Around The NHL 2023-24

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I get that players should not be gambling, but given that Gretzky and McDavid are doing commercials in support of gambling sites with the full approval of the NHL, I’d be a bit pissed about the seeming contradiction if I was Pinto. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I get that players should not be gambling, but given that Gretzky and McDavid are doing commercials in support of gambling sites with the full approval of the NHL, I’d be a bit pissed about the seeming contradiction if I was Pinto. 

how many beans did he lose?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Holy crap. They get a worse punishment than Chicago did for hiding up sexual assault... that's the nhl for yall.  

Chicago punishment was Connor Bedard (however,  quennville and bowman are still kinda banned) 

But that's wild 

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

Jesus what a mess that is....

With the Flames a close second. 

Excerpt from Shane Seney from the LeafsNation:

'The Jets have started 4-3-2 this season and haven’t necessarily shot themselves in the foot just yet'.

F off SS, some wonder why the Leafs are so hated outside of Ontario. It's just so irritating to read. I hope their 2 game losing streak continues.

On 2023-11-02 at 10:35 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

With the Flames a close second. 

Excerpt from Shane Seney from the LeafsNation:

'The Jets have started 4-3-2 this season and haven’t necessarily shot themselves in the foot just yet'.

F off SS, some wonder why the Leafs are so hated outside of Ontario. It's just so irritating to read. I hope their 2 game losing streak continues.

Losing streak now at 4 plus the Jets have the same record as the Leafs. Leaf fans just garble all the crap that comes out of the Toronto media that panders to them to keep the eyeballs glued.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Losing streak now at 4 plus the Jets have the same record as the Leafs. Leaf fans just garble all the crap that comes out of the Toronto media that panders to them to keep the eyeballs glued.

They think they're the gold standard for everyone else to compare themselves to.

Barf. 

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Ken Holland LOL

God what a dumpster fire of an org. How did Oilers fans buy the hype? They were so clearly flawed and never confronted their holes

I wouldn't count them out yet, not when you have the best player in the world on your team but the perfect storm may be brewing if they somehow lose their next game to the Sharks.

That would be a big yikes.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I wouldn't count them out yet, not when you have the best player in the world on your team but the perfect storm may be brewing if they somehow lose their next game to the Sharks.

According to the new RBC commercial Auston Mathews is the best player in the World.

The title of a story by Rupert McDonald, from the hockey writers:

'3 Flames Trade Targets to Help Jonathan Huberdeau'

Maybe this is JH's new power move.

Last year it was Sutter was the problem.

This year it's you don't have the support on the ice that I need to excel.

Wonder what it will be next year?

On 2023-11-07 at 1:54 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Well, there it is.

A 3-2L.

Yikes.

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The title of a story by Rupert McDonald, from the hockey writers:

'3 Flames Trade Targets to Help Jonathan Huberdeau'

Maybe this is JH's new power move.

Last year it was Sutter was the problem.

This year it's you don't have the support on the ice that I need to excel.

Wonder what it will be next year?

Well, there it is.

A 3-2L.

Yikes.

They're FOURTEEN points back of LA for 3rd in the Pacific twelve games into the season. Insane.