2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Jordan Herdman started 5 games

Justin Herdman started 7 games

Cameron Judge started 17 games

Of course Judge is going to have better numbers.  He started more than twice as many as Justin and more than 3 times as many as Jordan.

Except the comparison was over their career. 

On 2021-02-19 at 9:32 AM, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Jordan Herdman started 5 games

Justin Herdman started 7 games

Cameron Judge started 17 games

Of course Judge is going to have better numbers.  He started more than twice as many as Justin and more than 3 times as many as Jordan.

The herdman reeds were fringe players for the worst team in the west, judge was a keystone to the riders D that finished first in the west division. Of course he started many more games. 

On 2021-02-20 at 9:39 AM, CrazyCanuck89 said:

No the comparison I had quoted was his 2019 numbers.  Usually the more games you start the better your numbers will be.  Judges 2019 numbers 

61 tkls, 5 sacks, 2 ints in 17 starts.

I don't know what you're talking about. The post I read... flush my eyes with strong sanitizer... clearly said that the the stats were similar across their career. So, there wouldn't be a drop-off. 

Not my green Kool-Aid. 

anyone from here said this? 😄

"Zach (Collaros) deserves respect because he wins, but let’s be real — he’s going to do at least one stint on the six-game injured list this year. Him and Travis Lulay have made some killer money in this league while not playing."

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/24/insider-talk-edmontons-culture-murrays-retirement-brett-boyko/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=insider-talk-edmontons-culture-murrays-retirement-brett-boyko

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

"Zach (Collaros) deserves respect because he wins, but let’s be real — he’s going to do at least one stint on the six-game injured list this year. Him and Travis Lulay have made some killer money in this league while not playing."

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/24/insider-talk-edmontons-culture-murrays-retirement-brett-boyko/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=insider-talk-edmontons-culture-murrays-retirement-brett-boyko

They're not wrong

there's no question ZC is pretty fragile, but if this year off benefitted anyone, it's him. Get fully, 100% healthy. Also, if our OL holds up as it has, it's his best chance for success. You can never protect against everything, but our OL is his best chance for survival.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Him and Lulay made some killer money while winning cups, too

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think the smartest teams are the ones who think outside the box with their Canadians. The old school mentality is to draft a bunch of offensive linemen, but I’d rather take the really good pass rushers or running backs or corners because there’s no competition for them.

Kyle Walters snorts derisively.

yeah that was a head scratcher there.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

there's no question ZC is pretty fragile, but if this year off benefitted anyone, it's him. Get fully, 100% healthy. Also, if our OL holds up as it has, it's his best chance for success. You can never protect against everything, but our OL is his best chance for survival.

Have an offense that centers around running the ball. Spread the whole field throwing to receivers being open. Quick passes getting rid of the ball fast neutralizing a blitz or strong pass rush. Throw deep if someone gets open but it can't be a centerpiece of our offense like Reilly in BC. Then have a great OL protecting Collaros. That's what we need for him to stay healthy.... Oh wait, we already do that.

45 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Meh. Collaros got cheapshotted last season; hit right in the head. I'm not too worried given our oline. Not many QBs last the season without getting hurt at some point. That applies pretty universally.

Yup. Cheapshotted by Lawrence first game, then late 2019 season Hughes intentionally rolled to his feet, trying to take him out. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

51 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Meh. Collaros got cheapshotted last season; hit right in the head. I'm not too worried given our oline. Not many QBs last the season without getting hurt at some point. That applies pretty universally.

I think hes in as good a position to stay healthy as you can ask for. Balanced offense, great blocking, doesnt need to drop back and throw 50 times a game, hes had a full year to rest and recover. He seemed extremely mentally fragile with the riders before the season, but he played like a guy with nothing to lose here.  He bottomed out with the riders then argos and bounced back with us.  I wouldnt worry more about his health than any starting qb in the cfl.  I would bet on him playing more games than nichols or half the qbs in the league this year. 

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I think the smartest teams are the ones who think outside the box with their Canadians. The old school mentality is to draft a bunch of offensive linemen, but I’d rather take the really good pass rushers or running backs or corners because there’s no competition for them.

Kyle Walters snorts derisively.

This sounds like something that came out of the mouth of Chris Jones. Perhaps one of his disciples JOD or John Murphy who by no coincidence have OLs that are in shambles.

There's no way they can keep all their off-season signing before the season starts (if there will be a season). Something has to give. 
I think the MO for Pinball this off-season is to make a buzz, to make the Argos significant at the news (somehow). 
They'll sort it out, once the training camp/season starts.

Looks like John Murphy moved the Riders' taxi-squad from Regina to Toronto.