Depth Chart

Floyd

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2013/DepthvsBC093002.pdf

Well then.

Really wonder why we're starting Etienne at SB instead of Kohlert.  Hope Foster steps up his game.

Just having a hard time believing that Palliwoda, Pencer or Kowalczuk can't even play Guard in the CFL.

For that matter, why put the two green tackles together...  So does Westerman or Williams knock Hall out of the game

Bo Smith injured after two plays, Rene Stephan on the 9-game... 

Would much rather see Carter and McKnight in the lineup than Poblah and D'Angelis

Well then.

Really wonder why we're starting Etienne at SB instead of Kohlert.  Hope Foster steps up his game.

Just having a hard time believing that Palliwoda, Pencer or Kowalczuk can't even play Guard in the CFL.

For that matter, why put the two green tackles together...  So does Westerman or Williams knock Hall out of the game

Would much rather see Carter and McKnight in the lineup than Poblah and D'Angelis

Kohlert is starting at strong side wideout, where he has played the last 3 games.

Well then.

Kohlert is starting at strong side wideout, where he has played the last 3 games.

Because Edwards and Denmark are better...  you usually try to play your best guys at SB

This Depth Chart angers me.  We might as well be in full-on evaluation mode... yet we choose to field this flaming mess of "best we's got"

We have long known what we have in Labbe... a below-average LB that can play teams and should never start.  We don't know what we have in last year's 1st rounder Pencer, but we sit him and play an American at Guard; something we are HIGHLY unlikely to do next year.  We don't know what we have in Sims-Walker... we know he's had a decent cup of coffee in the NFL, but we haven't been able to put him on the field up here? 

The biggest kick in the nuts is Wild playing backup.  The guy has arguably been a top 3 defender for us most of the year... and he gets benched for Labbe and an import Guard.  Burke's a class act.

Better yet, start Volny to see if we have anything in him.  If we do... maybe that means we choose to spend a draft pick on a NI RB so that this can be an NI position; and we can have the NI flexibility that Harris and Cornish afford BC and Cowtown. 

A team starting Pencer, Volny, Sims-Walker, and Wild this week would tell me they're serious about evaluating next year's talent base.  Strangely enough, it might actually be a better roster to field.

Well then.

Because Edwards and Denmark are better...  you usually try to play your best guys at SB

So you're wondering why Kohlert is not playing SB and Etienne at WR?  Kohlert might be marginally better than Etienne because he has more playing time, but I don't think it's a far stretch to say that Etienne can't perform just as good in that position.   

Better yet, start Volny to see if we have anything in him. 

I think this is the best case scenario when we needed an extra NI starter anyway! I don't know that Ford is all that, so if we're looking for the best balance in the roster I think Volny and Wild starting is a much better use of the roster than Labbe and Ford starting. 

Really don't like us going with this 3 imports on the o-line crap.  Gotta give Pencer some more time in there.  And as if Kowalczuk cannot start for a game or come in if Pencer really struggles.

This is just even more evidence that Delmonaco has to be gone.  How long has Kowalczuk been here now?  3 years?  And no development?  Comon, throw him in there.

we're terrible

3 imports on the o-line sucks ratio wise, but January and the two new imports are our best linemen.  Let's just hope they play like it.

yeah but I think most of the issues crop up with the thoughts that it's starting a chain reaction across the roster that sees other areas get weaker just in the hopes that this actually works to get the offense rolling. 

Except our two import OL weren't our best guys last game...  Jones played quite well but Odell figured Knapp out halfway through the game and abused him for most of the second half.  I actually thought Pencer had a good game - especially for his second game - shows what I know I guess, oh well.

Except our two import OL weren't our best guys last game...  Jones played quite well but Odell figured Knapp out halfway through the game and abused him for most of the second half.  I actually thought Pencer had a good game - especially for his second game - shows what I know I guess, oh well.

Pencer was letting the guy in front of him have too much penetration... you weren't seeing him get blown past but it was having an effect on our running game (making the bounce outside have to go really deep/not opening a hole inside) and was letting Willis take an inside route on Knapp more easily than he should have been able to.

This lineup sucks. Terrible roster management.

Knapp got figured out half way through the game but he gets the chance to play guard where he's never played instead of using a NI? That alone is poor logic.

However through in having to start Labbe at MLB which we know doesn't work and the subsequent benching of Wild who's been a bright spot, the rotation of 3 NI receivers instead of seeing Simms Walker and it just makes me not want to go to the game.

Maybe if they promised to publicly fire Burke at half time or if I donated $25 to help pay off the stadium I could punch Burke in the face.

Pencer was letting the guy in front of him have too much penetration... you weren't seeing him get blown past but it was having an effect on our running game (making the bounce outside have to go really deep/not opening a hole inside) and was letting Willis take an inside route on Knapp more easily than he should have been able to.

Willis just started bullrushing Knapp...  our second INT is just Knapp getting cleanly beat - Pencer has nothing to do with that.

I guess all I am saying is that Pencer did not look out of place - our whole line had a tough time at different points.  You can't say Greaves or Sorenson were getting any push.  Just don't think its worth benching him especially with the ratio mess.