Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Mahfuggin GDT!

Noeller

Just now, CodyT said:

Question to our posters with high football iq. What's up with our d line? Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems this season we get decent pressure but we aren't getting the sacks

We don’t have a nose tackle and we still gap cancel like we do. We sacrifice blitz to get ends free instead of to create pressure. And it just doesn’t work.  Jj is our bull too. Wj plays the pass as much as the pass rush. Jj is the second layer rusher who finishes and who gets after the qb every snap. Missing him hurts a lot too. 

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Question to our posters with high football iq. What's up with our d line? Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems this season we get decent pressure but we aren't getting the sacks

My take is they not as fresh cause we went away from having 4 true DE types and a rotation of 8 dlineman total each game

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

No Jeffcoat.  We have one guy with speed.  Playing a DT out at end lots.  Adams 54 has no motor, has some speed but doing a lot of scraping against zone read/RPO type looks from BC.  Looked better vs Edmonton.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

We don’t have a nose tackle and we still gap cancel like we do. We sacrifice blitz to get ends free instead of to create pressure. And it just doesn’t work.  Jj is our bull too. Wj plays the pass as much as the pass rush. Jj is the second layer rusher who finishes and who gets after the qb every snap. Missing him hurts a lot too. 

And this

Just now, Booch said:

My take is they not as fresh cause we went away from having 4 true DE types and a rotation of 8 dlineman total each game

That’s certainly part of it too. Really our whole dl identity is gone. Bring stove home in the off season.  

Prukop got a real rough ride on that kick cover