Week 3 Non-Champs Games

Noeller

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

16 would be perfect for 9 team league.  Every team home and home.  League should try really hard with scheduling to not have back to backs except for the LDC's and rematches.

Players would have to take a pay cut though until they got the attendance numbers up.

Oh well. Go play in the USFL. 

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

I think that plays a part in it too. I remember in the early 2000's, the season typically started on Canada Day weekend, or the weekend before. I always felt a Canada Day start was perfect, for obvious reasons.

Yep.  I know previous Bomber front offices really complained about cottage crowds, but these June crowds over the years have been even smaller.  Start the season around Canada Day and kids being out of school.  If certain markets do better with summer Thursday nights try to get them those games, but most of those cottage issues were really the team being a painful embarrassment that people didn't want to waste their time on.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yep.  I know previous Bomber front offices really complained about cottage crowds, but these June crowds over the years have been even smaller.  Start the season around Canada Day and kids being out of school.  If certain markets do better with summer Thursday nights try to get them those games, but most of those cottage issues were really the team being a painful embarrassment that people didn't want to waste their time on.

I remember the complaints about the cottage crowds. Always found that laughable and to be a lazy excuse to be honest. If you have a good product PLUS, good, effective marketing, fans will come.

Speaking of, and maybe it's because I'm working from home and not listening to radio on the way to work like in years past, but it seems our marketing has been lacking. Yeah I know they tried the white out thing last night, but in terms of seeing or hearing a commercial on TV or the radio, I would have had no idea there was a football game last night.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Rourke is the real deal.

Throws a pretty ball, no doubt. Good for him.

The days of even the Bombers getting 30k consistently are and I'm very sorry to say long gone, people especially the younger generation have other things to do and football does not interest them. Strange though that tv ratings are still pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I remember the complaints about the cottage crowds. Always found that laughable and to be a lazy excuse to be honest. If you have a good product PLUS, good, effective marketing, fans will come.

Speaking of, and maybe it's because I'm working from home and not listening to radio on the way to work like in years past, but it seems our marketing has been lacking. Yeah I know they tried the white out thing last night, but in terms of seeing or hearing a commercial on TV or the radio, I would have had no idea there was a football game last night.

Throws a pretty ball, no doubt. Good for him.

It's a problem across the league.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Rourke has some top notch receivers helping him out, but he is playing very well

he got bailed out by Rhymes there... could have been a pick with a lot of momentum

Just now, rebusrankin said:

So if he keeps it up, Rourke has to demand he get paid more than $80,000 next year, right?

I doubt they even wait till the end of the year to get him signed on a longer contract with more $$$ if he keeps this pace

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So if he keeps it up, Rourke has to demand he get paid more than $80,000 next year, right?

It would make their roster make-up quite interesting next year. A big reason why they were able to be as aggressive as they were signing people was because of how little was allocated to the QBs.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

The Lions will be in salary cap hell next year. Rourke will want a big payday. The Lions entire salary structure is based on paying their qbs $80,000 a year & having salary cap room to sign free agents this season. They'll be losing a few veteran big time players this off season in February. 

Yeah they better make hay this yr cause next they are screwed cap wise

I am not yet totally sold...he's played the Elks and a not too impressive Argo team....plus let coordinators see some film in bc after 4 or 5 games...then revisit this.

He does throw a nice ball tho...no Fajjing there 

That looked real bad for a second there

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah they better make hay this yr cause next they are screwed cap wise

I am not yet totally sold...he's played the Elks and a not too impressive Argo team....plus let coordinators see some film in bc after 4 or 5 games...then revisit this.

He does throw a nice ball tho...no Fajjing there 

Even when TO brings the heat he's hitting receivers with accurate fastballs in tight windows