NFL thread

The Zipp

5 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Much smaller population and audience which translates into significantly smaller broadcasting deals .. limited reach (in terms of global audience and awareness) and a somewhat insignificant approach over the years to grow the game at a grassroots level.

Football is religion in the US (I know you know this well);  Hockey is Canada's.

And yet, is hockey failing in Winnipeg? Again?????

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And yet, is hockey failing in Winnipeg? Again?????

The level of love for football in the States compared to the love for hockey in Canada is not even close.  

As times goes by and less people can afford Hockey and with Canada becoming more multi-cultural (i.e. immigrants with zero interest in hockey) ,  hockey is kind of slowly fading away from being a religion and into just another sport.    

In the States the people are still insane for football... when High School football teams in small tiny towns can outdraw the Argos by a large margin it's pretty indicative that the love for football up here isn't all that much. 

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

The amount of high school football stadiums in Texas is unbelievable and we aren't taking like 1or 2k buildings, They have numerous 7, 10k stadiums and even have one that holds 19k.

Just remember for every dollar they spend on building high school football stadiums that's just means less money for the classroom.

Wheb you drive through tiny towns in very rural South Dakota - they'll have a school with a football stadium.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just remember for every dollar they spend on building high school football stadiums that's just means less money for the classroom.

No kidding. And coaching is not done by volunteer teachers down there. 

Classrooms be dammed I'm going the make millions playing football, I don't need no stinking back up plan.

Not a big fan of Jason Kelce him being an Eagle after all but I sure do respect a dude that knows his time has come even though he is still one of the best at his position. Of course after a summer and once training camp are about to start he will probably unretire.

On 2024-02-14 at 8:03 AM, JCon said:

It's a shorter flight from Boston to London, than it is Boston to Los Angeles. 

Yeah but the time zone keep getting later the further east over the Atlantic into Britain & Europe. London is 8 hours ahead of LA. The time zones will be a big problem.

Yeah but the time zone keep getting later the further east over the Atlantic into Britain & Europe. London is 8 hours ahead of LA. The time zones will be a big problem.

That'll be great for TV. People can watch games on weekend mornings. 

The combine (settle down Rider fans) was on our TV quite a bit last week/end. Sure would have been nice to know which of those players were on our (or any other CFL team's) neg list. The CFL misses so often on the easy stuff. 

10 hours ago, JCon said:

The combine (settle down Rider fans) was on our TV quite a bit last week/end. Sure would have been nice to know which of those players were on our (or any other CFL team's) neg list. The CFL misses so often on the easy stuff. 

That would require work. I get the impression that our so called Commissioner, his staff & the Board of Governors would rather not do any of that.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Anyone else getting BUST vibes from Caleb Williams. The guy the media hypes tends to flop. 

It seems like the opinions are more mixed then "for sure" with him.    It seems like drafting a guy on D or an o-lineman is a far safer bet with top NFL picks.   

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It seems like the opinions are more mixed then "for sure" with him.    It seems like drafting a guy on D or an o-lineman is a far safer bet with top NFL picks.   

I’ve heard ppl mention Jayden Daniels over Williams. Some ppl comparing him to Bo Callahan from the movie there. lol. Drops out of 1st rd. That’s extreme tho.