Grey Cup Party Foods

Firekid

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I have to try that 1919.

side note- I really wish one of the local micros would make a nitrogenated Irish cream ale- like a locally brewed Kilkenny. I would be buying Kegs of that stuff.

Yes! Love a Kilkenny even if it is mass produced watered down stuff. Also solid for a mass produced nitro beer is Boddingtons

45 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I have to try that 1919

Belgian type ale, you will not be disappointed.

I have to try that 1919

I have to try that 1919

I have to try that 1919

foodwise I am simple. my usual Grey Cup thing is a trough of poutine.  I get some oven fries and some real nice curds from the fancy cheese store. maybe some chopped bacon in there, some green onions, whatever else is lying around.  Assemble in baking pan, cook in oven, cover with envelope gravy and lots of good coarse pepper.  delicious.

If I get inspired to peel some ginger tomorrow, I might have some homemade ginger ale too.  Alas I can't drink anything harder anymore, doctor's orders.

my birthday falls near the Grey Cup so sometimes there is leftover cake too!

Edited by johnzo

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hcfd5tvba9umb1pfk3

Besides a Vodka Martini, there'll be wings, shrimp & calamari appetizers as well as nachos & chip dip. And an almost full bottle of Jack Daniels, I'll be enjoying. Some friends are coming over so it's BYOB. My wife doesn't drink hard stuff. She's a wine afficinado.  I'll definitely pay for this on Monday with the decadent food & drink but being retired I'll weather the pain at home. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Our wifi had stopped working. When it came back on, several replies were posted, for whatever reason. 

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

foodwise I am simple. my usual Grey Cup thing is a trough of poutine.  I get some oven fries and some real nice curds from the fancy cheese store. maybe some chopped bacon in there, some green onions, whatever else is lying around.  Assemble in baking pan, cook in oven, cover with envelope gravy and lots of good coarse pepper.  delicious.

If I get inspired to peel some ginger tomorrow, I might have some homemade ginger ale too.  Alas I can't drink anything harder anymore, doctor's orders.

my birthday falls near the Grey Cup so sometimes there is leftover cake too!

Hope you get a nice early birthday present this Sunday.