2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The crazy part... did they have to go 300k? 260 was bc rumor... probably 50k more than bombers offered. Seems excessive. Signs for 100k more than bombers likely offered ish 

That's just really poor use of money. 

My guess? Doesn't work out for Kenny... released mid season... sign here again lol 

Based on the structure they had to go that high.  I’m actually shocked Lawler took a deal with no upfront money even if it’s 15% more in the end. They could cut him the day after training camp starts and owe him nothing.  He could pop his Achilles tomorrow and lose that deal, still has medical.

Just now, Jesse said:

I expected them to sign Moncrief, but I am surprised they went out and got Sankey too.

well...based on whats gone on...prob paying about 425k for 2 linebackers...smart cap management...keep em comin Oday haha

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...bang for buck not there....didnt do much for the Elks....hope that clears path for us to bring back Darby

He was absolutely a difference maker for the Elks last year when he joined. One of the lone bright spots on that D.

Edited by Bigblue204

Just now, GCn20 said:

Moncrief is way over rated. You guys pumped his tires so hard that you are believing your own hype about him. Sankey is solid though.

AGREE....Sankey is a stud...solid....but he cant do it all...severely sucking dline and DB wise there

Bottom line: Riders OL sucks, Riders DL sucks. That will again be the story of their season. Shiny baubles that don't produce up to expectation then half way through the season Riderfans will have a "revelation" that maybe the FA dough should have been spent in the trenches. Then they will under perform get knocked out in the playoffs and Riderfans will yearn for every shiny bauble on the FA market once again ignoring the fact that the trenches suck.