Depth Chart

Floyd

I hate how many people lost their jobs because Burke was painfully unqualified to be a head coach. 

Um, so far its only Crowton, Garber and Mack who have lost their jobs...  but they all sucked.

Cutting Hef - that was ridiculous... aside from that, who has really been turfed because of Burke?

I hate how many people lost their jobs because Burke was painfully unqualified to be a head coach. 

Um, so far its only Crowton, Garber and Mack who have lost their jobs...  but they all sucked.

Cutting Hef - that was ridiculous... aside from that, who has really been turfed because of Burke?

well all of these coaches are going to lose their jobs too, lots of players, hell Joey Elliott might be a starting qb if not for Burkes dislike of him, he's certainly still better than what we're using now. You could likely even throw Buchko in there too because if this season doesn't turn to **** like it did he likely doesn't get fired either. 

I think the big reason for the changes on offense is to get a good evaluation of our quarterbacks. Give them the best possible oline and see what they can do. I don't mind what they are doing there. Pencer does need playing time to develop, but we know he'll be back next year, so might as well focus on getting a good read on the QBs.

well all of these coaches are going to lose their jobs too, lots of players, hell Joey Elliott might be a starting qb if not for Burkes dislike of him, he's certainly still better than what we're using now. You could likely even throw Buchko in there too because if this season doesn't turn to **** like it did he likely doesn't get fired either. 

Are you really going to pretend that is true?

We don't have to pretend.

Has Joey Elliott not shown beyond a shadow of a doubt... that he is a far better quarterback than Max Hall and Goltz?

That's all he would really have to be, here.  Doesn't matter that he's a 4th option for BC.

Has Joey Elliott not shown beyond a shadow of a doubt... that he is a far better quarterback than Max Hall and Goltz?

That's all he would really have to be, here.  Doesn't matter that he's a 4th option for BC.

He did a damned sight better than what we've used this year with the same players largely in place and the same coaches so it's really not much of a stretch to say he was better than these guys. 

Some of us think Elliott was a good player, better than anything we currently have. Some of you disagree.

I think if we kept Elliott as our starter and cut Buck lose in the offseason we would be in better shape than we are now. Sadly, we will never know.

Seriously, if there were a pro-Elliott/anti-Elliott debate thread it would be 90 pages long, and would repeat itself over and over. Are we really going to do this again?

you guys are funny. we have loser qbs so you pine away for an equally loser qb.

Elliott may not be the answer... but you cannot seriously call him an "equally loser qb"

Elliott was capable of great games.  2 OPOTW's speak to that.  He was also turnover prone at the worst time... when Burke took charge... and became a casualty.

Goltz, Hall, and Pierce have been beyond terrible this year.  TJ Rubley watches the 2013 Bomber O and laughs...

Some of us think Elliott was a good player, better than anything we currently have. Some of you disagree.

I think if we kept Elliott as our starter and cut Buck lose in the offseason we would be in better shape than we are now. Sadly, we will never know.

Seriously, if there were a pro-Elliott/anti-Elliott debate thread it would be 90 pages long, and would repeat itself over and over. Are we really going to do this again?

I certainly hope so.

no.. Elliot would have suffered behind our horrible O-line and shitty "expanded for cfl" nfl/ncaa playbook equally..

Or thrown as many picks trying to do too much like the rest of these QBs.

Elliott played behind that exact same offensive line and with that exact same offensive coordinator last season and showed better than any of the guys we used this year, that is the entire point here. He proved he could make it work at least some of the time as opposed to the complete and utter failures we've seen this season.