Stamps vs. Lions

B-F-F-C

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've never seen a year with more inept teams & just bad play overall, Bombers included. Anyone who says the level of CFL football is better than ever is daft. 

Yeah I was explaining to my wife yesterday how truly awful the play in the league has been this year. 

If the Bombers don't go on a big run in the post season then it's been basically a waste of a season cause there wasn't a lot of greatness from the CFL this year. 

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I was explaining to my wife yesterday how truly awful the play in the league has been this year. 

If the Bombers don't go on a big run in the post season then it's been basically a waste of a season cause there wasn't a lot of greatness from the CFL this year. 

Not a great year to be showcasing the CFL globally. Not really Ambrosie's fault on that but his timing has been horrible. 

The good thing is no one in Toronto noticed. I would be so afraid of losing their support. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Agreed. I cannot recall a season where there has been so much mediocrity in the league. The only feelgood stories have been in Hamilton and Montreal.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. I cannot recall a season where there has been so much mediocrity in the league. The only feelgood stories have been in Hamilton and Montreal.

The collapses in Toronto & Montreal killed our season. Cost us first place. The coaching by LaPo & Hall. The injury to Nichols. We really should have won the West Division comfortably. Instead, we had little or no momentum the second half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The collapses in Toronto & Montreal killed our season. Cost us first place. The coaching by LaPo & Hall. The injury to Nichols. We really should have won the West Division comfortably. Instead, we had little or no momentum the second half of the season. 

I'd add in the late drive they gave up on labour day as well. 

Those 3 games cost em an easy first place finish

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, never said that. I just said we gave our season away. We should have finished first. 

It could cost us the chance to have Streveler as a 1 - 2 punch with Collaros.  Another week of recovery could have been huge.  Not to mention key guys like Hardrick who have been playing through injuries. 

22 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It could cost us the chance to have Streveler as a 1 - 2 punch with Collaros.  Another week of recovery could have been huge.  Not to mention key guys like Hardrick who have been playing through injuries. 

But too much time can also create rust. I think we be aight... Gonna come out firing next Sunday. 

22 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

This week is going to be a long one for you eh........ 

No. The off season is long... Arduous. It sucks, quite frankly. I have the WCT, but it's not the same level of passion... There is nothing like CFL football. This will be an incredibly enjoyable week soaking up every bit of Bombers vs Stamps minutiae... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

But too much time can also create rust. I think we be aight... Gonna come out firing next Sunday. 

True.  Usually the first place team is head and shoulders above the others, which is why they most often win the GC.  But with the parity this year, first place could very well be less of an advantage. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

This is why it's imperative that O'Shea takes the team for a deep run in the playoffs. He'll likely never have a better chance to win it all than this year.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The collapses in Toronto & Montreal killed our season. Cost us first place. The coaching by LaPo & Hall. The injury to Nichols. We really should have won the West Division comfortably. Instead, we had little or no momentum the second half of the season

That's a function of the schedule. Much tougher 2nd half than 1st.

You're oh so right about the Toronto/Montreal games. We could not afford to give those games away the way we did. At first I was surprised that no one paid the ultimate price for those collapses. If Wade and Kyle didn't take a long, hard look at O'Shea/Lapo/Hall after those games then I just don't know what to think.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I'd add in the late drive they gave up on labour day as well. 

Those 3 games cost em an easy first place finish

O'Shea in his 6th year gets schooled by Craig Dickenson in his first year as a HC, Corey Chamblin in his first win with the Argos, and Khari Jones in his first year as a HC. That just doesn't look good. No way he is supposed to be losing those games to rookies. Maybe one of them to a sensational coach of the year or something but no way can he afford to be out-coached in all three. But he was.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, never said that. I just said we gave our season away. We should have finished first. 

Certainly would have made things easier. Just makes me want to puke thinking of that whiny suck Dickenson and his brother finishing 1-2 in the West. For Christ's sake O'Shea, give your head a shake. 

42 minutes ago, J5V said:

That's a function of the schedule. Much tougher 2nd half than 1st.

You're oh so right about the Toronto/Montreal games. We could not afford to give those games away the way we did. At first I was surprised that no one paid the ultimate price for those collapses. If Wade and Kyle didn't take a long, hard look at O'Shea/Lapo/Hall after those games then I just don't know what to think.

Besties. There are no consequences on this staff. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Besties. 

I like Kyle Walters and I think he has done a fairly good job of upgrading the talent on this team. His one glaring weakness is receivers. Yes he's besties with O'Shea and if that prevents him from making the tough decisions then he needs to wear that.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lotta people with a lot of inside knowledge. Interesting. Also curious to get some insight about how one coach is "schooled" by another. Also curious how O'Shea without his starting QB "will never haver a better opportunity than this" to win it all? 

You don't think coaches get schooled by their counterparts from time to time? No one said we haven't faced some adversity. Yes it sucks that Nichols got hurt, however, we have to beat two teams to get to the Grey Cup, Calgary and then Sask. Calgary is not the powerhouse it has been in past years. Sask has a QB with a wonky back. That looks like an opportunity to capitalize on some good fortune to me. I'm sure O'Shea has Hall and Lapo preparing their best game plans and preparing to make quick, accurate adjustments in-game. Remember the WF last year? How'd we make out with Nichols in that one? I'm looking forward to seeing what Zach and/or Chris can do this year even though we'll have the same OC. Go Bombers!

19 hours ago, J5V said:

I like Kyle Walters and I think he has done a fairly good job of upgrading the talent on this team. His one glaring weakness is receivers. Yes he's besties with O'Shea and if that prevents him from making the tough decisions then he needs to wear that.

I'd have to disagree with you... as of this year... Bailey and Lawler both look like legit CFL receivers.... Lucky (when used properly) can be a threat... and Janarion Grant (while he hasn't done anything on offense yet) I think can be a very good receiver (with a different OC)...   

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I'd have to disagree with you... as of this year... Bailey and Lawler both look like legit CFL receivers.... Lucky (when used properly) can be a threat... and Janarion Grant (while he hasn't done anything on offense yet) I think can be a very good receiver (with a different OC)...   

Good players sure, but who’s the Brandon Banks, Bryan Burnham, Derel Walker, Reggie Begelton etc from that group? This O is desperately missing a game breaking receiver.