• 3 cooked, boneless, chicken breasts
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup blue cheese dressing
  • 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
  • Tostitos scoops

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a crock pot over low heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Million Dollar Dip

INGREDIENTS

(Makes about 3 cups)

1/2 cup chopped crisp-cooked bacon (6 to 8 slices)

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise

1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic

1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

1/2 cup slivered almonds, very lightly toasted

4 thinly sliced green onions

Heat source of choice (I like the flavour of tabasco…always have)

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, use a spatula to thoroughly mix all ingredients together.

It can probably be refrigerated overnight to allow flavours to blend, but I wouldn’t know.

I serve dip immediately with tortilla chips or other snacks for dipping.

Barbeque Chicken

Season the pieces with seasoning salt several hours ahead of time

Let your BBQ go up to about 450 F, before you put the meat on

Then turn the heat all the way down and adjust your knobs, until the temperature is around 275 F

Flip the pieces after 5 minutes, then after that about every 10 minutes

Don’t wait too long for the first flip, you don’t want to lose any skin

The meat will be ready in about 45 minutes (Wings around 30 min). Brush on your preferred BBQ sauce after 20 minutes, once on each side. (I like kraft regular mixed with teriyaki)

Chicken is ready when it has an internal temp of 165 F – for best results – do not let it go higher than 175 F

Make sure thighs and drumsticks have the right temperature – they can easily be raw at the centre

Rest for 5 minutes, in a covered dish

My wife is preparing every appy under the sun for Sunday. A couple of her popular items are the jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped stuffing, and (if you've ever been to Montana's for appies) her version of antejitos....... but there will be a ton of other stuff.... wings, dry ribs, chips and dip, meat/cheese/pickles trays...... it'll be ridiculous, but she loves to make that stuff. We also managed to smuggle an array of Manitoba beer from various breweries in our checked bag last weekend so there will be plenty of that for the game as well....

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My wife is preparing every appy under the sun for Sunday. A couple of her popular items are the jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped stuffing, and (if you've ever been to Montana's for appies) her version of antejitos....... but there will be a ton of other stuff.... wings, dry ribs, chips and dip, meat/cheese/pickles trays...... it'll be ridiculous, but she loves to make that stuff. We also managed to smuggle an array of Manitoba beer from various breweries in our checked bag last weekend so there will be plenty of that for the game as well....

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Antejitos are the absolute bomb.

What delicious monstrosity have you unleashed?

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/antojitos/

God Damn!

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

i should be there by 3

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

i should be there by 3

we'd love to have ya, buddy! Ha ha. It's a quick 2 hour plane ride, and a short 1 hour drive....but I'm pretty sure 17to85 could pick ya up along the way. Lol.. You have never seen a Bombers fan rec room like my basement.... it's a sight to behold. 

51 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Precisely that one. I like them with a ribeye and a 1919.

Can’t beat rib eye!

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Smoked cream cheese is a super easy appetizer that is always a hit.  

what all does it involve is it like jalapeño poppers? 

also a game day favourite of mine is fried chicken. Marinated in 50/50 mix of buttermilk and dill pickle brine, throw in a half cup or so of franks red hot buffalo sauce. Makes for such juicy chicken with a hint of sweet and spicy. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

what all does it involve is it like jalapeño poppers? 

Literary just seasoning a brick of cream cheese with your favorite rub or seasoning and throwing it on the smoker for a little bit.  It'll get soft so you can use it as a dip for chips, crackers or veggies.

I usually do a few different flavors (taco seasoning is always a crowd favorite).  

https://www.orwhateveryoudo.com/2021/08/traeger-smoked-cream-cheese.html

6 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Literary just seasoning a brick of cream cheese with your favorite rub or seasoning and throwing it on the smoker for a little bit.  It'll get soft so you can use it as a dip for chips, crackers or veggies.

I usually do a few different flavors (taco seasoning is always a crowd favorite).  

https://www.orwhateveryoudo.com/2021/08/traeger-smoked-cream-cheese.html

That sounds awesome I’m gonna have to try that. 

Texas nachos - inspired by Planet Hollywood San Antonio (a one-bite snack):

Pan fry bacon and break into an inch long segment

Cook chicken breast in oven until done, dice up into one inch long strips

Dice up tomato so it will fit over chicken strip

Either a Tostitos round or scoop as the base

Bacon on the bottom, diced chicken breast and diced tomato on top of it

Glob of Bullseye BBQ sauce over top of each chip to keep it all together 

Sprinkle grated marble cheese over top of each chip individually, broil until the cheese is melted

Assembly takes some time, so better if you are making for a group, but 6-8 per person is quite a tasty and filling snack  

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Precisely that one. I like them with a ribeye and a 1919.

I have to try that 1919.

side note- I really wish one of the local micros would make a nitrogenated Irish cream ale- like a locally brewed Kilkenny. I would be buying Kegs of that stuff.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy