2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

I actually think speedlex and tburg both have good input....

sure the burgman is a bit negative, but pretty solid in his points. "pithy" no pun intended.😎

I was negative when they brought in colllaros. due to injury history.

speed, certainly knows far more than I do about the game. 

the back and forth is good too.

flex.... ipad keyboard is not for me. speedlex....

Edited by Mark F

40 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Again, you're proving you don't have any idea of what you're talking about. I'm not bitching about being able to develop a QB. It's just a fact that should be taken into account when looking at developing our current backup QB. Streveler, one of our best development QB's wasn't ready to win the GC 'last year'. We needed to bring in the vet Collaros to get us there. The chances that McGuire will be able to get us to the cup are slim to none and cup contender is what we all want to be.

You're the one who loves to complain. It used to be about what the Bombers were doing, now it's about me not agreeing with you and the other positrons (first time this year... I'm in preseason form). I bring up facts. You whine that I'm complaining. I explain again. You ignore it and whine that I'm complaining, this time with some caps. I agree to disagree. You make up something I didn't say and whine about that. Finally, you go completely off the subject and whine about things I've said or things you think I really meant in the past. I sigh, roll my eyes and try to push the keyboard away. Failing, I answer your tired tirade.

Facts: In 2019 we were 4th in the CFL, 3rd in the west. We traded for a vet QB at the last minute. He took us to the GC and won it. Years ago Calgary did the same thing. Based on these facts, we were a mid tier team that got hot in playoffs and won the cup, much like Calgary did all those years ago. No, that doesn't mean we didn't deserve it or that I didn't enjoy it. That's just the story you've made up. Yes we had some luck. Same holds true for all GC winning teams who weren't dominant in the regular season and some who were.

Going forward.... We brought back a lot of the GC team. Should that mean we expect to be dominant this year? Some folks around here sure think so, but were weren't last year in the regular season. We're going with a rookie kicker instead of one of the best if not the best in the league and a rookie OC instead of one of the best in the league. We've got an oft injured starting QB who managed 4 starts last year backed up by a 'rookie'. We're replacing a couple of top end DB's. Everyone's a couple of years older and we don't know how that time will affect them. I sure hope we don't get a string of injuries like the Riders got yesterday, but it could happen. Note that none of that is complaining or moaning, but from the Kumbaya, positive thinking, look for the best outcome crowd it must sound like it.

But why do the failings of previous regimes get heaped on to this one?

we're seeing into the future, I guess....... a press release dated tomorrow: 

WINNIPEG, MB., July 9, 2021 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster transactions:

Added to roster:
American defensive back David Rivers (6-0, 185, Youngstown, July 23, 1994)
American defensive back Hakeem Bailey (6-0, 190, West Virginia, March 29, 1997)
American linebacker Khaylan Kearse-Thomas (6-1, 225, Arizona State, February 7, 1997)

Released from roster:
American defensive lineman Royce LaFrance

Transferred to retired list:
American defensive end Patrick Choujda

Transferred to suspended list:
National defensive lineman Connor Griffiths
American defensive back Dexter McDougle
American linebacker Mason Moe
American receiver MeKale McKay
American running back James Williams
American running back Josh Caldwell
American defensive end Vontarrius Dora
American defensive back Marwin Evans
American receiver Malcolm Lewis

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

here are he of the odd names stats

"Balthazar is traditionally referred to as the King of Macedonia and gave the gift of myrrh to Jesus. In the Roman Catholic Church, he is regarded as a saint "

https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/p-bethemcl001

he didnt play a down in the NFL

He was in nine different NFL training camps, with five different teams. Several teams asked him back more than once. Never said he racked up NFL stats. Did say he bounced around NFL camps a lot. Nine times. Much more than most journeyman or prospect QB's get. More opportunities than Matt Nichols got. Obviously didn't make an NFL roster like every QB in the CFL. But, like I said, had enough talent to be asked to attend camps nine times. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLeod_Bethel-Thompson

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BethMc00.htm

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

we're seeing into the future, I guess....... a press release dated tomorrow: 

WINNIPEG, MB., July 9, 2021 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster transactions:

Added to roster:
American defensive back David Rivers (6-0, 185, Youngstown, July 23, 1994)
American defensive back Hakeem Bailey (6-0, 190, West Virginia, March 29, 1997)
American linebacker Khaylan Kearse-Thomas (6-1, 225, Arizona State, February 7, 1997)

Released from roster:
American defensive lineman Royce LaFrance

Transferred to retired list:
American defensive end Patrick Choujda

Transferred to suspended list:
National defensive lineman Connor Griffiths
American defensive back Dexter McDougle
American linebacker Mason Moe
American receiver MeKale McKay
American running back James Williams
American running back Josh Caldwell
American defensive end Vontarrius Dora
American defensive back Marwin Evans
American receiver Malcolm Lewis

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Knock on wood, but honestly we've done a lot better than most teams, when it comes to retirements, injuries, etc....

I agree. I was waiting to see who was on the suspended list, assuming some would not have reported, pending a retirement announcement, but it's not a bad list. 

57 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Wow, over before it began. Gotta figure he would have had a significant roll this season rotating in with Thomas.

Suspended list doesn't mean he's done for the year...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'd say MeKale McKay is a notable name as well. Was really hoping he would step up and show something in TC.

I put on my rainbow farting Unicorn hat, sing a few verses of kumbaya, use the power of positive thinking, completely ignoring the past I look for the best outcome... I believe this is the very last time that Speedy whines about my perceived negativity or uses a dumb meme instead of discussing the topics at hand. He's going to change his ways for sure. Lets see how well this works.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I put on my rainbow farting Unicorn hat, sing a few verses of kumbaya, use the power of positive thinking, completely ignoring the past I look for the best outcome... I believe this is the very last time that Speedy whines about my perceived negativity or uses a dumb meme instead of discussing the topics at hand. He's going to change his ways for sure. Lets see how well this works.

This explains your Facebook Avatar..

tenor.gif?itemid=19885031

56 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Yeah not to mention Hansen who can come in for a Canadian or an American. So that's effectively 3 solid players and only need one on the field at a time. 

I know this was discussed before but I thought Globals can only replace Americans. Or is that only if the team wants to field a second Global player?

On 2021-07-08 at 11:44 AM, the watcher said:

I'm on about watch # 4 and I thought I'd watch again close to the season opener

I've lost count how many times I've watched it, but I'm at the point where I basically have memorized every single down of that game and can tell you what play is coming up next before the ball is snapped.