Random Jets News

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Guess...Kane

IMHO it's a true statement though. Do I think we can beat COL? Not really. DAL? Maybe. LAK? Maybe. NSH? Yes

You could say same thing about VAN too. Where is their playoff experience coming from?

Realistically they can beat anyone. Obviously easier said than done.

Just make the damn playoffs.

Don’t think too far ahead.

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Guess...Kane

IMHO it's a true statement though. Do I think we can beat COL? Not really. DAL? Maybe. LAK? Maybe. NSH? Yes

You could say same thing about VAN too. Where is their playoff experience coming from?

Then you haven’t been paying attention honestly cuz they haven’t lost to Colorado this year and Dallas is the team they struggle against. Nashville is irrelevant really. Right now jets would be playing team ranked 7th or 8th in the west. 

I mean jets kinda off their dominating game right now and are like 7 0 1 in last 8. that tells me they can beat anyone cuz they beating teams right now and they aren’t playing their best. Ppl pretending Vegas la Colorado Vancouver Dallas etc hasn’t had losing steaks this year? 

has Vancouver won since we beat them? 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Then you haven’t been paying attention honestly cuz they haven’t lost to Colorado this year and Dallas is the team they struggle against. Nashville is irrelevant really. Right now jets would be playing team ranked 7th or 8th in the west. 

Yup the Jets have a tough time playing the Stars who are a well put together team and just added another veteran D man who apparently will not be playing tonight

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

honeslty this was my guess. THey said it's someone that could play them in the first round, and Minnie would fit that bill.....

If you break down the clip, Whitney said it’s a player on a current playoff team, so it wouldn’t be Minny. Also, Biz asked “is this a team they could meet…” and Whitney answered “yes” before Biz finished with “in the first round” so it could be any current playoff team. Now, some more likely suspects arise, like Evander Kane in Edmonton (because I could see him running his mouth), or PLD in LA due to recent history with the club, but maybe it’s one of the Stars, since they have handled Winnipeg’s game well this year, or a Canuck after they arguably outplayed the Jets but lost last week and someone is bitter. But honestly the Jets seem OK playing a run and gun (like this past week where they have been scoring) or lock down defence (basically all of December and January) to win 2-1. And if healthy they can roll 4 lines and play either goalie with confidence, so I’d say they are well-built for the playoffs, and their special teams are now coming around with the addition of Monahan. But West is wide open this year, with any of 6 teams honestly not being a surprise if they make the Finals (and even LA has an outside shot of they re-discover their November swagger). Two very very good teams are going to get bounced in round one guaranteed based on the 2 vs 3 match-ups whatever they are. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Which is NASH.

They are irrelevant in my opinion still. I don’t care about Nashville. They can raise a first round losers banner 

Edited by Goalie

So u look at teams who Whitney played for also. Edmonton stands out.  But I feel it was likely out of Vancouver. Those guys were bitter after they lost, so much so that I think they have 1 ot or shootout win since and several losses. This sounds crazy, I’m going Tyler Myers or JT Miller. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Just buy out Vilardi in the off season. 

it’s a reoccurring theme in his career. 

You could trade him for a pick at the very least. $3.5M while still an RFA is very movable. 

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Talking this thru, I could trade away a player to another team after the trade deadline but write in the agreement that this player will start employment with his new team in the off season (deal is null and void if said player incurs an injury between now and then) but is still under contract with us till the end of this season (i.e., still playing for us this year and post season)?