CFL Player Award predictions

TrueBlue4ever

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Let's not confuse things, I think Steinhauer is a ******* good coach, he's not undeserving of being recognized, I just think that Khari stepping into a no win situation and coming out ahead is the most impressive bit of coaching on the season. 

I could probably make a an equally strong case for KJ. I think that there are probably three deserving coaches for the award. 

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

You know how they say that there are no dumb questions?  If they are announcing the nominees now, doesn't that sort of answer your question before you asked it?

That was pretty much my point...... they should wait until the season is over to start any awards....   

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

That was pretty much my point...... they should wait until the season is over to start any awards....   

So might I suggest that instead of framing your thought as a question, you simply state your opinion?  Something like "they should wait until the season is over to start any awards".

That way it could be explained to you that these awards are for the regular season and that by doing it this way, they can add some buzz to the week preceding the Grey Cup, instead of afterwards when all the players and coaches have gone home and fewer fans will care.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

So might I suggest that instead of framing your thought as a question, you simply state your opinion?  Something like "they should wait until the season is over to start any awards".

That way it could be explained to you that these awards are for the regular season and that by doing it this way, they can add some buzz to the week preceding the Grey Cup, instead of afterwards when all the players and coaches have gone home and fewer fans will care.

I think,  especially this year,  it is taking away from the playoff buzz more than anything.  

And I have learned after twenty years of internet posting that an opinion can get you in way more trouble than a question.... 

30 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I think,  especially this year,  it is taking away from the playoff buzz more than anything.  

And I have learned after twenty years of internet posting that an opinion can get you in way more trouble than a question.... 

Nothing is taking away from the playoff buzz. Yeesh. 

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

And if they don't sell out, clearly, it's all because of the player/coach awards.  It would have nothing at all to do with the weather.   Welcome back to the ignore list...

The weather ?...... since when did the Canadian football fan become so soft that a bit of snow would keep them away ?..... and it's  the best time to drink beers outdoors, they never go cold !..... ....

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The weather ?...... since when did the Canadian football fan become so soft that a bit of snow would keep them away ?..... and it's  the best time to drink beers outdoors, they never go cold !..... ....

Way back, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, my late wife and I were season ticket holders (east side) and when the cold weather hit, we concocted something we called Bomber Coffee- coffee and dark rum in a thermos. Late in the game, we would crack it open and forestall frostbite (at least we thought it did). Funny enough, we never had the contents of the thermos checked.