CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Thought I saw 2 blocks to the back on that punt return

In 2019 they changed the rules so you couldn't blind side guys like that. Even if it wasn't from behind unless they changed the rules that should a been called. I didn't see the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Brutal clip right at the start of that return.  Two things wrong with the block, the Al who threw it was running back toward his own endzone without getting in front of the guy he drilled from behind and two the guy he blocked was already engaged in the open field by another Alouette. 

The refs and the booth are both clueless. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, why didn't we have an automatic review last night? 

This is my understanding. All turnovers are automatically reviewed. The ruling on the field was NOT a turnover but an incompletion, so there is no automatic review. O’Shea challenged without a timeout to burn in case he lost, so by rule he cannot challenge and the team gets dinged for delay of game.  So the first good outcome that actually happened (turnover) was missed, the second result of the play (incompletion) gets overturned by the penalty, and the ultimate third result is an advance by the Argos asif the pass was completed in the first place. Gaffe by O’Shea. 

Now the part I am unsure about. I think they took out the mandatory league review on everything in the last 3 minutes because they changed the rule to allow coaches to still challenge plays inside the last 3 minutes if they have a timeout, and gave coaches more than one challenge if they get the first one right. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Elizondo should be fired already. He's awful.

Harris ****ing sucks too.

They can't stop the run, can't stop the through the air, can't stop Montreal's special teams. 

Edmonton is going to be in for an awful year. They're one of the big surprises of the season. Most pundits thought they'd be contending. 

Still early. I'm not ready to write the Elks off yet although I've done that for the Stampeders. Shoulda kept Arbuckle & let BLM sign with the Argos.