3 stars plus hh banjo massacre

wbbfan

BA seems to be rounded back into form...he looks like he did in 2021

Our oline too u have to applaud....they have really gelled and come on and have started to be that consistent group who owns the line of scrimmage...right in time for fall weather...and u see it in the confidence and success in Olivieras running...he seems like night and day from first 3rd of season...and with Demski.. Mcrae..Bailey also being successful it bodes well for playoff football

Also an observation to me is that Oliveira seems a bit quicker...and likely a combo of the line play..him seeing g things better and game slowed down for him...and his confidence

Zack.......this guy delivers every game.....star qb. of great proportions

Schoen.....what a find that just keeps on getting better

Brady O ....great game and is reminding me of a back we used to have ...solid

Honourable mention....Demski, Leggs....and Willy....Willy for mostly holding his temper after being held all night

ZC: his touch on the downfield throws, means the O can score almost at will

The Defense: when you only give up 13 points, esp. when the O goes to sleep for an entire quarter and more, it doesn't matter how you did it

OL: outstanding run blocking and superb pass pro - fantastic to see them coming back to their old selves, down the stretch

HH: WJ5, for mostly keeping his cool while getting mugged all night

HHH: the guys behind me in the UD, who stopped swearing and apologized, after being told there were children present

(But your football IQ is beyond bad - whoever you were - Coors did little to improve it)

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

BA seems to be rounded back into form...he looks like he did in 2021

Our oline too u have to applaud....they have really gelled and come on and have started to be that consistent group who owns the line of scrimmage...right in time for fall weather...and u see it in the confidence and success in Olivieras running...he seems like night and day from first 3rd of season...and with Demski.. Mcrae..Bailey also being successful it bodes well for playoff football

Also an observation to me is that Oliveira seems a bit quicker...and likely a combo of the line play..him seeing g things better and game slowed down for him...and his confidence

If Brady plays all three remaining games will probably break 1000 yards who would of thought that after the first third of the season.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I thought Alexander played a good game. He had a couple of big hits. We were missing his presence for sure. Makes the receiver think twice while running in the middle of the field. 

I was holding my breath hoping that ba wouldn’t go out like mo did. Feeling much better about it now. 

and yeah ol played very well. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

1. Schoen - ROTY does it again

2. Demski - Killing his old team yet again

3. Leggz - Form tackling kicker? Are you freakin kidding me?

HH: Walker for stuffing the 3rd down gamble in the 3rd when the Riders were making a comeback.

Liegghio's TD- saving tackle was probably the changing point of the game. Had the Riders scored there, that would have put a whole different spin on the game. My first reaction was "Who made that tackle? It couldn't possibly have been Liegghio!" But it was.

maybe oshea is saving wear and tear on brady for the playoffs.

man he looked good. exploding through holes, dragging people. pounding people.

tackling him is not fun.

really looked like andrew harris.

and we know he can catch the ball, so maybe saving that for playoffs too.

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, Mark F said:

maybe oshea is saving wear and tear on brady for the playoffs.

man he looked good. exploding through holes, dragging people. pounding people.

tackling him is not fun.

really looked like andrew harris.

and we know he can catch the ball, so maybe saving that for playoffs too.

Mos doesn’t call the offensive game plan. And Brady wasn’t taking wear and tear he was inflicting it. Plus he’s like 24. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Liegghio's TD- saving tackle was probably the changing point of the game. Had the Riders scored there, that would have put a whole different spin on the game. My first reaction was "Who made that tackle? It couldn't possibly have been Liegghio!" But it was.

Not only did Leggs tackle their guy....I'm pretty sure he put him on the sidelines

Finally watched the game this morning. On initial viewing, felt the Riders were truly awful moreso than the Bombers were great. Our Man Tait raving about Holm and Parker in his post game piece, but man I thought those two got picked on BAD last night. Sure they had lots of tackles.... They were constantly targeted for good reason. Woof. Offense went to sleep for long stretches and then randomly wakes up in the 4th.... Just wildly inconsistent. On ST, was that the worst game Grant has played as a Bomber?? 

Anyhow.... 

1. Schoen. Cooper Kupp 2.0?

2. BA37 is starting to feel it again. 

3. Legghio punted well and yes the tackle was fab. 

HH - The Bombers and CFL for everything indigenous related yesterday. Absolutely LOVED the calls in Ojibway, and all the indigenous culture being showcased. Amazing. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Finally watched the game this morning. On initial viewing, felt the Riders were truly awful moreso than the Bombers were great. Our Man Tait raving about Holm and Parker in his post game piece, but man I thought those two got picked on BAD last night. Sure they had lots of tackles.... They were constantly targeted for good reason. Woof. Offense went to sleep for long stretches and then randomly wakes up in the 4th.... Just wildly inconsistent. On ST, was that the worst game Grant has played as a Bomber?? 

There was sloppiness by Grant for sure, and honestly the punt coverage gaffes didn't cost them as much as they should have

Faj made some ad lib plays on our secondary, but for most of the night they stopped the Riders (13 points, 4 turnovers)

Overall, what I saw from the stands, was a team that knew they could easily beat their opponent

28 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

There was sloppiness by Grant for sure, and honestly the punt coverage gaffes didn't cost them as much as they should have

Faj made some ad lib plays on our secondary, but for most of the night they stopped the Riders (13 points, 4 turnovers)

Overall, what I saw from the stands, was a team that knew they could easily beat their opponent

Fair enough, my friend. After reading the threads on here this afternoon, I'm feeling better about how things went. You're right about "knew they could easily beat" and turned it on when they needed to. What an incredible gift to have. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Harris was physical in he could take hits..and bounce off....Olivier inflicts hits more ...

Yeah Brady looks way thicker than Harris and is more of a just run you over runner as opposed to Harris who was more elusive. With the offensive line really starting to impose their will in the run game there are not gonna be any defenses want to face that in the cold.

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Harris was physical in he could take hits..and bounce off....Olivier inflicts hits more ...

Nah Harris inflicted some serious punishment in his time here. Elusive yes but Harris ran over people regularly as much as BO. Look no further than what Harris did in the 2019 GC as an example.

Go watch his high lights again and look me up.