Covid-19

JCon

48 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

2-3 more years to go...

I'm actually glad they're being honest about this now. So many people thought this was going to be over in a matter of weeks. Anyone who read even a little bit about this in the early going knew it was going to be years. People really have to accept the idea of "a new normal". Masks, distancing, etc.... the way we're living (or SHOULD be, if you're not a moron) is how we'll be living for a long time to come. In fact some stuff will hopefully be with us forever, to help keep Cold/Flu infections down, even after COVID has (hopefully) been eradicated. 

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm actually glad they're being honest about this now. So many people thought this was going to be over in a matter of weeks. Anyone who read even a little bit about this in the early going knew it was going to be years. People really have to accept the idea of "a new normal". Masks, distancing, etc.... the way we're living (or SHOULD be, if you're not a moron) is how we'll be living for a long time to come. In fact some stuff will hopefully be with us forever, to help keep Cold/Flu infections down, even after COVID has (hopefully) been eradicated. 

Can't be honest because the nut-jobbers come out:

We don't have to look far to find them. The Anti-science and anti-evidence nutters are all around us. 

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Call me sceptical about 2-3 more years. 

2 - 3 years... how will Chaise on Corydon survive with those frequent fines   /s

At my work they are assuming that we won't be back at the office full time for at least another year.   I think most businesses around here have adjusted well with the changes. 

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 0.90 per cent. Thirty new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 474.

The data shows there were:

• 18 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • 11 new cases in the Southern Health - Santé Sud health region; and
  • one new case in the Winnipeg health region.

Case investigations are ongoing. When completed, additional information will be provided as needed to inform people of any public health risks.

The data also shows:

• 10 current hospitalizations, with five individuals in intensive care,
  • 118 active cases and 348 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is eight

Dr. Roussin basically said that as long as we continue to follow the fundamentals (wash hands, social distance, and wear masks when that's not possible), then there is no need for any other extraordinary precautions.  Most of the cases have all been linked (other investigations are still ongoing), so they are not concerned that anything out of the ordinary is happening.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

25 of the 30 are linked to one case. A jackass flew to Montreal and back and didn't self-isolate properly and infected a bunch of people. Honestly, who the **** is flying during a pandemic?? I can't think of anything more stupid. 

Not isolating is more stupid after flying is more stupid.

In other news...

On 2020-07-29 at 9:13 AM, Noeller said:

Not sure if it was posted yesterday, but the entire city of Toronto (3 million + people...) had exactly 1 confirmed case yesterday. Ontario has finally got **** figured out. Alberta has had 4 consecutive days of declining numbers. Too soon to celebrate, but here's hoping the message regarding masks and better social distancing in public is starting to get through...

The long weekend was a week ago.