A Thank You and Shout Out...

66 Chevelle

Just now, blue_or_die said:

I have DAZN for the first time this year and it's life-changing for NFL. No more having to find streams and hook up my laptop to my TV to see my Panthers play.

If they find a way to get the license for CFL and NHL I would lose my mind with happiness.

TSN owns all media rights to the CFL in Canada. The only way DAZN could get it would be to license it somewhere else in the world. Then, you could use a VPN to get it from there. ESPN+ though... 

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

DAZN is awful. I'd definitely look into IPTV instead. Good bang for your buck and its sports feeds are pretty good quality and covers all the big leagues.

I already have DAZN because I watch the EPL and have for three months. So far, the content has been awesome. EPL and NFL are great. Boxing has been great. The odd PAC 10 game, okay. Cricket has been great!

Now, the app is poor and laggy. I need to Chromecast to my main-floor dumb TV and it's excruciatingly choppy. But, at least I see the game? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

TSN owns all media rights to the CFL in Canada. The only way DAZN could get it would be to license it somewhere else in the world. Then, you could use a VPN to get it from there. ESPN+ though... 

Oh yeah, I don't expect it to happen. Just voicing my desire to have a sports streaming app that gives me all I want to watch for cheap so I can cut my cable at no inconvenience.

On 2019-11-19 at 3:11 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Really???  Do you actually use these streams?  For most CFL games no game links are ever posted, Reddit as a good source for CFL streams  is a myth that's been perpetuated for years by people who never use streams.

Well this is patently false. I exclusively watch games via streams from reddit, and have not missed a game... in ages

I should add, however, sometimes games start a little late and the quality is occasionally lacking. For the price though, reddit is unbeatable

Edited by MOBomberFan

don't think the big cable /satellite companies are happy with people using the internet to watch their stuff.

If they were the least bit interested these streaming problems wouldn't happen.

they haven't made enough billions yet I guess.

Edited by Mark F

47 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

How is it awful? I haven't gotten lags or anything like that

It lags like crazy. I'm not sure why and was never able to pinpoint it, but it was bad.

47 minutes ago, JCon said:

Now, the app is poor and laggy. I need to Chromecast to my main-floor dumb TV and it's excruciatingly choppy. But, at least I see the game? 

Laggy and choppy. IPTV has been way better. This is just my experience, though.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

That's disheartening. I am a week away from cancelling cable and was hoping to replace it with a blend of DAZN and TSN Direct. 

Consider IPTV- no PVR functions but the right provider makes it work well for about $8.00 per month including HBO, lotsa movie channels and all the sports networks.

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Well this is patently false. I exclusively watch games via streams from reddit, and have not missed a game... in ages

I should add, however, sometimes games start a little late and the quality is occasionally lacking. For the price though, reddit is unbeatable

What do those streams have to do with Reddit???  They're simply links to other websites that someone kindly posted....but usually are forgotten as their game day threads are dead.  Hardly a game goes by were some lost soul doesn't post in MBB's  or TEP's game day threads that they can't find a link to a stream after checking out the highly recommended Reddit site.  The streaming sites don't jump around or change locations, they're  always the same (Hint-save them!)  I've got links to at least 6 different streaming sites of varying quality I've used over the years, but mostly go to on one that's been fairly reliable.

http://myfeed2all.eu/type/american-football.html

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What do those streams have to do with Reddit??? 

...an entire community of cable cutters post links to CFL streams in this specific place on a weekly basis? Not sure how else to explain this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFLStreams/

I show up a few minutes prior to game time and there are usually a few links already posted. Often following the start of the game an HD youtube stream will get posted (these are the best, but the url changes week over week)

I'll check out this myfeed2all site though. Never hurts to have multiple sources in case one or another isn't working.

10 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

...an entire community of cable cutters post links to CFL streams in this specific place on a weekly basis? Not sure how else to explain this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFLStreams/

I show up a few minutes prior to game time and there are usually a few links already posted. Often following the start of the game an HD youtube stream will get posted (these are the best, but the url changes week over week)

I'll check out this myfeed2all site though. Never hurts to have multiple sources in case one or another isn't working.

Yep, the HD youtube streams are the best. 

On 2019-11-18 at 9:02 AM, 66 Chevelle said:

I just wanted to take a moment to say 'thank you' to Rich and all of the members of MBB for allowing us interlopers a place to come and talk about our Bombers since TEP being down.  For us avid Bomber fans, the TEP couldn't have went down at a worse time, during playoffs...  it was/is nice to have a place to come to and share our thoughts and participate in the conversation without being made to feel un-welcomed or reminded that we are merely quests at someone else's house..

Hopefully we've reciprocated the hospitality by adding to the conversation and  provided additional insight to the going on's within the game and the Bombers in general... hopefully we will continue to do so once the TEP is back up, if it's back up...

So again, thanks you to MBB, Rich, and the MBB members for accepting us and allowing us to continue to be part of the conversation, much appreciated!

The best way to thank Rich, all you refugees from TEP, is to stay once that site is up. Y'all have been treated pretty well by the rest of us here. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The best way to thank Rich, all you refugees from TEP, is to stay once that site is up. Y'all have been treated pretty well by the rest of us here. 

I agree, I think everyone was given a chance to be a part of the forum and were treated like they all had been long time members here... even the few comments that could have been construed as negative, those in reference to the TEP forum in general, were not mean spirited, more a honest opinion of how that member felt about the differences between here and there... 

I felt it warranted a thread of it's own to say that it hadn't gone un-noticed and the hospitality exhibited was more than appreciated... I can't speak for the rest of the TEP members, but, I have no plans on ditching MBB as I really enjoy being a member here... the membership has proven to be 'men of their word' as you can take almost any legit stand that you like as long as you have narrative to support your position, which is cool... people shouldn't have a problem with being held accountable for what they say...

so, thanks again and I'll be seeing you regularly, lol...