreak for the Leafs every year.

Go Jets (and Bruins)

Edited by johnzo

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

sort of playoff related: 

I know we were supposed to not talk about the Jets here but if I'm Bones I'm playing Brossy and Perfetti and resting anybody that isn't 100% right now.  No point pushing someone that isn't healthy.  We win, great, but it's not the end of the world if we don't here.  That being said, I really detest Vancouver and would glory in their total destruction, especially after that last 5-0 ****-kicking they gave us.

Posted (edited)

The Golden Knights will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Pacific Division and play EDM:

If they defeat the Anaheim Ducks in any fashion.

OR

If they get one point against the Ducks AND the Los Angeles Kings lose to the Chicago Blackhawks in any fashion.

OR

If the Kings lose to the Blackhawks in regulation.

The Los Angeles Kings will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Pacific Division and play EDM:

If they defeat the Blackhawks in any fashion AND the Golden Knights lose to the Ducks in any fashion.

OR

If they get one point against the Blackhawks AND the Golden Knights lose to the Ducks in regulation.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So you're saying that the Kings will be playing Edmonton in the first round...interesting...

I was psyched for Monday, oh well.

I want VGK to play EDM just to get one headache out of the way :D

On 2024-04-18 at 10:33 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I want VGK to play EDM just to get one headache out of the way :D

looks like I was right, though I honestly thought I was kidding when I wrote that, had no idea Vegas would lose to pathetic Anaheim.  What was that all about?

I’m assuming Nashville beats Vancouver here. Edmonton beats LA. 
dallas over Vegas. Us over Colorado. 

in this scenario is it not Dallas Nashville rd 2 and Winnipeg Edmonton? 

Edited by Goalie

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’m assuming Nashville beats Vancouver here. Edmonton beats LA. 
dallas over Vegas. Us over Colorado. 

in this scenario is it not Dallas Nashville rd 2 and Winnipeg Edmonton? 

We play DAL/VGK apparently https://www.nhl.com/playoffs/2024/bracket

Don't seem right...don't seem right :(

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We play DAL/VGK apparently https://www.nhl.com/playoffs/2024/bracket

Don't seem right...don't seem right :(

Yes I see that now. Interesting. Thought it was based on 1 through 8. Guess not. But I guess it’s 1 vs 8. Division winner 3 seed Vancouver vs 7 seed Nashville. 

2 division and 2 conference jets vs 3rd central avs. Yeah. Ok. Makes sense. lol. In rd 2 we could not have home ice but Vancouver could Is interesting 

Winnipeg vs Vegas. Exercise those demons 

edm vs Nashville  

Winnipeg Edmonton. 

that’s what I’m hoping for out of the West then. 

perhaps more wild. 

Winnipeg would not have home ice against Dallas if they beat Vegas rd 1. But if Winnipeg beat Dallas, they would have home ice regardless of who wins between Edmonton/LA Van/Nash. 

Edited by Goalie