The Trade Thread

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah other than Connor & Scheifle who's gonna score? Shut those 2 down & we're pooched. 

Ehlers and Perfetti can certainly chip in…. Vilardi had what?  23 last season?  Maybe with better depth throughout the lineup, we won’t have to rely so much on the top two.  I may be grasping at straws, but it’s a theory.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah other than Connor & Scheifle who's gonna score? Shut those 2 down & we're pooched. 

Wheeler with his 15 , 16, & 17 goal seasons over the last three years was only marginally better then Lowry's 10, 13, 13 over the same span.   I think we will be fine.   We managed to score after shipping out Laine and Kane ... we will be fine. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

To me Ottawa might be interesting. Maybe Claude Giroux would be a nice fit if he’d waive (2 years left). Perfetti Giroux Ehlers would be good. 

Columbus is a dumpster fire. Maybe Boone Jenner is available but he’s their captain but dumpster fire so who knows. 

buffalo with mittlestadt makes sense. 

probably would take moving roster players there but maybe Iafallo (cap) Stanley plus 1st and a prospect like Lucius or Rashevsky types. Who knows. Maybe Barron kupari Gus even involved. It would take a bit and don’t think buffalo would want prospects or picks honestly 

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Fuuuuuuuuuudge

Oh no not a 3 rd pairing D man. I mean is it 5 years ago? Jets never in the mix here. Edmonton apparently was. Stars win out tho. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2024-02-28 at 11:06 PM, Noeller said:

Who gives a **** about Chris Tanev? And it's not like it's gonna help the #9thForLife fLames....

Reading thoughts from Tanev after he was traded and he goes on about loving Calgary that's where his heart is and potentially up to re-signing with them in the off season but says Dallas is in the best position to win right now.

I f'ing hate this, it grinds me and its just me personally as we all have legitimate different takes on this (e.g., just taking care of himself and those close around him, wants to win, wants to win now etc etc). But I can't trust people like this as the moment the waters become rough jump ship cuz I'm just thinking of myself or I'm with you until something better comes up then its see ya.

Loyalty to one another (if earned) is a dying art and not just in sport.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not a great pickup imo but I guess they had to replace Johansen. Basically a wash in that department imo.

lol. Umm. Mittelstadt is miles better than a coked out RyJo. Why is everyone pretending it’s 5 years ago. Colorado got better. The fact Philly waived RyJo instantly should tell you he sucks 

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No but trading away a 41 point scorer for a 3rd and 4th round pick is a steal.    I'd imagine if the Jets were to trade away Ehlers for the same return that people here would flip out.  

Probably considering Ehlers isn’t a ufa and has 2 years left. 

32 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Probably considering Ehlers isn’t a ufa and has 2 years left. 

Ok in 2 years if the Jets were to trade Ehlers assuming he had 43 points at that point of the season people would flip out.     Is that better?        Most Ottawa fans are not satisfied with the return which was low.