World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Once again, this is all nonsensical. 

How do you read the audited financial statements for the year ending March 31st, 2021 and equate that to today's oil price? 

I didn't. I responded to a post of yours suggesting oil revenue is down since Harper. You lefties are great at deflecting. I didn't mention oil price in my criticism of deficits. I said oil revenues and all other revenues for that matter are being wasted by poor fiscal managment by our government then I responded to your off topic claim that oil revenues are down.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

BUt wouldn't the Keystone XL cost something to build? I mean- it's not free... WOuldn't we be going deeper into debt with that project? 

I don't see your line of logic here... unless you're saying there is a pipeline fairy somewhere...

Maybe he liked the Conservative approach that Jason Kenney took... throw $1billion at a project doomed to fail.... FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I didn't. I responded to a post of yours suggesting oil revenue is down since Harper. You lefties are great at deflecting. I didn't mention oil price in my criticism of deficits. I said oil revenues and all other revenues for that matter are being wasted by poor fiscal managment by our government then I responded to your off topic claim that oil revenues are down.

Again, this is all nonsense. You haven't provided any sort of argument other than "eyeball test" and some hand waving at various issues. 

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Not just oil money.  This current government has a spending problem and before Trudeau's acolytes try to come to his defence, I will simply advise them to go look at his yearly deficits and ask them where did the money go? I haven't seen it. Doesn't pass the eyeball test to me, and I am far from alone in that belief.

50 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Up top was your first comment. It was not backed by anything. You can't even articulate what your argument or issue is. 

Conservatives stand for lies bullshit and blaming everyone but themselves  and also insults .. they like to insult you. They will call you petty names like lefties or whatever eventho nobody in Manitoba votes liberal. 

Isn't that special. I guess you can say conservatives now a Day are just phonies or cons.  All lies all the time. I might not be right but I'm certainly not alt right 

Edited by Goalie

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

Up top was your first comment. It was not backed by anything. You can't even articulate what your argument or issue is. 

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information, especially in comparison to the difficulty of creating the misinformation in the first place.[1] It states that "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it."

also "Gish gallop."

standard approach of climate change skeptics.

also.."alternative facts"  😂

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Conservatives stand for lies bullshit and blaming everyone but themselves  and also insults .. they like to insult you. They will call you petty names like lefties or whatever eventho nobody in Manitoba votes liberal. 

Isn't that special. I guess you can say conservatives now a Day are just phonies or cons.  All lies all the time. I might not be right but I'm certainly not alt right 

Who is calling who names? Hypocrite.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

You can't even articulate what your argument or issue is

Oh the argument is perfectly clear: Trudeau bad! Lefties bad! Liberals bad!

It's just too bad that the people who bang that drum the loudest are the least likely to actually step back and look critically at the big picture. 

I have said repeatedly that I am not a huge fan of Trudeau or the Liberal party but I can clearly see that they offer a lot more to this country than  thr conservatives do. Don't even get me started on the BS claims of fiscal responsibility. Conservatives use that as an excuse to gut public services and throw in a boutique tax cut to pretend they are helping the country.

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes...what part of my first comment did you not understand? Where in that comment am I tying deficit to price of oil? I was responding to someone who stated that the Liberals squandered our oil money, I agreed, and expounded. You are the one trying to move the goal posts. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yes...what part of my first comment did you not understand? Where in that comment am I tying deficit to price of oil? I was responding to someone who stated that the Liberals squandered our oil money, I agreed, and expounded. You are the one trying to move the goal posts. 

What is your argument? 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh the argument is perfectly clear: Trudeau bad! Lefties bad! Liberals bad!

It's just too bad that the people who bang that drum the loudest are the least likely to actually step back and look critically at the big picture. 

I have said repeatedly that I am not a huge fan of Trudeau or the Liberal party but I can clearly see that they offer a lot more to this country than  thr conservatives do. Don't even get me started on the BS claims of fiscal responsibility. Conservatives use that as an excuse to gut public services and throw in a boutique tax cut to pretend they are helping the country.

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine. I like a Conservative run economy. There is much I dislike about the Cons as well, but this forum is so damn polarized it's near impossible for anyone to say anything positive about any party without being labelled a nazi supporter or a pinko. Certainly I am just as guilty of this as anyone else here, but I would bet I am the only one willing to admit it. 

The liberals absolutely did not squander oil money.  Since natural resources are provincial it is the provinces predominantly gaining financially from oil and gas. None moreso than Alberta with it's near half century of conservative rule... how's the heritage fund looking? Awwwww crap. Now granted they kept our taxes low so yay for that... but it might have been nice to have more savings in the bank for those rainy days. 

Please God, just one more boom, I promise not to piss it away this time

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

What is your argument? 

My argument is that the deficit is far too high and a good portion of it is due to wasteful spending and social program mismanagement. I do not care for that much.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The liberals absolutely did not squander oil money.  Since natural resources are provincial it is the provinces predominantly gaining financially from oil and gas. None moreso than Alberta with it's near half century of conservative rule... how's the heritage fund looking? Awwwww crap. Now granted they kept our taxes low so yay for that... but it might have been nice to have more savings in the bank for those rainy days. 

Please God, just one more boom, I promise not to piss it away this time

I will not argue that Alberta's government is very guilty in regard to wasted oil revenues as well.

56 minutes ago, WildPath said:

You were asked in another conversation what conservatives stand for these days. You deflected by asking what liberals stand for. Multiple people responded what they think liberals stand for. I'd still be curious what your answer would be.

I believe conservatives stand for fiscal responsibility, small government, and efficient program delivery.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe he liked the Conservative approach that Jason Kenney took... throw $1billion at a project doomed to fail.... FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!

Nope...don't like the Alberta conservatives one bit. They personify everything that is wrong with the right currently. Personally, I wish this faction of the CPC would go back to Reform and slowly die away like the political dinosaurs they are. There seems to be a misconception here that I am flag waving for the CPC, I am not. I am currently a displaced voter who is hoping that a small C conservative party will emerge and at the same time feels that our current government is trash. Why does criticism of the Liberals equate to support of the CPC. I have stated numerous times my vote in the federal election was a protest vote because they all have warts. I will always be right leaning in my ideology, but that doesn't mean I support the fiasco that is the conservative party right now. I am just hopeful they get their **** together so that this corrupt and scandal laden Liberal party government will be deposed of. They too are badly in need of a refresh.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

My argument is that the deficit is far too high and a good portion of it is due to wasteful spending and social program mismanagement. I do not care for that much.

What specifically? You've generalized. 

What mismanagement? 

You do know that we're two years into a global pandemic right? 

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I will not argue that Alberta's government is very guilty in regard to wasted oil revenues as well.

I believe conservatives stand for fiscal responsibility, small government, and efficient program delivery.

Nope...don't like the Alberta conservatives one bit. They personify everything that is wrong with the right currently. Personally, I wish this faction of the CPC would go back to Reform and slowly die away like the political dinosaurs they are.

That's just the lie they say but never actually follow though with. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Like I give a crap what some old dude thinks 

Great...then keep your comments to yourself and conduct yourself with some class. I may be an "old dude" but you are seriously immature.

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

What specifically? You've generalized. 

What mismanagement? 

You do know that we're two years into a global pandemic right? 

That's just the lie they say but never actually follow though with. 

I will agree that the right is certainly not having it's best days lately. I am hoping for better. Is that so wrong. I want the alt right to go away as badly as you do.

I thought the CERB was a fiasco in it's implementation which led to billions in fraudulent claims, that are unlikely to be collected. 

Edited by GCn20

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Nope...don't like the Alberta conservatives one bit. They personify everything that is wrong with the right currently. Personally, I wish this faction of the CPC would go back to Reform and slowly die away like the political dinosaurs they are. There seems to be a misconception here that I am flag waving for the CPC, I am not. I am currently a displaced voter who is hoping that a small C conservative party will emerge and at the same time feels that our current government is trash. Why does criticism of the Liberals equate to support of the CPC. I have stated numerous times my vote in the federal election was a protest vote.

There's a little bit of projection going on here. Whenever someone criticizes what you say on the basis of fact or philosophy they get branded with Liberal or leftist or worse yet.... Trudeau supporter, the horror!

Edited by WildPath

14 minutes ago, WildPath said:

There's a little bit of projection going on here. Whenever someone criticizes what you say on the basis of fact or philosophy they get branded with Liberal or leftist or worse yet.... Trudeau supporter, the horror!

Ok fair enough. However, it goes both ways, a few posts back I was a Trump supporting, lying, con man. Sticks and stones by both sides and that's how honest debate on ideology gets derailed. I apologize to all for my part in it. BTW< I certainly don't consider lefty as being an insult or derogatory term, just an ideology, I meant no offence. It differs from my ideology but I respect it. Our political system needs all sides of the spectrum to be successful.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

BUt wouldn't the Keystone XL cost something to build? I mean- it's not free... WOuldn't we be going deeper into debt with that project? 

I don't see your line of logic here... unless you're saying there is a pipeline fairy somewhere...

Yes, we would go deeper in debt but it wouldn't be money pissed into the wind with no avenue for ROI. There is a big difference between wasted money and investing. 

Edited by GCn20

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Great...then keep your comments to yourself and conduct yourself with some class. I may be an "old dude" but you are seriously immature.

I will agree that the right is certainly not having it's best days lately. I am hoping for better. Is that so wrong. I want the alt right to go away as badly as you do.

I thought the CERB was a fiasco in it's implementation which led to billions in fraudulent claims, that are unlikely to be collected. 

AG suggests $500M. Nothing to sneeze. But, they can go back and get those funds from those that deliberately defrauded the plan. 

I don't think that CERB was ideal, I just didn't see an alternative at that point in time. Not easy to distribute over $70B in emergency funds to almost 9 million people. The funds helped keep the economy going and from people defaulting on their debts. I expect the fallout from consumer confidence plummeting would have had a greater impact on the countries finances. 

You say "fiasco in it's implementation". On reflection, how do we design this program better for the next emergency?