Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanna-b-fanboy

2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We are nowhere near the cap with this lineup...  Walters is def holding back $$ 

That's what I was just thinking. Whats the cap at this year, 5.3 million? No way that depth chart + the inactives/practice roster, etc are anywhere near that. Weve got a handful of guys making bank but also a ton of bargains. Other than Jefferson and Bighill is anyone else on the defense making big money?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That's what I was just thinking. Whats the cap at this year, 5.3 million? No way that depth chart + the inactives/practice roster, etc are anywhere near that.

I’m curious, because I want to see where people come in on these things? 
 

What do you think Neufeld, Mike Miller, Jake Thomas, Rempel and Jesse Briggs make a piece? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m curious, because I want to see where people come in on these things? 
 

What do you think Neufeld, Mike Miller, Jake Thomas, Rempel and Jesse Briggs make a piece? 

140, 85, 140, 85, 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m curious, because I want to see where people come in on these things? 
 

What do you think Neufeld, Mike Miller, Jake Thomas, Rempel and Jesse Briggs make a piece? 

Neufeld say 140K

Miller say 100K

Thomas 120K

Rempel 100K

Briggs 90K

Guesstimation.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m curious, because I want to see where people come in on these things? 
 

What do you think Neufeld, Mike Miller, Jake Thomas, Rempel and Jesse Briggs make a piece? 

Neufeld around $150,00. Mike Miller-$100,000. Rempel-$100,000. Jake-$120,000. Briggs-$100,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Floyd said:

140, 85, 140, 85, 75

I would guess Neufeld makes around $175k. Jeff Hamilton tweeted yesterday that the Argos offered Couture around $195k, so I would think all Canadian OL starters, who are off their rookie deals, would be north of $150k.

The rest seem reasonable, but I thought I read last year that Miller was over $100k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We are nowhere near the cap with this lineup...  Walters is def holding back $$ 

Walters basically stated in his interview yesterday they were already near the cap, probably has something to do with making Jefferson the highest paid D player in the history of the CFL.  Also Harris is the highest paid RB in the league, Bighill highest paid MLB, Medlock the highest paid kicker and Bryant likely the highest paid OT.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I would guess Neufeld makes around $175k. Jeff Hamilton tweeted yesterday that the Argos offered Couture around $195k, so I would think all Canadian OL starters, who are off their rookie deals, would be north of $150k.

The rest seem reasonable, but I thought I read last year that Miller was over $100k.

Really?? That seems quite high, especially for a center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I would guess Neufeld makes around $175k. Jeff Hamilton tweeted yesterday that the Argos offered Couture around $195k, so I would think all Canadian OL starters, who are off their rookie deals, would be north of $150k.

The rest seem reasonable, but I thought I read last year that Miller was over $100k.

Yeah, I’d personally be quite surprised if either one of Couture or Neufeld were under 160k, same reason Woli and Demski get paid around the same - Canadian starters who fit your system get PAID.

I personally would assume Miller and Rempel, as high level specialists, make between 100k-125k each.

Lots of sneaky money on our roster, not to mention 5.3 (or whatever the number is) may be the cap but it’s not what the Bombers spend. They’ve always been conservative in holding back for potential injury situations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m curious, because I want to see where people come in on these things? 
 

What do you think Neufeld, Mike Miller, Jake Thomas, Rempel and Jesse Briggs make a piece? 

Your turn. What would you say Maston, Wilson, Jones, Johnson, Taylor, Alexander make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah, I’d personally be quite surprised if either one of Couture or Neufeld were under 160k, same reason Woli and Demski get paid around the same - Canadian starters who fit your system get PAID.

I personally would assume Miller and Rempel, as high level specialists, make between 100k-125k each.

Lots of sneaky money on our roster, not to mention 5.3 (or whatever the number is) may be the cap but it’s not what the Bombers spend. They’ve always been conservative in holding back for potential injury situations

I think Demski is still around $140,000 but he's probably in line for a major boost next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Your turn. What would you say Maston, Wilson, Jones, Johnson, Taylor, Alexander make?

90, 85, league minimum (Mike Jones?), 130, 75, 120

American salaries are tough for sure. Also forget what contract Wilson is on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think Demski is still around $140,000 but he's probably in line for a major boost next year.

Demski made $150,000 in his first year here and then re-signed after a solid season. No way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medlock may be the highest paid..but his salary is less than all the other teams who have to employ 2 kickers

Isn't Demski around 150k with his tweak...I would think Woli is slightly under that. Neuf and Couture are most likely at par with all other teams are paying their veteran National O-lineman, and probably on the lower end of that scale. Bryant for is good as he is, is surprisingly not pulling in huge Bank...160k...or slightly above and I would think Hardrick is slightly lower

Is it confirmed Biggie is actually at 250k..I thought it was more like 230K...or an i thinking someone else? But when you look at our defense..aside from Willie and Biggie and their salaries, Jeffcoat is probably the next highest paid, I'd say in the 140-160k range..and then we have Wilson at maybe 100k this year...Alexander prob 110-130k at most for his second deal then entry level with Jones..Richardson..whomever mans the other CB spot and I'm sure Maston and Taylor being moderate deals that aren't hindering us...but when you look at the Hammer..Laurent..Davis..are over 200..Wynn has to be pushing 200..Lawrence is at least 150k...Dean is cheap at 110k..Breault tho ain't cheap..Williams signed for 6 figures...Howser too on his second deal is prob at least 100-120k...Adeleke will be 6 figures..as will be Levels..much more coin than we are paying

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike said:

90, 85, league minimum (Mike Jones?), 130, 75, 120

American salaries are tough for sure. Also forget what contract Wilson is on. 

Kyrie Wilson re-signed last February so he is on his 2nd deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Medlock may be the highest paid..but his salary is less than all the other teams who have to employ 2 kickers

Isn't Demski around 150k with his tweak...I would think Woli is slightly under that. Neuf and Couture are most likely at par with all other teams are paying their veteran National O-lineman, and probably on the lower end of that scale. Bryant for is good as he is, is surprisingly not pulling in huge Bank...160k...or slightly above and I would think Hardrick is slightly lower

Is it confirmed Biggie is actually at 250k..I thought it was more like 230K...or an i thinking someone else? But when you look at our defense..aside from Willie and Biggie and their salaries, Jeffcoat is probably the next highest paid, I'd say in the 140-160k range..and then we have Wilson at maybe 100k this year...Alexander prob 110-130k at most for his second deal then entry level with Jones..Richardson..whomever mans the other CB spot and I'm sure Maston and Taylor being moderate deals that aren't hindering us...but when you look at the Hammer..Laurent..Davis..are over 200..Wynn has to be pushing 200..Lawrence is at least 150k...Dean is cheap at 110k..Breault tho ain't cheap..Williams signed for 6 figures...Howser too on his second deal is prob at least 100-120k...Adeleke will be 6 figures..as will be Levels..much more coin than we are paying

Harris at 220k seems very affordable now...  we've also shed Fenner's 120k and Kongbo's 100k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Medlock may be the highest paid..but his salary is less than all the other teams who have to employ 2 kickers

Isn't Demski around 150k with his tweak...I would think Woli is slightly under that. Neuf and Couture are most likely at par with all other teams are paying their veteran National O-lineman, and probably on the lower end of that scale. Bryant for is good as he is, is surprisingly not pulling in huge Bank...160k...or slightly above and I would think Hardrick is slightly lower

Is it confirmed Biggie is actually at 250k..I thought it was more like 230K...or an i thinking someone else? But when you look at our defense..aside from Willie and Biggie and their salaries, Jeffcoat is probably the next highest paid, I'd say in the 140-160k range..and then we have Wilson at maybe 100k this year...Alexander prob 110-130k at most for his second deal then entry level with Jones..Richardson..whomever mans the other CB spot and I'm sure Maston and Taylor being moderate deals that aren't hindering us...but when you look at the Hammer..Laurent..Davis..are over 200..Wynn has to be pushing 200..Lawrence is at least 150k...Dean is cheap at 110k..Breault tho ain't cheap..Williams signed for 6 figures...Howser too on his second deal is prob at least 100-120k...Adeleke will be 6 figures..as will be Levels..much more coin than we are paying

 

 

You’re suggesting Bryant took a 20% pay cut to come back this season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

You’re suggesting Bryant took a 20% pay cut to come back this season? 

 I now in the last 1-2 years he was shockingly cheap at 165k...considering what some others were making...and I know he re-upped this yr for the same coin as last year...so thats where he should come in around...no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that a couple of the guys who re-did their deals may have been paid extra for last season (bonus money)  and lesser for this year?  Hasn't Walters done that before ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, I just think we’re overstating how much money other teams spend and understating how much we spend. Look at the line of thinking: “Wilson on his second deal .. maybe 100k, Howsare on his second deal ... at least 100-120k” ... what’s the difference in these two guys?

Not everyone is taking a haircut to be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Booch said:

 I now in the last 1-2 years he was shockingly cheap at 165k...considering what some others were making...and I know he re-upped this yr for the same coin as last year...so thats where he should come in around...no?

He was making 200k last year, according to literally every source I’ve seen. Where is the 165k number coming from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless, we have one QB making $450k and our backup as close to league min for QBs

No receiver over $160k - 3 of them probably at league minimum

Cheap deal on Harris considering he's basically MVOP

Cheap secondary...  I would think only Alexander is over $100k including Wilson and Maston

No first round draft picks

There is money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...