Week 3 Non-Champs Games

Noeller

1 minute ago, JCon said:

You fire Jones, you fire your GM, Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator. Those salaries are sunk.  No way you can pull together an experienced GM/Coaching crew with the cap space you have left. 

Soooo...you are saying that the Ungulates are screwed for the length of his contract.

Just now, Tracker said:

Soooo...you are saying that the Ungulates are screwed for the length of his contract.

I don't think so. If you remember, TO had a similar situation with when they fired Trestman, we thought it would cost them over several years but it didn't. I'm not entirely clear. 

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

You fire Jones, you fire your GM, Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator. Those salaries are sunk.  No way you can pull together an experienced GM/Coaching crew with the cap space you have left. 

You might get hero investor type like Buono. You could go after a guy like reinbold. Did Cleybrooks find work? 
 Maybe you reach out to a legend like moon and have him work with a guy like paopao or coach Ritchie. 

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Selling Lions football looks like it's going to be a tough sell

Just have to have a high end concert with every home game lol. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Muamba looks old and slow and not overly agile anymore

takes a lot out of a guy being a hired gun with no real connection dedication or desire to compete.  

Lions keep playing well and market like they have been they will get fans back 

Just now, Jesse said:

Didn’t look like he had a good burst either.

Yeah...if he was vintage he woukd have got all the tries there

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lions keep playing well and market like they have been they will get fans back 

Yeah...if he was vintage he woukd have got all the tries there

That’s the other thing. Dinwiddie saw him once and immediately said no more.

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I see things are back to normal in BC. Maybe 15,000 in the stands, The upper level tarped off. No atmosphere at BC Place. The dream is over. 

East teams are a tough sell. I mean the Bombers, two time defening champions, facing the team they beat both times drew 22K on a Friday night last night.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

East teams are a tough sell. I mean the Bombers, two time defening championship, facing the team they beat both times drew 22K on a Friday night. 

I think the weather tho affected a lot of the walkup crowd tho..and it was 23600 no?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I think the weather tho affected a lot of the walkup crowd tho..and it was 23600 no?

My bad, 23,600. Still hardly an impressive number considering the very large majority of the seats are covered from the elements.

East teams, bottom line, are not an easy sell for the west. It's always been that way.

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You might get hero investor type like Buono. You could go after a guy like reinbold. Did Cleybrooks find work? 
 Maybe you reach out to a legend like moon and have him work with a guy like paopao or coach Ritchie. 

Just have to have a high end concert with every home game lol. 

takes a lot out of a guy being a hired gun with no real connection dedication or desire to compete.  

He'll deny it of course but money has always meant more than championships to Muamba. Same with Lawler. If that's what motivates them then more power to them, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

My bad, 23,600. Still hardly an impressive number considering the very large majority of the seats are covered from the elements.

East teams, bottom line, are not an easy sell for the west. It's always been that way.

I think moving the season up is biting the whole league in the ass at the gate.

The more casual fan isn't into football mode yet.  Don't think the CFL wants to really be on at the same time as the Stanley Cup Final for TV or gate.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

And every year we always start with those damned back to back games no one wants with East Division teams. We should be playing them in September. Not June. 

They need to play a 14-16 game schedule. Eighteen games is too long. The 3 breaks every team get just drags the season out. Why do we need a 6 month season?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think moving the season up is biting the whole league in the ass at the gate.

The more casual fan isn't into football mode yet.  Don't think the CFL wants to really be on at the same time as the Stanley Cup Final for TV or gate.

I think that plays a part in it too. I remember in the early 2000's, the season typically started on Canada Day weekend, or the weekend before. I always felt a Canada Day start was perfect, for obvious reasons.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And every year we always start with those damned back to back games no one wants with East Division teams. We should be playing them in September. Not June. 

s They need to play a 14-16 game schedule. Eighteen games iss too long. The 3 breaks every team get just drags the season out.

16 would be perfect for 9 team league.  Every team home and home.  League should try really hard with scheduling to not have back to backs except for the LDC's and rematches.

Players would have to take a pay cut though until they got the attendance numbers up.