CFL Player Award predictions

TrueBlue4ever

On ‎2019‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 3:40 PM, Wideleft said:

Unless every other available container in that lot of supplements was contaminated, but I don't think he has the wherewithal to pursue that.

Not much of a point in it either anymore since the haters have already dug in and those that believe him will continue to do so.

44 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I think for clarity, the league should make players ineligible for awards if they are suspended for any reason. 

I could live with that.

But, doesn’t have to get approval from the notorious 3 Winnipeg media members...

Edited by Mr Dee

46 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I know the Harris snubbing has been beaten to death, but what is Simone Lawrence doing on there. He served a suspension and fined for a nasty headshot. Is that the type of player we call outstanding? That to me is the opposite of outstanding and negates anything positive he does on the field.  So play as dirty as you like, but be extra careful what you ingest!

Yes, the hypocrisy is stunning!

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I like what Steinauer did but, who could have done what Khari did, in that situation, with practically no time to prepare for it.

I mean Hamilton already had their team...Khari..not so much.

That's really it. Hamilton was expected to be tops in the east, Montreal was expected to be a dumpster fire. Khari easily did more to exceeed expectations especially being put in such a shitty situation taking over just before the regular season.

On 2019-11-03 at 8:57 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

I am still trying to understand why Harris, an athlete at his level,  why he even needed to take something else.

If he did, it would be following a very common script: a premier athlete who is aging but fears losing that competitive edge and everything that comes with it, turns to PEDs to extend or enhance his/her career.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I personally think it's ****** that they want to give Van Zeyl the MOOL just because he's never won it before and maybe deserved it in years past. There's nobody better than Bryant...even Yoshi would get a vote before old man Van Zeyl....

More for the players to play for as a team......  a grey cup for all the players would go far to show the local media how wrong they are

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I personally think it's ****** that they want to give Van Zeyl the MOOL just because he's never won it before and maybe deserved it in years past. There's nobody better than Bryant...even Yoshi would get a vote before old man Van Zeyl....

But Van Zeyl is a good story and the CFL are laaaaaaaaaaazy. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

No one in the media can judge line play, they just go by team stats.

Bob Irving told 620 radio today that the Bombers told their media that Bryant graded far above the other Bomber lineman...so I'm guessing other media judges offensive lineman by the same standards - they listen to what the team tells them.

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Bob Irving told 620 radio today that the Bombers told their media that Bryant graded far above the other Bomber lineman...so I'm guessing other media judges offensive lineman by the same standards - they listen to what the team tells them.

This makes a lot of sense, but also calls into question why the media are voting in the first place.

Edited by Jesse

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We expected the Ti Cats to be where they were down east as the most talented team in that division. No one expected the Als to have won 10 games & hosting the EDSF this Sunday. jones should have been the East nominee. 

I actually kind of hate the the coaching award is de facto "most improved" award. If you want to award the best coach, a lot of time it's the guy with the best record.

Steinauer is rookie HC. Yes, the TiCats were expected to do well, with Masoli as their QB, but they exceeded even that. They set a new team record. They went unbeaten at home. 

KJ is great story, bravo, but Orlondo is was the best coach this year.

The TiCats went 15-3. Over the past 20 years only the Stamps (x2) and Montreal (x1) have won 15 games in a year. 

Edited by JCon

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Steinauer is rookie HC. Yes, the TiCats were expected to do well, with Masoli as their QB, but they exceeded even that. They set a new team record. They went unbeaten at home. 

KJ is great story, bravo, but Orlondo is was the best coach this year.

Was he though? Hamilton has done well in the past, and like we have said, montreal was expected to be a tire fire. And khari got dumped in there with no prep time. That is a hell of an accomplishment and easily in my.mind more impressive than a guy leading an already good team to a good record.

38 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I actually kind of hate the the coaching award is de facto "most improved" award. If you want to award the best coach, a lot of time it's the guy with the best record.

The reason why I and many think the best coach is often the "most improved" is because if you go from bad to good, it's easy to lay the reason on the coach. It shows the coach was able to get the best out of what showed in the past to be a mediocre roster. If the GM had brought in a bunch of talent in that off-season, you could argue the coach instantly found a way to develop chemistry in a roster with a lot of new guys.

For your best record=best coach perspective, often you can see that a great roster will give you a great record. If that turns out to be true, then it doesn't have much to do with coaching, as is the case for Steinauer.